Thread: Patriots win again - 2013 lawful money tax filing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    You're right Johnny...same refund both ways....and for that matter, same refund if you manipulate the numbers for a GROSS PAY EXAMPLE.

And that gross pay ties back into Doug555's "ALL TRANSACTIONS" reasoning....to include the FITW & FICA amounts for the "W-2" employees....and your mention on another post "You cannot exclude or deduct more than your foreign earned income for the year."

I understand the logic behind the "All Transactions", but had such a hard time wrapping my head around the actual numbers in doug's example....especially when the refund comes out the same when using Gross Pay....and in my mind Gross Pay includes the transactions of FITW & FICA....but I definitely see the logic of not using Net Pay for the reason that FRN's & Lawful Money become co-mingled.

Noah
    Do you and Doug carry around 2 wallets to avoid co-mingling?

Johnny, while as filers on a joint return paying $2100 in fed taxes, I feel it should be pointed out, that by virtue of primary filer being an "employee" in "employment," the employer paid in an equal (at least once was equal) amount of SocialSecurity and Medicare taxes, box 4 and box 6, into the system. So the total contribution to federal coffers would be 2100+3200+700 = $6000.
    I'm surprised crazy-math Doug did not catch this as he's always looking for moar.