Thread: In These Dark Days, the Church Needs Her Men to be Men

In These Dark Days, the Church Needs Her Men to be Men

FYI info on a sermon that has been making a buzz as of late.

In These Dark Days, the Church Needs Her Men to be Men
    By: Msgr. Charles Pope

This is a post that Satan apparently did not like. When I posted it last Thursday, the Server of the Archdiocese (literally) burnt up within an hour or two of posting. And while things are slowly coming back online, the post you are about to read could not be found in the archive file, anywhere. Thanks be to God some intrepid readers (at dclatinmass.com) had saved the post which I had not had time to back up. So here is a post that I suspect Satan did not want you to read. But the devil is a liar and God is able. :-)

When I was growing up, my father would often exhort me to “be a man.” He would summon me to courage and responsibility and to discover the heroic capacity that was in me. St. Paul summoned forth a spiritual manhood with these words: We [must] all attain to the unity of faith and knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the extent of the full stature of Christ, so that we may no longer be infants, tossed by waves and swept along by every wind of teaching arising from human trickery, from their cunning in the interests of deceitful scheming. Rather, living the truth in love, we should grow in every way into him who is the head, Christ (Eph 4:13ff).

If the ladies will pardon me (for women have their own sort of strength), I want to issue a special summons to men, especially fathers, husbands, and priests. The summons is simple: be a man. We need men in these dark days, men who will heroically speak and act, men who will announce the truth and insist upon it wherever they have authority, men who will stop being passive fathers and husbands, priests who will stop “playing it safe” by remaining silent in the moral storm. Yes, be a man.

It has often been observed that men are rather disengaged from the practice of the faith and attendance at the Sacred Liturgy. Frankly, there is a reason—not a politically correct one, but a reason nonetheless. Most of the men I talk to find the Church rather feminized. There is much talk in the Church about forgiveness and love, about receptivity and about being “nicer.” These are fine virtues, all of them necessary. But men also want to be engaged, to be sent into battle, to go forth and make a difference. [More: source]
    Related: Bishop Donald Sanborne's sermon on the roles of husbands and wives (mp3)
    Last edited by allodial; 11-14-14 at 02:33 AM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

There's a fine sermon, but I received it differently than I would have had I received it say, five years ago.

To me, these days, the exhortation to 'be a man' means recognizing my capacity to be separate and apart from the legal fictions that make up the world.

In order to do that, I am required to recognize my Creator, and that the term 'legal fiction' is a fancy way of saying 'lie'.

So 'going forth to do battle' is more than exercising virtue. It's holding myself accountable to a higher law by being a man, and not acting in persona.
    Last edited by Keith Alan; 11-14-14 at 05:56 PM.

In order to do that, I am required to recognize my Creator,

This is one of the most amazing things, IMO, about studying law. I learned that first, the spirits of other realms that wish to be 'over' man, resides (here on earth) where that is most easily accomplished, government. And that man's place is under God, his Creator, just as government's place is under man, its creator. I have often thought that one of the most important lessons in this world is usurpation.

I agree with Keith & Pumpkin and blame the wimpiness on the 501c-3 status of most churches since they took a benefit and can't teach the whole truth, esp. Old Testament.

Wimpy church guys was the number-one turn-off for me back in my 20s. (Still is.) Even back then, I knew something was "off" about these guys. They were like eunuchs. Even non-believers had more testosterone.

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkin View Post
    In order to do that, I am required to recognize my Creator,

This is one of the most amazing things, IMO, about studying law. I learned that first, the spirits of other realms that wish to be 'over' man, resides (here on earth) where that is most easily accomplished, government. And that man's place is under God, his Creator, just as government's place is under man, its creator. I have often thought that one of the most important lessons in this world is usurpation.
    Another important lesson is abdication.

This is one of the most amazing things, IMO, about studying law. I learned that first, the spirits of other realms that wish to be 'over' man, resides (here on earth) where that is most easily accomplished, government.
    I have thought for some time that this "reality" is the highest spiritual experience. I call the errant spirits memory clusters. It would seem that all they want to do is find some human who will abdicate, turn over their God-given free will so that they can "channel" some kind of wise-sounding message and get back in on the action here.

While I agree that God's Church cannot and IS NOT subject to man's inventions - one must ask then naturally the question concerning "the Church of the firstborn": Where is it and who inducts man into it? It has no buildings and it has no labels - only Yehovah El Elyon can induct one into that Church by and thru Yehoshuah the Messiah. Its administration is governed by the Holy Spirit of Yehovah El Elyon. Thus man cannot come to this church in his free will. Therefore what of all these social clubs in "drag disguise"?

I knew of a man who has since died. He was a beloved teacher. He was the head of a 501c3 organization; however, I find many establish such creations in ignorance - if they only knew the truth, they would have never allowed such an election. There but for the "grace of God" go I.

Nevertheless once the truth comes - what will one do with it. Will they continue to deny the Christ or be a part of the solution? Not to equate the Spiritual with the temporal [carnal] but I too see a parallel with Lawful Money. Once the truth comes what will one do with it? Continue to sit on the sidelines in their "illusion of comfort"? I say illusion for what will that one do when the proverbial rug is yanked out from under his feet? How then will that one look down his/her nose at those who undertook for the truth?

Let us be about the solution.

Luke 10:17 And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the demons are subdued unto us through Thy name.

Shalom,
    MJ
    The blessing is in the hand of the doer. Faith absent deeds is dead.

Lawful Money Trust Website

Divine Mind Community Call - Sundays 8pm EST

ONE man or woman can make a difference!

I think true Christianity is incompatible with statism. That's the reality that few are willing to embrace.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Joseph View Post
    While I agree that God's Church cannot and IS NOT subject to man's inventions - one must ask then naturally the question concerning "the Church of the firstborn": Where is it and who inducts man into it? It has no buildings and it has no labels - only Yehovah El Elyon can induct one into that Church by and thru Yehoshuah the Messiah. Its administration is governed by the Holy Spirit of Yehovah El Elyon. Thus man cannot come to this church in his free will. Therefore what of all these social clubs in "drag disguise"?

I knew of a man who has since died. He was a beloved teacher. He was the head of a 501c3 organization; however, I find many establish such creations in ignorance - if they only knew the truth, they would have never allowed such an election. There but for the "grace of God" go I.

Nevertheless once the truth comes - what will one do with it. Will they continue to deny the Christ or be a part of the solution? Not to equate the Spiritual with the temporal [carnal] but I too see a parallel with Lawful Money. Once the truth comes what will one do with it? Continue to sit on the sidelines in their "illusion of comfort"? I say illusion for what will that one do when the proverbial rug is yanked out from under his feet? How then will that one look down his/her nose at those who undertook for the truth?

Let us be about the solution.

Luke 10:17 And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the demons are subdued unto us through Thy name.

Shalom,
    MJ
    Authentic Christianity is incompatible with statism. I think being part of the solution is actually being a man, not merely acting the part. And one cannot be a man until he submits to his Creator.

I apologize for the multiple posts here. I'm unable to delete posts, or see if my messages are actually posted until well after the fact. Something to do with the site.