Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Certificate of Removal From United States and Canada - In their own words !

Pennsylvania and Georgia forms attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

re plates tags surrender

Quote Originally Posted by allodial View Post
    Pennsylvania and Georgia forms attached.
    salutations
    wondering if you have been without issue or stops
    since surrendering tag plates
    and if so what other processes did you use

own id. cancel insur, cancel return or rescind sign on dl? etc

thank you

Off the the top:

[1] Lawful identification/credentials (motorist qualification card, lawful ID, etc.)
    [2] IMHO car must be paid off*
    [3] Sending to State DMV/DoR a Notice of Sale or Assignment of the automobile being sold or assigned to non-resident where most recently tagged - that lets the State know the car is no longer the previous owner's*
    [4] Surrender plates if any associated with that chassis serial number (or VIN)
    [5] Insurance or Financial Responsibility Bond*
    [6] USDOT # showing no cargo, private, not commercial --notifying US Dept. Transportation that the # is only for helping law enforcement make distinctions betwen your private automobile and others; -- USDOT 3" or higher stickers on bumper and front bumper (license plate area empty or name of Entity or Person that the USDOT # is assigned and some artwork for fun)--anything about 'household goods' is to be avoided (see the link below);
    [7] Private / Not for Hire stickers on the rear bumper*;
    [8] not being a person born subject to the jurisdiction of the United States

One could even go as far as putting the VIN for the "Trade Name" or even filling a UCC or mechanic's lien on the automobile. IMHO * are mandatory or pretty much mandatory. IMHO it takes a reasonably well-rounded kit of knowledge and wisdom.

Regardless of that image, I would place separate PRIVATE / NOT FOR HIRE sticker on the bumper. USDOT 3" high letters minimum--to be read from a good distance. It is likely possible to get State tags with special arrangements at arm's length or better.
    Last edited by allodial; 02-24-15 at 04:39 AM.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2

Last edited by allodial; 02-24-15 at 03:51 AM.

us dot- ... thank you for reply

appreciate reply however the US dot route worked good and works for some if grandfathered in
    however still seems would be participating with babylon ,
    so for one here looking to come out of

consumer goods

again consumer goods

CON SUME R

goods
    chatel property
    say i have a box with blue ribbon filled with candy
    say i take same box and put blue ribbon on it and leave the candy

its still the same candy ehh?
    no thank you

I might benefit better if you describe the Survey. For example Grandfather implies that you would be referring to a previous Survey.

One can 'scrap' a vehicle with their forms. Every jurisdiction has them.
    Once done they remove the title from their records.
    Them take the vehicle and get it inspected in their jurisdiction and get a vehicle inspection certificate.
    Now you have removed the title and can prove the safety of your ride.
    The rest is up to you.

Noah
    Name:  police2.JPG
Views: 411
Size:  114.3 KB

"I ran your VIN and records show you're driving a scrapped vehicle."

Its the registration--not the title. The CERTIFICATE OF TITLE isn't title but evidence of title.

I avoid the land of fence riding.

If X is required of residents then you either is a resident are you isn't. If you is then .... if you isn't then.... Plain and simple. If you fill out a bill of sale showing that the recipient is a resident then what to expect except for the recipient/purchaser to be expected to do RESIDENT things. Unless the State has some reason other than your armchair, inner feelings and magic twinkly toe rings to believe you would be exempt then what do you expect them to do? If a resident person has some exemption or immunity in back of that person then of course that might have some significance.

Many States have a form for notifying the DMV or the like of the sale. If the sale is to a 'person' 'out of State' then of course the 'exporting' State would not expect the 'vehicle' to be registered in the exporting State by the purchaser . However, there is also such a thing as an ASSIGNMENT that is NOT necessarily a sale -- like a gift or "just 'cos". I can give a car to a random Chinese person in China if I wanted. Obviously, the State would not expect that person to register.

Mrs. Cowsnatcher in 3rd grade electrocuted you for failing to fill out a box on a form so you have become entrained in that way--she convinced of honesty and integrity being inferior or second-fiddle to her subversive obsessive compulsive disorder which caused her to freak out over a form being incomplete even if it meant making children lie and cry (and you thought she was a good role model!)--and she set out to infect you and peers with her OCD? Whatcha gone do twenty years later when you're accountable and she isn't? I'm not one to write in things that I don't know or to write in information that is false. If the sale is to John Henry who lives on private land near Kalamazoo, Michigan, then hmm could it be that John Henry might not be a resident of Michigan when and if that applies?

Instead of playing around the junk title game, perhaps there is another option. Keep to the survey but let them know when the new owner is not a resident. Can the new owner have a residential address and be resident? I'd tend to say no. Just say no to cognitive dissonance. However, there could be some special arrangement made out of necessity.

Also, how much sense does it make for someone to use a State ID as ID as a purchaser in an automobile transaction and then turn around and say they aren't a resident when State IDs are only issued to residents? If the purchaser *is* a resident then whats the problem? Call your legislature maybe?

Name:  FlaNoticeOfSale.jpg
Views: 431
Size:  164.0 KB

Of course if the Purchaser's address is: 2020 Mayberry Farms Acre Lane, Houston, Texas 12345 then putting false information in there might not be smiled upon by the State.

Warning: If the car is subject to a car note IT IS OWNED BY THE BANK/FINANCE COMPANY AND IS CONSIDERED TO BE LEASED BY THE BORROWER. A most elegant treatise/thread on the topic was lost with an older site.

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    I might benefit better if you describe the Survey. For example Grandfather implies that you would be referring to a previous Survey.
    Exactly. A proper notice to the State informs them concerning the Survey among other things. This should eliminate the "last known registered owner problem".

Overall, IMHO timidity doesn't have much of a place in these matters.

Related:
    Halting Between Two Opinions

P.S. Just because there is a box for sale amount DOESN'T AMOUNT TO A REQUIREMENT FOR MONEY TO BE INVOLVED IN EVERY TRANSACTION. Maybe it just means their form is about money transactions? For a mere assigment, I'd scratch out "SALE" and put in "ASSIGNMENT" or better yet I'd simply make up a Bill or Notice of Assignment and provide the substantial information. I'd have a clear and conspicuous verbiage that says the Assignor will no longer be liable as owner from the date of the assignment.
    Last edited by allodial; 02-25-15 at 03:47 AM.