Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Acceptance For Value - What it is

Acceptance For Value - What it is

"Acceptance For Value" in this instance, is the process by which one may take a statement that indicates a balance due and then gives value to that statement, directing the UNITED STATES to pay stated amount.

Why not, since;
    All forms of payment are to be "legal" (private, under code).
    Legal "forms of payment" merely discharge debt.
    All legal debt may be discharged by "notes" which are the "obligation of the UNITED STATES" per USC 12 Section 411.

In 2006 I presented the Refusal For Cause process* for the first time which achieved satisfaction without having to file a Libel of Review and I have been applying the process ever since, (traffic tickets, court summons, city code enforcement, county fees/fines) even recently without forming a public record. ...Although proper record forming is highly recommended.

*HUGE THANK YOU's to David Merrill !!!

In 2006 I also applied the Accepted For Value process (Utility account statement) for the first time which achieved satisfaction and have been applying it ever since. I have also witnessed others achieve satisfaction with the Accepted For Value process which included applying "Money Order" to the coupon attached to account statements.

Reference to the UCC which supports it-

UCC 1-201 General Definitions
    (37) "Signed" includes using any symbol executed or adopted with present intention to adopt or accept a writing.

UCC 3-103 http://www.law.cornell.edu/ucc/3/3-103
    (1) "Acceptor" means a drawee who has accepted a draft.
    (4) "Drawee" means a person ordered in a draft to make payment.
    (5) "Drawer" means a person who signs or is identified in a draft as a person ordering payment.
    (8) "Order" means a written instruction to pay money signed by the person giving the instruction. The instruction may be addressed to any person, including the person giving the instruction, or to one or more persons jointly or in the alternative but not in succession. An authorization to pay is not an order unless the person authorized to pay is also instructed to pay.

(You may notice that some coupons attached to account statements have the verbiage, "Please remit with payment". The account provider desires that the coupon be remitted ("Please" hence asking not demanding) with payment but what they don't say is that "accept for value" may be applied and that the UNITED STATES becomes the remitter.)

(15) "Remitter" means a person who purchases an instrument from its issuer if the instrument is payable to an identified person other than the purchaser.

3-105 (a) "Issue" means the first delivery of an instrument by the maker or drawer, whether to a holder or nonholder, for the purpose of giving rights on the instrument to any person.

UCC 3-303 Value... http://www.law.cornell.edu/ucc/3/3-303#3-303
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by EZrhythm; 05-27-14 at 02:14 AM.

A huge You are Welcome!

I have called this Redeeming the Coupon. I have several examples and recall the main counter-tactic was to release the debt for 10 days and then resume billing or sell the debt to a scavenger. One had to publish that Payoff and have confidence in it; but at the same time Refuse it for Cause - at least that they would reinstate the charges after 10 days.

So few suitors could really grasp it and have confidence in it that I turned my attention to redeeming lawful money.

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    A huge You are Welcome!

I have called this Redeeming the Coupon. I have several examples and recall the main counter-tactic was to release the debt for 10 days and then resume billing or sell the debt to a scavenger. One had to publish that Payoff and have confidence in it; but at the same time Refuse it for Cause - at least that they would reinstate the charges after 10 days.
    What constituted publication?

If more people knew how to do this, it might begin a snowball effect.
    Maxim of law: "The laws sometimes sleep, but never die."

Common Law Remedy To Beat Traffic Tickets (and a whole lot more!)

One might use their evidence repository (PACER) or even a legal notice publication. I prefer we all Redeem Lawful Money by Demand pursuant to the Fed Act. - Much tidier.

Otherwise I would display some more of my examples.

It might be helpful to write the biller's federal tax ID on the bill. Acceptance for value is inappropriate verbiage if the original acceptor is accepting the draw. "Accepted" would suffice. Acceptance for value and acceptance for honor of bills are special cases. Also, contractual acceptance and acceptance of drafts are not necessarily the same--IMHO such confusion has obscured much understanding.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

I prefer we all Redeem Lawful Money by Demand pursuant to the Fed Act. - Much tidier.
    I'm in agreement with you there, David. Easier said than done, though.

Although by all rights, it shouldn't be. Ignorance and mental conditioning aside.
    Maxim of law: "The laws sometimes sleep, but never die."

Common Law Remedy To Beat Traffic Tickets (and a whole lot more!)

Quote Originally Posted by allodial View Post
    Acceptance for value is inappropriate verbiage if the original acceptor is accepting the draw. "Accepted" would suffice. Acceptance for value and acceptance for honor of bills are special cases.
    That's how I learned it too.

Quote Originally Posted by allodial View Post
    It might be helpful to write the biller's federal tax ID on the bill. Acceptance for value is inappropriate verbiage if the original acceptor is accepting the draw. "Accepted" would suffice. Acceptance for value and acceptance for honor of bills are special cases. Also, contractual acceptance and acceptance of drafts are not necessarily the same--IMHO such confusion has obscured much understanding.
    Interesting touch to add the corporation's tax ID # to the statement.

The example posted above states "Accept". I actually use "Accepted" since I as the authorized representative am communicating that I have accepted the statement for value.

One might use their evidence repository (PACER) or even a legal notice publication. I prefer we all Redeem Lawful Money by Demand pursuant to the Fed Act. - Much tidier.

Otherwise I would display some more of my examples.
    It would be interested to see examples of how others are presenting "lawful money" demands in regards to account statements. If you could start a thread on the subject that would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by EZrhythm; 05-29-14 at 05:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KnowLaw View Post
    What constituted publication?

If more people knew how to do this, it might begin a snowball effect.
    Many use National Republic Registry