Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Joseph View Post
The doc is a slight variance of the original "Coupon Offer" document which has been circulating around for awhile. If you read it through, it is a basic instruction to the account owner as to how to settle their own account internally. The statutes cited are specifically for their own benefit only as a friendly reminder of the laws that bind them. Also, as another gesture of good faith, the coupon provided by them is included and returned as an instrument of payment which they MUST recognize and accept according to the laws of their realm of operation and commerce. This coupon is essentially as valid a form of payment as is an envelope full of FRNs acording to thier own law. I kindly provided that law for them to read, for their own benefit only, to make it easier for them to settle the matter quickly on their books.

It is actually a very simple document when you extract all the statutes, codes and definitions. I do not want or gain any benefit from their "laws"; I provide it to them only as a friendly reminder and as a gesture of good faith from the standing and character of a competent living soul who chooses to be a non-jurisdictional peaceful inhabitant on the land who can offer assistance to others when needed.
Thanks for the amended link, Anthony. It worked.

As I suspected, the document you provided is essentially the same response I sent to the county treasurer where I live, virtually word for word, although in a slightly different form. When I have more time available, I will return to document what I did.

About two weeks after having sent my response to the county treasurer regarding the property tax statement he sent, I received a correspondence from the County Attorney's office which was short and basically not very substantive in content (meaning that it didn't address any of the legal issues at stake). It did seem to be cordial, however.

The only passage in which he seemed to address anyone's concerns was encapsulated in the following brief statement: "...having been advised by the Anywhere County Treasurer that the property taxes on the above parcel have not been paid, I wanted to remind you that the taxes will be delinquent if not paid in full by January 3, 2011. Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions regarding this matter."

Needless to say, I have no questions regarding this matter as the correspondences I sent to the county treasurer have outlined the law quite clearly, as well as any consequences he will encounter should he decide not to take advantage of the offered presentment.

I have not heard back from either one of these two government officials since that time.

As I say, when I have time, I will return to this thread to document the action I took.

Be well everyone, and fight the good fight.