Thread: Patriots win again - 2013 lawful money tax filing

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    JohnnyCash

Patriots win again - 2013 lawful money tax filing

I've been a non-filer for many years, making & depositing lawful money (not FRNs), and thus no requirement to file, even though I do get these 1099-MISC reports. For example THIS ONE I received for TY2012 and never filed a return, no IRS issues afterward.

But then the quatlude gave me an idea. What's better than paying no tax & not filing? Yep, filing with spouse so family can get a bigger refund. So for TY2013 we made use of the PERSON, as secondary filer.

PRIMARY filer: $47k in W2 wages & $14k in pension/annuity. ($14k in redeemed lawful money)
    SECONDARY filer: $48k in 1099-MISC income yet none entered on the 1040. (All $48k redeemed lawful money)
    Total of $109k in reported income. Federal refund of $5k:

http://www.ctcwarrior.com/1040_2013_victory.pdf

VICTORY?
    From the experience of others, we see the IRS typically matching their database records to come back 6 to 8 months later with a letter inquiring about the reported "income" not being entered on the 1040 return (if it really was federal income). For example, here's the experience of David L. who received 1099 info reports for tax year 2010 yet didn't file a return at all, and the IRS inquired about his missing return in November (2nd inquiry actually) of the following year. It's now January 2015, 10 months after our filing, and not a peep from the IRS.

It's in this "mourning after" period that the CtC-method usually fails. HENDRICKSON shows little of what happens after filing his so-called "zero-income" return; the CP letters, garnishments, penalties & levies. In fact, it appears I am the only successful CtC Warrior over there.

Another confirmed victory for lawful money.
    Last edited by JohnnyCash; 01-16-15 at 04:17 AM.