Thread: Path to citizenship

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Of course good and holy internal order brings in outward results.

Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them. But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister; And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant: Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.
    And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high. Lk. 24:49
    Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children. Ephesians 5:1
    But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name.
    At Ephesians 1 it is asserted that after the resurrection that Christ was made to sit (i.e. a kingdom being conferred not merely given a 'comfy chair') in the heavenlies at the right hand of God. The order of events it seems was that the kingdom was conferred to Jesus then Acts 2 Pentecost Day events transpired. The saints were to tarry at Jerusalem until the seating referred to at Ephesians 1. Once the conferring was done they were endued with power--very simple to comprehend. This was some time ~33 AD. Thusly that kingdom has been active and in effect since then. There are those who suggest that the seating referred to at Ephesians 1 pertains to the throne of David. In any case, Ephesians 1/2 and Acts 2 both pertain to a very, very real and literal kingdom. What be it otherwise? AFAIK Acts 2 isn't mere allegory.

P.S. I wouldn't presume any flaky New Agey emanations coming from this direction.

Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest? Acts 7:49
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Last edited by allodial; 10-07-14 at 01:03 AM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.