For members who don't recognize me I have been active in several of the past Sui Juris forums and am still active on the present manifestation. I enjoy researching old law texts with a view to see how our ancestors rationalized facts. These old rationalizations establish precedents that tend to embarrass the present generation of civilians.

For example, in law (that would be Common Law), a decision can only be reached by a panel of judges (two or more) with one being of the quorum (more experienced .. not a lay 'person'). You might ask how this can be of interest to anyone in the present legal environment. The adage is 'if you don't know your rights you have none'. If you accept a single judge to be the sole arbiter of facts and law then your consent to his decision is registered. If you know that a panel of judges is required then you cite the legal source and dismiss the decision of the singular judge.

The present system does recognize this 'panel of judges' concept but it only occurs during the appeals process in felony cases. The appellant judges sit as a panel and review both the facts (from the original trial) and the law (as they perceive it).

Anyway that is my perspective. I am looking forward to discussing these things with other forum members in the future.

palani