You have not demonstrated that "my conception" of common law is in error by any stretch. Your "concern for safety" of the Readers and Suitors presupposes that they are incapable of thinking, researching, studying and verifying on their own. You desire to keep total control over your little bubble and attempt to filter out anyone who "carries a pin" in that proximity.

Your own post attachment regarding "common law" supports my position:

"In a broad sense, "common law" may designate all that part of the positive law, juristic theory and ancient custom of any state or nation which is of general and universal application, thus marking off special or local rules or customs."

Sounds similar to what I "foisted upon you".

You say that my "misconception" can be very dangerous and my "behavior indicates a great deal of insecurity". Instead of dignifying that nonsense with a rebuttal, I will wait for ANYONE who agrees with it to step forward and stand with your "assessment".

You are like a modern-day politician who decides the people are too stupid to live their own lives by themselves so the politician will do it for them.