Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Leave 1040 Line 74(a) Blank?

Anthony Joseph
    Quote Originally Posted by allodial View Post
    Its evidence.

Blank paper or paper with writing on it? Writing is considered to be a memoralization (of testimony, agreemeent, etc.). Oral testimony for ceremonial or 'shoring up' is another matter.
    In a code/statutory/legalese court, paper forms the record. In a common law court, the record is formed viva voce. Memorialization still requires verification else it is just ink on paper.

This is accomplished through notarization (with Commission Certificate). The notary verifies that there is a human signor.

P.S. We often verify a man or woman signor with a red thumbprint too.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Joseph View Post
    In a code/statutory/legalese court, paper forms the record. In a common law court, the record is formed viva voce. Memorialization still requires verification else it is just ink on paper.
    Name:  20100204051848!Exchequer_of_Ireland.jpg
Views: 638
Size:  74.7 KB

U.S. Tax Court is probably moreso akin to the ancient Court of the Exchequer rather than otherwise. Shall we bring rope and gallows to a game of Monopoly? Or perhaps a Catherine Wheel?
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

Anthony Joseph
    A 'Notary' does not attest to the facts/claims written on the paper. I can claim to be 'Donald Duck' and have it 'notarized' - big deal.

Without first-hand testimony verification that what is written on paper is true, paper has no power in a common law court of record.

I feel like you are changing the subject. You cannot claim to be Donald Duck and have it notarized. I was talking about a notary attesting to a human man or woman signing in front of him or herself in the official capacity of a notary.

To avoid arguing about your definition of common law, I like Black's Fifth. Here in Colorado we have such standing from the Territorial Laws of 1861 as found in the State Archives:

...or from the judgments and decrees of the courts recognizing, affirming, and enforcing such usages and customs; and in this sense, particularly the ancient unwritten law of England.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Joseph View Post
    A 'Notary' does not attest to the facts/claims written on the paper. I can claim to be 'Donald Duck' and have it 'notarized' - big deal.
    This is how I comprehend it, too.

I may double-dog dare myself to get a doc notarized claiming I am Donald Duck and post it here, just for laffs. This place could use some.

Next extra $10 I have...lol

Anthony Joseph
    Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    I feel like you are changing the subject. You cannot claim to be Donald Duck and have it notarized. I was talking about a notary attesting to a human man or woman signing in front of him or herself in the official capacity of a notary.

To avoid arguing about your definition of common law, I like Black's Fifth. Here in Colorado we have such standing from the Territorial Laws of 1861 as found in the State Archives:
    Prove it.

The point being is that having something 'notarized' does NOT make what is written upon it automatically true without the one who created the document to verify it.

Anthony Joseph
    common law = unwritten law that is common to a particular society or set of people. (the word 'common' is an adjective modifying the word 'law')

The "Common Law" = a two-word noun signifying a specific type of law of a certain area; do you belong there? (the word 'common' is NOT an adjective modifying the word 'law' in this sense)

Another example: The "United States" is not equal to united States.

A common law court of record is the court of man, and; the record in said court is formed in living voice.

All other 'Courts' are for 'PERSONS' and the record is formed on paper since 'PERSONS' do NOT have vocal chords; man is NOT a part of the case in such a court unless he submits to a lower capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
    This is how I comprehend it, too.

I may double-dog dare myself to get a doc notarized claiming I am Donald Duck and post it here, just for laffs. This place could use some.

Next extra $10 I have...lol

Thanks for that comment.

A notarial officer has satisfactory evidence that a person is the person whose true signature is on a document if that person (i) is personally known to the notarial officer, (ii) is identified upon the oath or affirmation of a credible witness personally known to the notarial officer or (iii) is identified on the basis of identification documents.

You can make up definitions for common law all you like. I disagree and will not have you foist them upon me.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by David Merrill; 05-03-14 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    Thanks for that comment.
    You are quite welcome! And I hope it made you laugh. Have a great day! :-)