Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Treasury Letter from 1984

Quote Originally Posted by itsmymoney View Post
    Doug555, I contacted TaxACT and they told me they have a "Tax Audit Defense" package which is a 3rd-party tool. Is this synonymous with 'the Audit Protection package' you referred to?

IMM
    Yes, that's it!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCash View Post
    Hmmmm....I suspect JC wrote that review, Chex !!

Quote Originally Posted by allodial View Post
    I would tend to recommend getting hold of a Black's Law Dictionary, Bouvier's Law Dictionary, a Balllentine's Law Dictionary and an old 1800s Jacob Giles law dictionary online and consider that there are at least two English languages: 'common speak' and 'official'. Also the mindset of helping servants out or keeping them in line might be more fruitful and healthy than us/me vs them theater of war mindset. To be a good master might take some diligent study and rightly dividing of the word of truth.

A green contract law hornbook is a nice quite helpful start. I'd be sure to cover and the basics of contract formation, remedies and recourse, requirements for parties at the least. IMHO a book like this for only $5.96--is like free gold coins like forever. Consider that checks, promissory notes and bonds are types of contracts.
    Good look on that Jacob Giles .

I typically call the two English languages: the vulgar tongue and the King's (Queen's) English.

Direct taxes at the federal level has only been assessed on two objects: real estate and slaves.

Springer v. United States (1880).

Quote Originally Posted by shikamaru View Post
    Good look on that Jacob Giles .

I typically call the two English languages: the vulgar tongue and the King's (Queen's) English.
    I must correct that: Giles Jacob. He was associated with one of the best law dictionaries evarr.

Related: A new law-dictionary: containing, the interpretation and definition of words and terms used in the law: and also the whole law, and the practice thereof, under all the heads and titles of the same (1739)
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

JohnnyCash
    Direct taxes at the federal level has only been assessed on two objects: real estate and slaves.
    I don't think so. Here's a direct tax from 1798. http://ctcwarrior.com/lawfuldirecttax.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCash View Post
    I don't think so. Here's a direct tax from 1798. http://ctcwarrior.com/lawfuldirecttax.pdf
    It will thus be seen that whenever the government has imposed a tax which it recognized as a direct tax, it has never been applied to any objects but real estate and slaves.
    SPRINGER v. U S, 102 U.S. 586 (1880)

It will thus be seen that whenever the government has imposed a tax which it recognized as a direct tax, it has never been applied to any objects but real estate and slaves.
    Re: slave - perhaps see also employee, servant.

Name:  lawofmasterservant.png
Views: 576
Size:  85.2 KB
    Last edited by allodial; 12-22-14 at 10:31 PM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

Doug: 1040, Line 21 has "See Attached" on it right after its description. The TaxACT Program then create a separate schedule that has Lines 1 & 2 available for your use. See example below. The Line 21 amount will always have a preceding dash to indicate a negative amount of "Other income", and it should always be greater than your Gross Income amount, because of adding in the "withholding" transactions amounts that were legitimately presumed by the employer to be provided in the default FRN currency.
    Doug, I'm starting to create my supporting schedule based on one of the example templates, but I'm confused. My schedule lays out every entry on the year-end payroll register (see below w/o amounts), with a corresponding column for any Lawful Money reduction as applicable to each (not shown below). If I may ask some questions to clear this up for me, please:

1) One Lawful Money reduction would be the total amount of all the deposits made in Lawful Money, correct? In my case this is virtually the same amount as the Net Pay (I missed literally one check - long story).

2) The Fed Withholding is your Gross Pay withheld towards a tax. However, if you redeemed all or virtually all of the Net Pay then the Fed Withholding is not applicable in that sense (a tax). So can some/all of Fed Withholding be added as an offset? See 3 below relative to this...

3) Regarding the text I bolded in your quote above, I believe you are saying that "Other Income" (in this simple example) would be (Net Pay + Fed Withholding). I believe you are saying that "Other Income" should be greater than 'Gross Pay'; or 'Adjusted Gross Income'? How can that be, with all the other non-redeemable deductions in play? Just not seeing it clearly yet.

Sorry for my confusion. This is my first-time RILM and I'm trying to comprehend it overall and relative to filling out the 1040. Any help or clarification is most appreciated.

Sincerely,

IMM

Payroll Register entries...
    Gross Pay Regular
    Gross Pay OT
    Gross Pay Bonus
    Net Pay
    Fed Withholding Tax
    SS Withholding Tax
    Medicare Tax
    State Withholding Tax

Quote Originally Posted by itsmymoney View Post
    Doug, I'm starting to create my supporting schedule based on one of the example templates, but I'm confused. My schedule lays out every entry on the year-end payroll register (see below w/o amounts), with a corresponding column for any Lawful Money reduction as applicable to each (not shown below). If I may ask some questions to clear this up for me, please:

1) One Lawful Money reduction would be the total amount of all the deposits made in Lawful Money, correct? In my case this is virtually the same amount as the Net Pay (I missed literally one check - long story).

NO. All deposits are presumed to be in FRNs - the default currency. The main and primary LM reduction amount is all Gross pay received AFTER your first LM demand was made on the record.

2) The Fed Withholding is your Gross Pay withheld towards a tax. However, if you redeemed all or virtually all of the Net Pay then the Fed Withholding is not applicable in that sense (a tax). So can some/all of Fed Withholding be added as an offset? See 3 below relative to this...

NO. IMO, Net Pay is NOT a transaction to be counted, since Gross Pay to you already includes this amount. However, FITW is a transaction. As are the other withholdings.

3) Regarding the text I bolded in your quote above, I believe you are saying that "Other Income" (in this simple example) would be (Net Pay + Fed Withholding). I believe you are saying that "Other Income" should be greater than 'Gross Pay'; or 'Adjusted Gross Income'? How can that be, with all the other non-redeemable deductions in play? Just not seeing it clearly yet.

NO. Gross pay transaction + ALL withholding transactions... IF you made your LM demand as I instructed, which makes it (LM Demand) TRANSACTION-based.

Sorry for my confusion. This is my first-time RILM and I'm trying to comprehend it overall and relative to filling out the 1040. Any help or clarification is most appreciated.

I am sure others are confused too. Let's ALL get this right!

Sincerely,

IMM

Payroll Register entries...
    Gross Pay Regular
    Gross Pay OT
    Gross Pay Bonus
    Net Pay
    Fed Withholding Tax
    SS Withholding Tax
    Medicare Tax
    State Withholding Tax
    Name:  1040supportingschedules.jpg
Views: 652
Size:  76.9 KB

See above comments.

There are no NET amounts in above Schedule.

All amounts are from Payroll Register in YTD amounts.

Column 1 minus column 2 = column 3, since the LM demand started about mid-September in this example.

Last edited by doug555; 12-23-14 at 08:30 PM.