Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: State of Oregon does not support reording affidavits

State of Oregon does not support reording affidavits

I just attempted to file an "Affidavit in support of Demanding Lawful Money" and was sent from the Recorders Office to the County Clerk. The County Clerk rebuffed this attempt saying I needed to provide the statute that supports the recording of this document. He stated that he did not know what type of document this was. I replied that it was a Affidavit. He said that if it was a deed he could record it. I replied again that it was not a deed and that I wished to record it as a public document as a miscellaneous file recording. He stated there is no such thing.

I am now off to find supporting statutes. Perhaps it is better to file all of this in District Court?

Why not make it a Deed?

David, I looked and they are not required. Instead use the public notice process and or a notary. Anything notarized is as good as recorded. Use witnesses.

United States District Court miscellaneous case jacket perhaps? If they see something might be a "Federal/U.S." matter they might not tell you and simply say "We wont file it".
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

Quote Originally Posted by allodial View Post
    United States District Court miscellaneous case jacket perhaps? If they see something might be a "Federal/U.S." matter they might not tell you and simply say "We wont file it".
    Right now I am looking at public notice. My interpretation of the law is they have to record my Public Notice and it says that the original should be turned in with Notice.
    193.080¹

Filing affidavit of publication
    • original or copy as evidence

If an affidavit of publication is made in an action, suit or proceeding pending in a court, it may be filed with the clerk thereof; if not so made, it may be filed with the county clerk of the county where the newspaper is printed. In either case, the original affidavit, or if the same is filed with the clerk, a copy thereof, duly certified, is primary evidence of the facts stated therein

I believe I would fall under the "if not so made" portion.

If all else fails I do have a judgment in Oregon and I was thinking of attaching to that court case. I will enter my demand for payment by the debtor to be paid in lawful money. I will also insert the affidavit in support of demand for lawful money to show why I am making the debtor pay me in lawful money. I think I am getting the hang of this legal thing

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkin View Post
    David, I looked and they are not required. Instead use the public notice process and or a notary. Anything notarized is as good as recorded. Use witnesses.
    That would be 2 witnesses, right?

Normally 2 witnesses, yes.

Why not inform the clerk to file on demand?

Filing papers with the recorder, in itself, does not accomplish anything. The purpose of recording it there is to have it readily available to file into evidence if needed. Anything notarized will accomplish the same purpose. Any papers that are notarized can be placed into evidence. I couldn't find anything requiring the recorder to file on demand.

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkin View Post
    Filing papers with the recorder, in itself, does not accomplish anything. The purpose of recording it there is to have it readily available to file into evidence if needed. Anything notarized will accomplish the same purpose. Any papers that are notarized can be placed into evidence. I couldn't find anything requiring the recorder to file on demand.
    Always get a Commission Certificate on the Notary.