Hello All,

I have been watching this forum for a few years now, and reading all I can about redeeming Lawful Money. Last year, I went off direct deposit and started redeeming my paper checks with the bank. This year, I filed my taxes. I mailed them both (Federal and State) on April 15th and pretty much followed the template used on this site successfully by others.

After a month, my Federal was accepted and was processed within 8 days. It was Approved for refund and I received my check from the IRS a couple weeks later.

My State return (State of Iowa) was finally accepted on 5/29. Today, I received a letter from the Iowa Department of Revenue. Below is what it says:

------------------------------------------------------
PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:

An explanation of "other income".
------------------------------------------------------

When I filed my Iowa 1040 form, on line 14 Other Income, I put a negative amount of the NET Income that I redeemed last year (example: -50000). I then stated that this was "Demand for Lawful Money Reduction".

I then created a scheduled form that looks like the below:

--------------------------------------------------
2013 Form 1040 Line 14
Supporting Schedule
Demand for Lawful Money
Per 12 USC Section 411

Name: John X Doe SSN: XXX-XX-XXXX
Form 1040 Line 14: Total Pay Reduction from Demanding Lawful Money

Total Gross Pay Reduction to Line 14: 50,000.00

See attached copies of the confirming checks and deposit slips. Said copies provide substantive record that lawful money is demanded for all transactions effective beginning 1/1/2013.
Also enclosed is a copy of Title 12 United States Code Section 411 for your review.
---------------------------------------------------

I enclosed in my package to them the following:
- Iowa 1040 form
- Scheduled form shown above
- Front/Back pictures of all 28 paychecks from last year, all redeemed with "Redeemed Lawful Money Pursuant to 12 USC 411"
- A copy of the law, 12 USC 411 from Cornell website
- W-2 slip from workplace

I have 15 days to reply to this letter and am looking for some advice on how to properly respond. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Breneth