Quote Originally Posted by Treefarmer View Post
I do not recall ever signing such a thing.
Since I bought my land with cash (lawful money) and it had no built structures on it, there was no bank, real estate agent or lender involved.
See my thread here for details.
My cabin is called a "shed" on the assessor's survey. There is no "house" or "residence" on my land.
I put up a mailbox by the road after consulting with the mailman, several years after I built my cabin. He told me where to put it on the County right-of-way. That side of the road does not even adjoin my land.

For years the mailbox address was Rt. 1 box XXX-b. Then in the mid-nineties it changed to 1234 Newly Named Rd. format. The post office insisted I mark my mailbox accordingly or they would not deliver to the box anymore.
Soon after I marked the box with the new address and made all the necessary paperwork changes, my neighbor said that the 911 service director wants me to call him so he can give me a new address, because the address I had was not 911 compliant.
It is possible that the 911 director would have asked me to fill out some type of affidavit of residence but it never came to that because I never contacted him.

My address is not in the 911 system to this day.

In the 2010 US census, in which I worked as a field worker, I noticed that every shed, roofed wood pile, travel trailer and my cabin-shed had been mapped with GPS coordinates.
Unfortunately I was not assigned to work my own street, but I talked with the lady who was. I explained to her how there was no "residence" on my land and she was polite about it and agreeable. I suspect though that she had no idea what I was talking about and I do not know what she ended up writing into her survey. That would have been interesting to see, but the entire Census process was shrouded in much mystery which I as a field worker was unable to penetrate.
I had a lot of questions to which the job coordinators and superiors standard answer was "I don't know".
Hey Treefarmer, did you ever consider that the box out by the road sitting in a " Public Easement " is the residence and that you do not live in that box?
It just might be a mailing location in which to communicate with " the person ".
If that is the public then what is the private? could it be the structure you are camped in temporarily on this earth that some would call a house?
I think as long as you take the numbers off the house and put " Care of" in front of the mailing location of all correspondence you might be able to sleep a little easier at night.