Quote Originally Posted by motla68 View Post
Natural law is a whole lot simpler system to live by, not only do you have a abundance of philanthropist, but an exchanging of goods and services without the use of money. At one time there was a concept called barter banking, but now it s morphed into something called time banking. I spend an hour fixing some ones car, we agree on a hour worked, that gets put into the time bank and then later I spend that where someone cooks me a meal, also in this concept it does not have to be a direct exchange either.

My family takes part in a co-op or 2, plus we also participate in a community meal potluck style and there is always more then enough to eat for everyone at that time. The concepts are no more just a idea for us, we actually are living them out and encourage others to do the same.

Excellent! Coops are great. Barter/time systems are too but you really have to give 120% and expect 80% to realize the profit. Which can be pretty good while everybody is at peace and in harmony.

My experience is a bad one though. I went to a restaurant with my "credits" after it had sold and they put up a little Notice about the barter system. I missed it and had to drive over to the bank to pay in cash.