Thread: First Success At Bank For Redemption

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

First Success At Bank For Redemption

Hi All...

I'm very new to all of this and my head feels like it is still spinning with all that I've read here at S2SC. However, I wholeheartedly agree that the remedy found at 12 USC Sub-chapter 411 is the correct way to go.

So, to give my initial success story here, let me briefly set the stage:

I have worked with the "bank" in my local community for over 10 years now...very nice people when I started and with turn-over still nice folks there. Because of this, I went in to meet with one of the Asst. Mgrs. to inquire about my "demand" for lawful money pursuant to Title 12. I didn't feel I needed to ambush the tellers!

I said that I have been doing some research and have found that there are TWO different currency "notes" being used...FRN's and US Notes. However, there wasn't really enough USN's in circulation for me to receive when I cashed my check at his bank. He looked puzzled and said he didn't know about any US Code allowing this and asked if I could bring in a copy for him to review or to send to the bank's legal rep. to look over. I said "fine, will do"! That was last week.

So today, I went in to cash about 6 checks from my clients at the bank and I was armed with 2 copies of Title 12 USC Sub-chapter 411. I met with a different Asst. Mgr. and as I began to describe the process to him, he interrupted and said that he was aware of this type of "Restrictive Endorsement" and said that he would gladly approve this for my check cashing, he would alert and train his tellers in the lobby on how to handle my checks...AND.....wait for it, wait for it...!!! He would be happy to have me "re-sign" my Account Application with words to the effect of..."All Withdrawals and/or Deposits are to be deemed Redeemable In Lawful Money Pursuant to 12 USC, Sub-chapter 411". He was very happy to assist me!!!

Now, I was of course a tad bit nervous because of some to the related stories here of folks being visited by Sheriffs and G-Men wanting to know what they were doing in their bank asking such absurd things...!!! I didn't want any of this type of attention needless to say!

I need some advice from those of you with more experience:

1. I haven't yet signed my new bank Account Application/Signature Card...what EXACT wording should be used on this document?
    2. Should I also include "All Rights Reserved"?

Thanks in advance to any responses and constructive thoughts/advice.

Hbert
    Last edited by Hbert997; 03-18-11 at 01:16 AM.