Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Say Goodbye to Property Taxes?

Quote Originally Posted by shikamaru View Post
    They do. David Wilbur Johnson has good information on this.

I would study both land patents and land grants.
    Do you have any links for that?
    Treefarmer

There is power in the blood of Jesus

I believe it to be. Your land, now on the property tax roles, has public debts and obligations attached thereto. Those may need to be discharged before seeking removal.

Your land is collateral for the commercial paper issued by the State. The county is a public corporation established in part to collect revenues for its lord (the State).
    Hey Shikamaru, I am following the tax trail to the beginning. It all started with a lien when the place was bought with Fed credit. Now it is a magical lien as far as I can tell. Why? because it exists in minds but not on paper. I have been quoted statutes and laws from the town attorney but for some reason when I ask for a certified copy of the original signed by the tax assessor I received no response. Now I went into the township hall and filled out a request form for a copy of the lien. When they called me to let me know it was ready there was no lien in the package only a sales certificate for taxes I did not pay (they sold the taxes and created another lien). Hmm...I see why that original lien is not so easy to aquire and they don't even acknowledge it (but the insurance company did on the original policy).

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Christopher View Post
    Hey Shikamaru, I am following the tax trail to the beginning. It all started with a lien when the place was bought with Fed credit. Now it is a magical lien as far as I can tell. Why? because it exists in minds but not on paper. I have been quoted statutes and laws from the town attorney but for some reason when I ask for a certified copy of the original signed by the tax assessor I received no response. Now I went into the township hall and filled out a request form for a copy of the lien. When they called me to let me know it was ready there was no lien in the package only a sales certificate for taxes I did not pay (they sold the taxes and created another lien). Hmm...I see why that original lien is not so easy to aquire and they don't even acknowledge it (but the insurance company did on the original policy).

That is the kind of research that makes this website great!

That is interesting.

A lien is a security interest. It essentially is a holding of who gets paid first, next, and so on.
    Liens are removed upon satisfaction and closure of a debt.

You should be able to find out what bonds are attached to your land too. This information is available online.
    The bonds and liens will need to be satisfied before you can "close the account" i.e. remove the home from registration.

Homes are treated like investments. Deeds act as a type of commercial paper. Multiple parties have an interest in the "investment". There is a hierarchy of who gets paid first in the event of bankruptcy (liquidation).

The home "owner" has an equity position in the home. The "owner" gets paid last in the event of liquidation. The "owner" also has the burden of maintenance and upkeep. Banks, governments, and insurance companies derive profit off of the "investment". Those entities income is from "dividends".

THIS is why your position in a house is called EQUITY and banks are always keen on selling you home EQUITY loans .....

When you ain't borrowing against your house, they don't make dividends.

The home is registered .... like a security i.e. like a financial instrument.
    The home is insured ... like some securities.

There is an art to asking from auricular requests to using the courts (writs) to bring the rain .
    Last edited by shikamaru; 12-05-12 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Treefarmer View Post
    Do you have any links for that?
    BAM!

http://freedom-school.com/private-property-rights.html

Quote Originally Posted by walter View Post
    the civil war was not about freeing the slaves in the south,
    it was about taking the allodial title farm land away from the confederation to be used as surety for the union's debt,
    Can you explain why then Vice-President of the Confederacy, Alexander Stephens, had this to say in his Cornerstone Speech?

The new Constitution has put at rest forever all the agitating questions relating to our peculiar institutions—African slavery as it exists among us—the proper status of the negro in our form of civilization. This was the immediate cause of the late rupture and present revolution. Jefferson, in his forecast, had anticipated this, as the "rock upon which the old Union would split." He was right. What was conjecture with him, is now a realized fact. But whether he fully comprehended the great truth upon which that rock stood and stands, may be doubted. The prevailing ideas entertained by him and most of the leading statesmen at the time of the formation of the old Constitution were, that the enslavement of the African was in violation of the laws of nature; that it was wrong in principle, socially, morally and politically. It was an evil they knew not well how to deal with; but the general opinion of the men of that day was, that, somehow or other, in the order of Providence, the institution would be evanescent and pass away... Those ideas, however, were fundamentally wrong. They rested upon the assumption of the equality of races. This was an error. It was a sandy foundation, and the idea of a Government built upon it—when the "storm came and the wind blew, it fell."

Our new Government is founded upon exactly the opposite ideas; its foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery, subordination to the superior race, is his natural and moral condition.
    So, secession by the South was due, in part, to preservation of slavery and thus precipitating the Civil War.

In light of this, how was the Civil War not about freeing the "slaves"?

Quote Originally Posted by walter
    ....they possessed perfect title to the land before the war
    Land, at best, was held as a freehold. The land was taxed in every State as well.

A LETTER FROM PRESIDENT LINCOLN.; Reply to Horace Greeley. Slavery and the Union The Restoration of the Union the Paramount Object.
    Published: August 24, 1862

WASHINGTON, Aug. 22, 1862.

Hon. Horace Greeley:

DEAR SIR: I have just read yours of the 19th, addressed to myself through the New-York Tribune. If there be in it any statements or assumptions of fact which I may know to be erroneous, I do not now and here controvert them. If there be in it any inferences which I may believe to be falsely drawn, I do not now and here argue against them. If there be perceptible in it an impatient and dictatorial tone, I waive it in deference to an old friend, whose heart I have always supposed to be right.

As to the policy I "seem to be pursuing," as you say, I have not meant to leave any one in doubt.

I would save the Union. I would save it the shortest way under the Constitution. The sooner the national authority can be restored the nearer the Union will be "the Union as it was." If there be those who would not save the Union unless they could at the same time save Slavery, I do not agree with them. If there be those who would not save the Union unless they could at the same time destroy Slavery, I do not agree with them. My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or destroy Slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave, I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves, I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone, I would also do that. What I do about Slavery and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save this Union, and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union. I shall do less whenever I shall believe what I am doing hurts the cause, and I shall do more whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause. I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors; and I shall adopt new views so fast as they shall appear to be true views. I have here stated my purpose according to my view of official duty, and I intend no modification of my oft-expressed personal wish that all men, everywhere, could be free. Yours,

A. LINCOLN.

the civil war was about saving the union and nothing else,
    so the question is why did he want to save the union?

It all started with a lien when the place was bought with Fed credit.
    so then if gold or silver was used to buy the land then there would be no lien?
    gold and silver backed the green back until 1933 no?
    if so then any land bought pre 1933 would not have to pay tax's, but they did have to pay tax's,
    i am i missing something here?

Thank you very much.
    That will take some time to check out...
    Treefarmer

There is power in the blood of Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by walter View Post
    the civil war was about saving the union and nothing else,
    so the question is why did he want to save the union?
    Incorrect.
    Saving the union was a component of it, but so was slavery.

I'm not sure if you know how deeply slavery has affected the very nature and development of the United States. It had deep impact on representation, taxation, law, and more still with us today.
    It seems to me you are seeking to reduce the importance of slavery and its effect on the United States.

The North was was made up of mercantalists as well as workers. Those workers did not want competition from slaves; therefore in light of this, it makes sense why the North would outlaw slavery. It is always about economics, assets, and the goodies.

It is simple why he wanted to save the union: tax revenues and outstanding obligations of the political corporation.

By the by, could you cite that letter you posted?
    Last edited by shikamaru; 12-06-12 at 09:23 PM.