Thread: Foreclosures

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Foreclosures

Some lenders are moving to foreclose just weeks after the borrower dies, many families say. The complaints are echoed by borrowers across the country, according to a review of federal and state court lawsuits against reverse mortgage lenders.

Beware

Others say that they don’t get that far. Soon after their parents die, the heirs say they are plunged into a bureaucratic maze as they try to get lenders to provide them with details about how to keep their family homes.

Diana posted, Anyone with any sense knows that a loan or mortgage has to be paid back by someone. No one is entitled to any inheritance. I would rather know that my parents or parent lived their final years how they wanted and had the money to do it comfortably than see them in some home just so I could get their stuff. My mother-in-law got a reverse mortgage and when she couldn't stay in the house anymore it was sold and the loan paid back and her sons split what was left. No one counted on getting the house or anything else.
    Last edited by Chex; 03-28-14 at 02:18 PM.