Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breastfed, Homebirthed Babies Taken Away From Parents For Not Using Hospital

Breastfed, Homebirthed Babies Taken Away From Parents For Not Using Hospital

Interesting story. No birth certificate im assuming. Is the state administrating the property of the parents (baby) because they have not rebutted the presumptions ? Other than that I do not see how they have the authority to take a baby from their parents. I almost cant believe these stories when I read them, it must be a living nightmare for the parents.

Breastfed, Homebirthed Babies Taken Away From Parents For Not Using Hospital
    by Terri LaPoint
    Health Impact News

All three of their babies have been taken away from them and placed in the care of strangers. Levi was 10 months old when his mother, local singer and songwriter Erica May Rengo, gave birth to his twin brother and sister, at their home in Bellingham, Washington.

“Our birth was glorious,” she said, and the twins were reportedly healthy, full-term babies, who had no problem quickly figuring out how to breastfeed. The little family was overjoyed until CPS stepped in to “help.”

It is another medical kidnapping according to the parents. The Rengos have chosen a wholesome, holistic lifestyle, based in their Christian faith. But CPS has stepped in to override the parents’ decisions. Now Erica and Cleave are living what they call a nightmare, separated from their children for reasons that don’t make any sense at all to them.

Decision to Home Birth

It was only natural for Erica to choose normal, family-centered birth. Erica herself was born at home, and says that her mother was a homebirth educator and La Leche League leader (a world-wide support and education group for breastfeeding mothers). She and Cleave chose a birth-center birth with their first baby, but decided to birth at home the second time. She knew that her body was perfectly designed to work for birth. She believed this was the direction God was showing them for the birth. Erica was very careful during her pregnancy to watch her diet and exercise, in preparation for the birth. She read, researched, and prepared.

She describes her homebirth as “exquisite” and “empowering.” Morna Kai Grace and Daniel Clemente were born into their parents’ loving arms.

The birth was perfect. There were no complications with the birth or afterwards. But Erica and her husband Cleave agreed to allow the local paramedics in when someone called them, in an effort to appease concerned family members who were fearful of their decision to birth at home. That is where their problems began.

The Medical System Gets Involved

Sometime after the babies arrived on October 2, paramedics arrived to find the twins nursing and everybody doing fine. The twins each weighed over 5 lbs, and the paramedics allegedly verified that everyone appeared healthy. The paramedics allegedly recommended that they go to the hospital for evaluation, which is standard procedure for EMTs.

The Rengos say they declined, telling them they didn’t want to expose their newborns to the dirty environment of the hospital. They were planning to follow recommendations they had found, which stated that newborn twins should stay home for the first six weeks of life, to give their immune systems the opportunity to build up.

CPS Shows Up

The parents’ believe that because they chose not to go to the hospital at that time, somebody called CPS. A couple of social workers showed up the next day, and wanted to see all of the children. CPS told Erica that they were “here to help.” But Erica says that is not at all what happened.

When the social worker found some eczema on Levi’s skin Erica told her that she was treating it with some herbal remedies, including comfrey and calendula, as well as applying coconut oil and giving probiotics. She was also doing an elimination diet to try to locate what could be causing the skin condition. Even though it was in the healing process, the social worker became critical that Erica wasn’t treating his eczema with steroids, a treatment option that Erica wanted to save as a last resort because of the side effects. The CPS agent would later testify to the judge that Erica had neglected to treat him completely.

Even so, the eczema was the only thing wrong. Erica says, “right away they found out that the children were not in danger.” The twins were completely healthy; the house was clean; and there are no drugs or alcohol involved.

The Rengos agreed to take the children to a pediatrician, who said the babies were doing fine. The only concern was that the twins were slow to gain weight. At the time, Erica was trying to maintain a supply for three breastfeeding babies. She says she followed the pediatrician’s advice to supplement with formula, and the babies promptly got back on track with weight gain.

This was allegedly verified by a nurse sent out by CPS to check on them.

Erica May and Cleave are holistic in their approach to life and health, preferring natural alternatives, like herbs and diet changes, to medicinal treatments. Those things appear to be options only if CPS is not involved.

CPS Takes Custody of Children

On November 6, CPS showed up at the front door while Erica was softly singing and playing her guitar to her resting babies. When she checked the door, they told her that they were there to take her children, citing neglect for not giving Levi steroids for his eczema, and the home-birth without medical prenatal care with the twins, as well as the allegations of abuse, accusations which Erica had already assured them were completely unfounded. She also had prenatal care, just not with a doctor.

With one baby on her back, the frightened mother fled out the back door with her children to a neighbor’s house, but police and CPS “hunted her down,” and took these breastfed babies from their mothers’ arms. The twins were 5 weeks old.

Erica broke down into sobs as I spoke with her. “My children were safe and healthy with me.” Since they have been taken by CPS, Levi has reportedly had pneumonia, and has reportedly been diagnosed with “behavioral problems” because he screams and cries all the time.

He is screaming, Erica says, because he wants his mom and dad.

Why Are Children with No History of Abuse Being Taken Away from Loving Parents for Medical Reasons?

Children who have allegedly not been abused in any way have been taken by CPS from loving parents for reasons so flimsy that it has left the Rengos and their friends stunned. Several of their friends write that Erica is “a great mama.” .................................................. .................................................. .....

(I had to keep it under 10000 characters if you would like to read the rest of the story, the link is in the title.)

