Quote Originally Posted by KnowLaw View Post
I haven't had any contact with the county treasurer, only the county attorney's office, which is seeming to see if it can lure me into some kind of discussion or controversy. Since I'm in the private realm, I don't view his response as anything more than a weak attempt at "scare tactics." He's at a disadvantage because he doesn't know who he is dealing with, whereas I know the ammunition he has in his arsenal (which is limited in this case).

I have made my tender of payment (together with notarized and recorded a letter of credit) and remain in a position of honor. There is no controversy, just as you stated in your Coupon Authorization.

I don't see anything on the table to refuse for cause. Perhaps you are reading something into his response that is not there?
It was this I was referring to:

Quote Originally Posted by KnowLaw View Post
About two weeks after having sent my response to the county treasurer regarding the property tax statement he sent, I received a correspondence from the County Attorney's office which was short and basically not very substantive in content (meaning that it didn't address any of the legal issues at stake). It did seem to be cordial, however.

The only passage in which he seemed to address anyone's concerns was encapsulated in the following brief statement: "...having been advised by the Anywhere County Treasurer that the property taxes on the above parcel have not been paid, I wanted to remind you that the taxes will be delinquent if not paid in full by January 3, 2011. Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions regarding this matter."
That response by the attorney could be construed as another presentment/offer for you to agree with his interpretation or opinion. This is why most people have doubts about the R4C process; they think that a letter like that means "it didn't work" and not what it really is - A NEW OFFER to continue arguing the "contoversy". Of course, unless there is proper and certified proof of service of such an offer, there is no evidence you received it unless it is you that acknowledges receipt or argues what is contained in it.