Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Treasury Letter from 1984

Ok, novice here with Google Drive and 'cloud' and creating a URL for the documents on Google Drive.

1) I've uploaded some docs to my 'MY DRIVE' on Google Drive. This is probably a stupid question, but until I 'share' MY DRIVE with others then those docs are private to me, correct? Probably should have asked that question prior, but here we are.

2) Doug555 mentioned TINYURL.com so I went there. They give you an example of a long url which is then converted to a small one. So let's say I convert my personal MY DRIVE url to a small one. So I then provide that tiny url on my 1040 for the IRS to view the checks/slips. My question is: So just by providing that tiny url to 'someone' (in this case IRS) they can then view those docs on my personal MY DRIVE? I was under the impression that you need to grant 'share permissions' to others to view your MY DRIVE files, so I'm confused with how this all works.

3) Is that LUMIN PDF viewer 'secure'? It's a 3rd-party viewer, but I'm probably over thinking it here. Main reason is that some of the PDF docs are upside down and I/others need the rotation feature to right-side-them up.

Any help is greatly appreciated for the novice. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by itsmymoney View Post
    Ok, novice here with Google Drive and 'cloud' and creating a URL for the documents on Google Drive.

1) I've uploaded some docs to my 'MY DRIVE' on Google Drive. This is probably a stupid question, but until I 'share' MY DRIVE with others then those docs are private to me, correct? Probably should have asked that question prior, but here we are.
    That is correct

2) Doug555 mentioned TINYURL.com so I went there. They give you an example of a long url which is then converted to a small one. So let's say I convert my personal MY DRIVE url to a small one. So I then provide that tiny url on my 1040 for the IRS to view the checks/slips. My question is: So just by providing that tiny url to 'someone' (in this case IRS) they can then view those docs on my personal MY DRIVE? I was under the impression that you need to grant 'share permissions' to others to view your MY DRIVE files, so I'm confused with how this all works.
    I just did the google drive for the 1st time the other day also, but it's pretty simple really. I recall there were three options for sharing:
    1 - No share, you view/edit only
    2 - Anybody w/ a link you give them (IMPORTANT you check off VIEW ONLY)
    3 - Everybody/Anybody which allows the "busy-bodys" to find the docs off a search engine (check VIEW ONLY of course)

3) Is that LUMIN PDF viewer 'secure'? It's a 3rd-party viewer, but I'm probably over thinking it here. Main reason is that some of the PDF docs are upside down and I/others need the rotation feature to right-side-them up.
    I noticed this the other day on one of your posts here....stuff was upside down....sounds to me like you might have to rotate your docs 180° before sending them out to the interwebs

I was able to check all this stuff out about my new Google drive....I use Chrome as my browser of choice, but I also have Internet Explorer 8. So signed in @ Chrome, & I couldn't access the Google drive shared link on IE8 until I set the share correctly.

Hope this helps IMM

JohnnyCash
    The Treasury letter is dated Nov 1 1982.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnycash View Post
    the treasury letter is dated nov 1 1982.
    Name:  chief-temple-guard-tod-loose-4.JPG
Views: 391
Size:  82.3 KB
    Insolence!
    Last edited by allodial; 01-22-15 at 03:03 AM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

Originally Posted by itsmymoney

That is correct

I just did the google drive for the 1st time the other day also, but it's pretty simple really. I recall there were three options for sharing:
    1 - No share, you view/edit only
    2 - Anybody w/ a link you give them (IMPORTANT you check off VIEW ONLY)
    3 - Everybody/Anybody which allows the "busy-bodys" to find the docs off a search engine (check VIEW ONLY of course)

I noticed this the other day on one of your posts here....stuff was upside down....sounds to me like you might have to rotate your docs 180° before sending them out to the interwebs

I was able to check all this stuff out about my new Google drive....I use Chrome as my browser of choice, but I also have Internet Explorer 8. So signed in @ Chrome, & I couldn't access the Google drive shared link on IE8 until I set the share correctly.

Hope this helps IMM

ag maniac (or anyone else well-versed here),

I uploaded a folder that contains all the lawful money (LM) scans. So should I 'tiny-url' the 'My Drive' url that shows the as-yet unopened LM folder, or open the folder that displays all the documents and 'tiny-url' that url? I'm thinking that sharing the LM folder (check the box next to it) with the 'My Drive' tiny url will allow the tiny url possesor to open the folder and view all the documents within. Does anyone know if this will work? Or do you need to open the folder and share all those files with THAT url (the url of the opened folder)?

Thank you.
    Last edited by itsmymoney; 01-24-15 at 04:23 PM.

[/COLOR]

ag maniac (or anyone else well-versed here),

I uploaded a folder that contains all the lawful money (LM) scans. So should I 'tiny-url' the 'My Drive' url that shows the as-yet unopened LM folder, or open the folder that displays all the documents and 'tiny-url' that url? I'm thinking that sharing the LM folder (check the box next to it) with the 'My Drive' tiny url will allow the tiny url possesor to open the folder and view all the documents within. Does anyone know if this will work? Or do you need to open the folder and share all those files with THAT url (the url of the opened folder)?

Indeed, you have provided the correct solution

Quote Originally Posted by ag maniac View Post
    Indeed, you have provided the correct solution
    ag maniac,

I thought the 'folder method' would work but I don't want to chance it. As you noted, I'll open the folder, select all the files within and then share them with the url of the opened folder.

On our way to gaining back our country, one demand at a time

ag, thanks for confirming this. I really appreciate the help.

imm