UPDATE 12/1/2014

Constitutional Attorney Stephen Pidgeon has agreed to represent the Rengo Family in an attempt to reunite babies Levi, Morna, and Daniel with their parents. He will accompany the family to the hearing tomorrow, and the public and the media are encouraged to show up at the:
    Whatcom County Courthouse 311 Grand Avenue Bellingham Washington Tuesday December 2nd – @ 9:00 A.M.

UPDATE 12/2/2014 – Hearing Extended to Wed.

Representative Jason Overstreet, representing the 42nd district in Washington, and who has taken an interest in this case, just posted an update on his Facebook Page:
    The Rengo Family placement hearing was moved up this morning to 10 a.m. from the scheduled 4 p.m. hearing. I will withhold comment on that move. Security was heavy. The courtroom was packed. The allotted timeframe was 1 hour with an expected decision on placement either with the parents or a semi-permanent out of family placement. If your a poker player, this will be your “tell.” The State Attorney General’s Office stood in place of the County legal team in the prosecution of this hearing. A rare move indeed. Attorney General Ferguson, the same AG who is persecuting Christian business owners for refusing to participate in weddings that conflict with their closely held religious beliefs, sent his legal team to take over in an attempt to spare the State embarrassment. The Attorney General’s Office took the entire hour, discussing police reports where no arrests were made, save one, prior to the birth of the children. No mention of the babies’ health and welfare was even attempted by the State. The court commissioner was frustrated at the State’s extended attempt to muddy the water, even commenting on the rare nature of such extended testimony on a case that should be cut and dried after a forcible taking of children from their parents. The hearing was extended to tomorrow at 2:30 on the 4th floor of the Whatcom County Courthouse, where he demanded that the State rap up and allow the family’s legal team to present it’s case. Constitutional Attorney Steven Pidgeon petitioned the court for a writ of habeus corpus, asking that the charges be laid or the children be released to the parents. The writ of habeus corpus, a fundamental tool of liberty guaranteed by both our State and Federal Constitutions, was ignored by the court, the clerk stating that they hadn’t even seen one in 20 years, with one judge refusing to even look at the writ. There is much talk of “more to the story.” There certainly is. There always is. If you are tempted to make that statement, ask yourself where your information is coming from and what the validity of that information actually is. This is not a comfortable conversation, it’s true. I shudder the horror of your family, or mine, under a microscope of the bureaucracy that is CPS.
    There seems to be an entire industry thriving off of displacing children.

CPS Corruption? Attorneys, Professors, and Judges Speak Out!

homebirth ed babies

Quote Originally Posted by tommyf350 View Post
    Interesting story. No birth certificate im assuming. Is the state administrating the property of the parents (baby) because they have not rebutted the presumptions ? Other than that I do not see how they have the authority to take a baby from their parents. I almost cant believe these stories when I read them, it must be a living nightmare for the parents.

CPS Corruption? Attorneys, Professors, and Judges Speak Out!
    yes indeed, as i, read the gov pays out $8000.00 for every property/child placed in foster care, i, contacted Terry who wrote the article and let him know suijuris.me would help, Terry asked for proof, i directed him to a few calls, however i, think he wants paper proof or is in it for other reasons as he has not responded to a few follow-up emails offering to set up a phone call to converse with jon
    , i also emailed Cleave the father so we will see i wish them the best...

Seen this when it came out. Medical Kidnapped
    "And if I could I surely would Stand on the rock that Moses stood"

I was dating a psychiatrist who worked in a big hospital. There was a huge Christian organization there convincing unwed mothers to give the unborn babies to "better" families. My girlfriend organized the nurses to just tell the girls, when handing them their newborns, that there was nothing binding about the contracts the Christians had pushed on them.

The Christians quickly left the hospital.

Apparently, multi-birth homebirths are held to be 'illegal' in the State of Washington waterworld. I wonder if State of Washington's CPS has authority to make seizures on land. Also, something tells me that the parents obtained berth certificates for their children despite home birth.

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    I was dating a psychiatrist who worked in a big hospital. There was a huge Christian organization there convincing unwed mothers to give the unborn babies to "better" families. My girlfriend organized the nurses to just tell the girls, when handing them their newborns, that there was nothing binding about the contracts the Christians had pushed on them.

The Christians quickly left the hospital.
    Scandalous.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyf350 View Post
    From slavery to child sacrifice to child trafficking. At least religious tests would have tended to keep Satanists out of office. Re: elimination of religious tests -> Be careful what you wish for?
    Last edited by allodial; 12-06-14 at 04:03 AM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

They gave jurisdiction by opening the door and talking to EMTs and CPS.
    It's easier to fool people than to convince people they've been fooled. ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
    Yes. I agree. A number of months ago a cps worker knocked on my door, demanding to visually inspect my son. She was accompanied by a police officer (acting as a public servant, providing her with transportation). I flat out refused and told them both to get off of my property. Once they left the cps worker went to my wife's fathers house and proceeded to threaten my in-laws with legal actions against my wife and I (threatening to take our child) if we did not let them visually inspect our son.

That was three to four months ago, and they have never returned.

Amazing and truly wonderful to have Faith back of my decisions.

Don't consent. Children probably doped up with vaccines after taken into custody. Criminal bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
    Agreed, further more,
    Jurisdiction was granted far before that.
    I guarantee you that both mom and dad have accepted the "assignment" of the "States Judicial Personality" and us it for trying to gain profit.
    Once one does that then they acquire obligations that must be fulfilled.
    Usury at its finest.