Thread: Daily Legal Maxim

Daily Legal Maxim

For the past two years, when time permits, I go through Black's 5th, Ballentine's 3rd and Bouvier's 1856 legal dictionaries pulling out and organizing legal maxims. Currently, I have 51 pages of legal maxims at my disposal. I feel many legal issues can be controlled with the use of legal maxims. Also, I feel many legal maxims are currently in use against the people without their knowledge. Consequentially, when a legal issue arises they are at a disadvantage.

It is my hope that daily, or atleast 5 times a week, I will post a maxim and give my commentary on it. Feel free to add your comments as no one knows it all, but with many, all can comprehend.

With that said here is the first maxim:
    #1 In order rightly to comprehend a thing, inquire first into the names, for a right knowledge of things depends upon their names.

This maxim is first due to its importance in all business dealings. Whenever you contract or engage with another person, the law presumes you understand the nature of the person you are dealing with. This maxim also applies to commercial instruments, such as FRNs. Unqualified use and acceptance of a FRN obligates you to contractual obligations between the fed and the U.S..

Before you do any business dealings, learn the nature of the person. Be careful of your associations. Hanging out with a neverdowell does not improve your reputation.

Delawarejones
    Despite the crapehangers, romanticists and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. Robert Heinlein

The law assists the wakeful, not the sleeping. Legal Maxim

Nothing is so natural as to dissolve anything in the way in which it was bound together; therefore the obligations of words is taken away by words; the obligation of mere consent is dissolved by contrary consent. Legal Maxim

MJ said something to me recently - about the First Trust being for Adam to name the animals. To Name Things.

Well, maybe his breach of trust is cause for us to be responsible trustees of the Resulting Trust?

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    MJ said something to me recently - about the First Trust being for Adam to name the animals. To Name Things.

Well, maybe his breach of trust is cause for us to be responsible trustees of the Resulting Trust?
    Yet, the House of Israel was to be the Trustee to carry forth "righteousness" and "present Torah" by expression of Life. But Israel dropped the Trust - See Jeremiah 35 - for the Resulting Trust - given to the enemy. Yehovah is Righteous and demands discipline. However, in Yehoshua - Yehovah Saves - we pick up the Trust in Him.

But to Remnant/Election -- Yehovah placed His trust IN the Elder of the two sons - Election.

Rom 8:33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

If that is too deep, then just set it aside. And lets go to the younger son - Prodigal - with ultimate free will - this life being a test -

James 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Act 5:29 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

-----

Jer 17:5 Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.

Jer 17:7 Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is.

Folks it is all about trust. Show me your deeds and I will know your trust. It is really just that simple.

----

You say Yehovah gave the resulting trust to the enemy? That's RIGHT. Just read Jer. 35. and lets go to the Great Song of Moses:

Deu 32:18 Of the Rock that begat thee thou art unmindful, and hast forgotten God that formed thee.

Deu 32:19 And when the LORD saw it, he abhorred them, because of the provoking of his sons, and of his daughters.

Deu 32:20 And he said, I will hide my face from them, I will see what their end shall be: for they are a very froward generation, children in whom is no faith.

Deu 32:21 They have moved me to jealousy with that which is not God; they have provoked me to anger with their vanities: and I will move them to jealousy with those which are not a people; I will provoke them to anger with a foolish nation.

the Sons of Cain - or the House of Hemath - shall provoke Israel until the going down of the sun....

Deu 32:30 How should one chase a thousand, and two put ten thousand to flight, except their Rock had sold them, and the LORD had shut them up?

"shut them up" is a Hebrewism that means to "fence in"

You think my presentation strange? - Tell me how many police officers there are in your town. I'll wager the ratio is approximately one per thousand.

and then,

Deu 32:37 And he shall say, Where are their gods, their rock in whom they trusted,

Deu 32:38 Which did eat the fat of their sacrifices, and drank the wine of their drink offerings? let them rise up and help you, and be your protection.

