Quote Originally Posted by MIRemedy View Post
Thank you for the replys every one. I needed to take care of some of my other obligations so excuse me for the delay. I definitely seek any enlightenment regarding this issue. I know I feel a great attachment to my child as my child does to me. Thanks for the info and links. I'm still a newbie at this and have a lot more research to do. Can you Elaborate more on the refusal for cause process?

Some more info on my situation.

My Child has been in foster care for 18 months now. Her mother tested positive for opiates at the delivery, I later was informed. I have a signed affidavit of parentage from the hospital and my name is on the birth certificate.

CPS/DHS have been involved since then. Ive been utilizing there" services" for 18 months now and it never ends. I was never charged with any crime. Child is with maternal grand parents.

Child is in foster care with DHS as guardian. What they told me, they "purchased out" (the term they used) the case to a pseudo religious charity. Now I have to deal with my "worker " through that nonprofit group. The same non profit group all so operates in the "family treatment" courts and the "drug" courts. 1 week after "purchasing" the case from DHS the non profit recommended termination of my parental rights.
I think it goes without saying that courts are grossly stacked in favor of the mother.
Trafficking in children is a cash cow for state (government) as well.

Your odds are <10% of receiving custody of the child as a father in (their) court using standard procedures.

In the future if you decide to marry and have children, I recommend going overseas. You still have to be careful, but I think you have a better shot of actually having a greater ownership interest in children rather than the state (government) owning your kid under the (old Common Law) doctrine of parens patriae.