Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
Thank you Lost in Florida (backwards);

Welcome to StSC!

That is a relief that I do not offend Boris. I am pleased that in your unique and forgotten heritage that this process somehow turned up a lost estate. Would you please elaborate and maybe isolate what facets of Boris' process caught this attorney's attention?

From your post I presume that the attorney was after a cut of salvaging your estate from all that escheat and assumpsit.

P.S. On that known by his fruit doctrine: About 8 months back I received a call from AJ's wife as they lost their home, in a panic because in the process of the county removing all their possessions to the curb, they cuffed and jailed AJ. This explains to this amateur psychologist why he would feel so invested in Boris' doctrine, AJ now feeling he sees what went wrong. It also explains why he must resort to slurs and his own derogatory diagnosis of my mental health. His example of the 2008 Mortgage Release does little to convince me that portion of the process shown was the reasoning for releasing the mortgage when AJ himself lost his home - I assume under Boris' guidance.

Hi David,

Here's my take on what was different about Boris method. First, some foundation. The Cestui Que Vie Act of 1666 talks about those lost beyond the sea. Purportedly, they are supposed to send out three (3) search parties. Well, that never happened. With Boris method you check the box for the filing to go into the REAL ESTATE records, also you check the box for as-extracted. The timing of the filings and the resulting call from the Landsman company notifying me of these interests, was uncanny. The Landsman company works for Apache Corporation and they're trying to save their client some bucks, that's expected. But what this Landsman company did, was surreal. They said they were going to send me an Affidavit of Heirship. But what they sent me in the mail was a Form W-9 for me to fill out and a Ratification of oil, gas and mineral Lease. This Ratification Lease, on this Legal size page, said Owner on it ten times, one of those title of Owner right next to my signature line. So I called them back and said Hey, could you please explain to me how an heir can be an Owner? The attorney hemmed and hawed, stuttered...then said "We'll go ahead and send you out an Affidavit of Heirship." What is kind of embarrassing to me is that my family all readily signed this Ratification Lease, get this, with no facts or figures, nothing showing percentages, all they had to go by was a verbal ball park figure from this attorney. I hate to say this but they're not too bright.

So here's my opinion on it: I think the extent of their so-called search party is simply pulling up a browser and looking at the UCC filings and seeing who has...found themselves and listed their own selves.

Thank you again for your very warm welcome, David.

P.S. I had a really tough time with this at first. It's like one of those stereogram pictures where you can't see anything until you stare at it for a couple/few minutes. But once I saw the picture, there is no going back. I was holding myself back. That is the honest truth, David.