Ok, novice here with Google Drive and 'cloud' and creating a URL for the documents on Google Drive.

1) I've uploaded some docs to my 'MY DRIVE' on Google Drive. This is probably a stupid question, but until I 'share' MY DRIVE with others then those docs are private to me, correct? Probably should have asked that question prior, but here we are.

2) Doug555 mentioned TINYURL.com so I went there. They give you an example of a long url which is then converted to a small one. So let's say I convert my personal MY DRIVE url to a small one. So I then provide that tiny url on my 1040 for the IRS to view the checks/slips. My question is: So just by providing that tiny url to 'someone' (in this case IRS) they can then view those docs on my personal MY DRIVE? I was under the impression that you need to grant 'share permissions' to others to view your MY DRIVE files, so I'm confused with how this all works.

3) Is that LUMIN PDF viewer 'secure'? It's a 3rd-party viewer, but I'm probably over thinking it here. Main reason is that some of the PDF docs are upside down and I/others need the rotation feature to right-side-them up.

Any help is greatly appreciated for the novice. Thanks.