Quote Originally Posted by Treefarmer View Post
Well yes, that's been my understanding all along. My PERSON resides in that federal box enclave. I don't live in the box of course, because I am not the PERSON, I merely use that PERSON for transactions in commerce.
This is what I was trying to explain to the Census lady, but without any visible success.

There are of course no numbers on any of my structures.
If I want FedEx to deliver a package to my house-shed, I park a truck out by the side of the road, a quarter mile away, with delivery instructions posted conspicuously in the window.
If I don't do that, FedEx will drop the package off at the nearest "residence" known to them, which happens to be an abandoned house on the opposite side of the road from my treefarm. No problem, I can go over there to fetch my packages.
Back when people lived there they'd give me a call to tell me my package had arrived.

If I really want to get stared at, all I need to do is explain that I don't have a telephone number because I am not a telephone.
Good on you treefarmer, keep discovering those distinctions. I was once there but do not worry about that kind of stuff generally anymore, always put " care of " in front of the mailing location and when receiving the packages in front of any signature or seal put " per: " A couple of forms filled out in the past few months I did not even sign and they got put through anyway.