See Jeremiah 17:5 again for more clarity. And they shall look up and see the Son of Man coming in the clouds and beg for death and they shall not be able to die. Soul/spirit can only be blotted out by the one coming in the clouds. They have been found trusting in the wrong "rock".

----

musical interlude...

"one love one heart"

-----

Keeping with the intent of the thread - "Unequal things should not mix" - Do not commit adultery.
    Last edited by Michael Joseph; 03-19-11 at 12:30 AM.
    The blessing is in the hand of the doer. Faith absent deeds is dead.

Lawful Money Trust Website

Divine Mind Community Call - Sundays 8pm EST

ONE man or woman can make a difference!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Joseph View Post

Deu 32:30 How should one chase a thousand, and two put ten thousand to flight, except their Rock had sold them, and the LORD had shut them up?

"shut them up" is a Hebrewism that means to "fence in"

You think my presentation strange? - Tell me how many police officers there are in your town. I'll wager the ratio is approximately one per thousand.

and then,

Deu 32:37 And he shall say, Where are their gods, their rock in whom they trusted,

Deu 32:38 Which did eat the fat of their sacrifices, and drank the wine of their drink offerings? let them rise up and help you, and be your protection.

See Jeremiah 17:5 again for more clarity. And they shall look up and see the Son of Man coming in the clouds and beg for death and they shall not be able to die. Soul/spirit can only be blotted out by the one coming in the clouds. They have been found trusting in the wrong "rock".

Well said Michael Joseph.

The children of Israel were enslaved in Egypt before their Creator wrought a mighty deliverance for them.
    They had to get their feet wet, thinking no doubt they were going to drown, before the sea parted for them.
    Pharaoh and his host drowned in those same waters.

Pharaoh trusted in an inferior god. He pressed on with his pursuits even though he had already had evidence of the inferiority of his god during the ten plagues preceding the exodus of the Israelites.
    He thought he owned those slaves and he had to get them back, which cost him his life as well as the lives of his accompanying host.
    Bad company.

------
    local musical interlude
    ------

Shabbat Shalom
    Treefarmer

There is power in the blood of Jesus

Exo 14:8 And the LORD hardened the heart of Pharaoh king of Egypt, and he pursued after the children of Israel: and the children of Israel went out with an high hand.

Pharaoh has an argument before the judgment - Yehovah hardened his heart - Pharaoh fulfills the negative side to Election. Therefore it is not left to man to judge other men. Question: Did Pharaoh ask Yehovah to harden his heart? Consider.
    The blessing is in the hand of the doer. Faith absent deeds is dead.

Lawful Money Trust Website

Divine Mind Community Call - Sundays 8pm EST

ONE man or woman can make a difference!

Very appropriate the Bible verses, as many a legal maxim can be found therein. Synchronistically, I had pre-chosen the first two maxims and number two fits very well with the verses.

#2 Human laws are born, live and die.

Not much commentary is needed. I will say, Natural law or God's law is part of our legal system and expressly stated in the Declaration of Independence.

Delawarejones
    Despite the crapehangers, romanticists and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. Robert Heinlein

Nothing is so natural as to dissolve anything in the way in which it was bound together; therefore the obligations of words is taken away by words; the obligation of mere consent is dissolved by contrary consent. Legal Maxim

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Joseph View Post

Pharaoh has an argument before the judgment - Yehovah hardened his heart - Pharaoh fulfills the negative side to Election. Therefore it is not left to man to judge other men. Question: Did Pharaoh ask Yehovah to harden his heart? Consider.
    Since my answer and discussion to your question does not fit the thread topic, I've posted it in my blog space here.

Thank you
    Treefarmer

The next few maxims concern benefits given or granted from one person to another.

#3 No one is obliged to accept a benefit against his consent.

Seems fairly straightforward, and it is. Remember a SS#, voting, DL are benefits accruing from the status of US citizenship. None of them are required to enjoy Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Delawarejones

Thank you Delawarejones, I'm enjoying your legal maxims contributions.

Bright blessings
    Treefarmer