Quote Originally Posted by pumpkin View Post
Filing papers with the recorder, in itself, does not accomplish anything. The purpose of recording it there is to have it readily available to file into evidence if needed. Anything notarized will accomplish the same purpose. Any papers that are notarized can be placed into evidence. I couldn't find anything requiring the recorder to file on demand.
Au contraire- In fact it is the other way around,for the most part. Having a document notarized, in itself, only accomplishes a specific task such as certifying who signed a document and/or who declares the words on a document. Recording a document in a public arena accomplishes the task of giving notice to all so that none can claim ignorance.

There is the instance of a man who declared and had notarized his own insurance bond-

"November 2009. I got stopped for expired stickers on the license plates and I showed an un-filed, notarized, original. Because it was not filed with the county clerk, the officer gave me a ticket for "no proof of insurance". When I went to court this morning and finally sat down with the DA chick, she asked me if I had proof of insurance and i gave her a certified copy of the filed bond. The only thing she asked me was, "Where did you get this?" I asked her what did she mean and she just repeated the question. I knew better than to say, "I got it from __________ or off the internet" so I said, "I wrote it and submitted it to the County Clerk for recording". She asked if I had showed it to the officer and I said I had but it was not recorded at the time. She said since it was recorded now, it was sufficient!!"
-George