Thread: Treasury Letter from 1984

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by doug555 View Post
    I cannot follow your calculations... sorry. Just do 1040 as you normally would. Just use Line 21 to include "Other Income" which is the total amount from its attached Schedule.

See post10366 for an example of this Schedule.

Note thereon that Regular & Overtime Pay amounts are Gross amounts. You MUST use your payroll register printouts to do this schedule... not the W2 amounts. Otherwise you cannot pro-rate the amounts correctly.

Please understand: You are NOT getting back any withheld amounts except the Federal Income Tax Withheld (FITW). All the other withheld amounts are valid amounts you must pay for the services received therefrom by contract agreement, now or in the future (Ex: Social Security).

The Online version TaxACT make the 1040 Filing VERY EASY & VERY AFFORDABLE!!! I recommend also getting the Audit Protection package.

Doug555, I contacted TaxACT and they told me they have a "Tax Audit Defense" package which is a 3rd-party tool. Is this synonymous with 'the Audit Protection package' you referred to?

IMM

JohnnyCash
    I found this one helpful as well. Lawful Income Tax Avoidance for the Qualified Wages and Salaries of Natural Persons by Richard C. DiMare

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCash View Post
    Wow! David's name does get around now doesn't it?

You read this JC?
    "And if I could I surely would Stand on the rock that Moses stood"

Direct taxes at the federal level has only been assessed on two objects: real estate and slaves.

Springer v. United States (1880).

JohnnyCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shikamaru View Post
    Direct taxes at the federal level has only been assessed on two objects: real estate and slaves.
    I don't think so. Here's a direct tax from 1798. http://ctcwarrior.com/lawfuldirecttax.pdf

I don't think so. Here's a direct tax from 1798. http://ctcwarrior.com/lawfuldirecttax.pdf
    It will thus be seen that whenever the government has imposed a tax which it recognized as a direct tax, it has never been applied to any objects but real estate and slaves.
    SPRINGER v. U S, 102 U.S. 586 (1880)

Hmmmm....I suspect JC wrote that review, Chex !!

Quote Originally Posted by itsmymoney View Post
    Doug555, I contacted TaxACT and they told me they have a "Tax Audit Defense" package which is a 3rd-party tool. Is this synonymous with 'the Audit Protection package' you referred to?

IMM
    Yes, that's it!