Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Fast

Quote Originally Posted by doug555 View Post
    Yes, I agree that what is within the heart is very important. In fact the Messiah started with that focus (on "the within") with His "Sermon on the Mount" (Mt 5:1-12).

But, then in Mt 7:15-21, He warned that "the within" is revealed by "the without".

Unless there is obedience (outward expression) to the Will of Our Father [7 Annual Holydays], such "celebration within" is self-delusion.

Mt 7:20-21: 20 "So then, you will know them by their fruits. 21 "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven."

The movie "Inception" is a perfect illustration of this point. Leonardo always had to keep his "token" with him so he could always tell the real world from the dream worlds he went into mentally.

In the same way, we must always keep "doing the Will of Our Father" (7 Annual Holydays) as our "tokens" (signs) so we can always tell the truth from self-delusion.
    Well of course Faith absent Works is dead. Or you might say the blessing is in the hand of the doer. Therefore just as the flesh is dead absent the Spirit - Faith is dead absent Works.

Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed [as a potter] man [Adam] of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath that is life; and man became a living soul.

Shalom Brethren,
    MJ
    Last edited by Michael Joseph; 07-22-14 at 10:19 PM.
    The blessing is in the hand of the doer. Faith absent deeds is dead.

Lawful Money Trust Website

Divine Mind Community Call - Sundays 8pm EST

ONE man or woman can make a difference!

Quote Originally Posted by doug555 View Post
    An important clarification has been appended to "The Fast". Below is an excerpt:

July 20, 2014 – “Going Beyond Duty”:

Let me share some insights that came to me so far during “The Fast” that I began observing last night at sunset in accord with the Creator’s Way of defining “days”.

It is important to clarify that the way that I propose to “consecrate a fast” is NOT commanded in the Scriptures. It is NOT even in accord with the sacred calendar, since the 20th day of the every month in the Gregorian Calendar does not coincide with anything mentioned in the Scriptures, and does not even coincide with the 20th day of Abib/Nisan.

What I am proposing is beyond any DUTY required in The Law or “The Way that is common to the Kingdom”.

Let me explain by citing Luke 17:5-10:

5 And the apostles said unto the Lord, Increase our faith. 6 And the Lord said , If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root , and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you. 7 But which of you, having a servant plowing or feeding cattle , will say unto him by and by, when he is come from the field, Go and sit down to meat ? 8 And will not rather say unto him, Make ready wherewith I may sup , and gird thyself , and serve me, till I have eaten and drunken ; and afterward thou shalt eat and drink ? 9 Doth he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I trow not. 10 So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say , We are unprofitable servants : we have done that which was our duty to do.

Going Beyond Duty” is what I am proposing. Doing something NOT commanded… something the Messiah can truly “thank” us for when He returns.

Let me cite an example of this “Going Beyond Duty” by relating something special that Mary, the sister of Lazarus, the man the Messiah raised from the dead, did for the Messiah just before His last Passover observance on earth, when He was crucified and died for us.

Continue...

Name:  Daniel praying.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  64.1 KB

August 20, 2014 – “Going Beyond Duty”:

Daniel's petition is a TYPE for us today...

God was aware of Daniel's fasting and prayers for understanding about the timing of the Messiah's appearing (Holyday #1), and was "highly esteemed" by God for doing so.

Likewise, God is aware of those today who fast on the 20th of the month in remembrance and anticipation of the Firstfruits' appearing (Holyday #2) and their marriage to the Messiah on Pentecost (Holyday #3) that will precipitate the Spring Harvest on earth before the Messiah's return on the Feast of Trumpets (Holyday #4)

Notice just how much God gives attention to and appreciates those who are talking about Him and meditating about His Holyday Plan (Mal 3:16-18):

16 Then those who feared the LORD spoke to one another, and the LORD gave attention and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before Him for those who fear the LORD and who esteem His name [meditate on His name-NKJV]. 17 "They will be Mine," says the LORD of hosts, "on the day that I prepare My own possession, and I will spare them as a man spares his own son who serves him." 18 So you will again distinguish between the righteous and the wicked, between one who serves God and one who does not serve Him.
    Last edited by doug555; 08-20-14 at 09:39 PM.

April 20, 2015 – The “Foolishness” of Holydays 1 & 2

The death of God as a man is the fulfillment of Passover, Holyday 1.

God will never “sacrifice” or compromise His LAW of LOVE, which always requires a sacrifice, payment or propitiation for sin.

Instead, to preserve His Eternal LAW, He provided a payment for mankind’s sins. He sacrificed His own Son.

The Apostle Paul realized that his mission was to testify and be a witness to this literal fact of the sacrifice-payment made by the Messiah.

1 Cor 2:1-2
    1 And when I came to you, brethren, I did not come with superiority of speech or of wisdom, proclaiming to you the testimony of God. 2 For I determined to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified.

But to many detractors in Corinth, Paul’s message was “foolishness“.

1 Cor 1:18, 22, 23
    18 For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
    22 For indeed Jews ask for signs and Greeks search for wisdom;
    23 but we preach Christ crucified, to Jews a stumbling block and to Gentiles foolishness,

The literal historical death of a flesh and blood man, who later rose from that death, does not matter to the Greeks, particularly the Gnostics.

Knowledge
    alone is what matters to the Gnostics.

This is the very same mindset that was established in Eden, when man partook of the tree (production) the knowledge of good and evil (wisdom).

So it is to be expected that, in the very same way, a literal historical “desert miracle“, as the fulfillment of Holyday 2, is also “foolishness” to the modern-day Gnostics.

So the world’s mark of “foolishness” placed upon “the word of the cross” (Holyday 1) is, according to Paul, also a mark revealing “those who are perishing” (1 Cor 1:18 above).

Likewise
    , the same reveals those who consider a “desert miracle” to be “foolishness“.

Remember, these Holydays are revealed knowledge, and as such, are automatically deemed as “foolishness” by a Gnostic mindset because it is not man-generated knowledge.

Let us examine ourselves and consider what mindset we are truly operating from today, in view of the warning Paul gives us below:

1 Cor 1:27
    27 but God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong,

This is my Fast Meditation for April 20, 2015, to petition Our Father to "Spare Thy people" in accord with Joel 2.17, and to fulfill Holyday 2 to deliver His people so they can fulfill Holyday 3 to His Honor and Glory as His Holy Nation.

Last edited by doug555; 04-20-15 at 09:16 PM.