Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We're here to help you?

We're here to help you?

We've got answers from TurboTax support experts and customers like you to help you get your taxes done right. https://ttlc.intuit.com/

About Me: DoninGa US Army 6 years Viet Nam Vet IBM 30 years - Field Support, Regional Manager IBM Instruments, Manager IBM Remote Support-Atlanta, Database Administrator-IBM Support Atlanta, Toronto, Montreal, Tokyo TurboTax user - circa 1989 to date. DoninGa has not asked any questions.

DoninGa doesn't give answers either

Searching: "Lawful money" There are no posts. https://ttlc.intuit.com/

"Thanks John, you're awesome! I didn't know TurboTax offered this level of support. You probably have a customer for life, now.- Perry, TurboTax Customer

Really now Troll?
    "And if I could I surely would Stand on the rock that Moses stood"

I believe he answered the question. Also noticed that some of your response wasn't exactly responsive.

How do you know its a he? What line was it, I missed it.

I perhaps wrongly assumed by the respondent's handle "doninga" (could be a donna?). Seemed like they tried to help and gave the best answerpossible with what information he had to a rather obscure question...but I think the answer is to put it where you think it belongs ...I think Doug here has it all laid out nicely in one post he updated very recently but don't have the link.

The original question might get interesting responses from some 3 letter agencies?

Peace

JohnnyCash
    That answer from Don in GA is similar to what I've received. Most folks are clueless about lawful money. So thanks for speading the word!

If your question was not rhetorical, then yes, taking a Line 21 deduction/reduction for redeemed lawful money seems most appropriate and it's been working right along for us. It's where the IRS instructions indicate the "Foreign Earned Income Exclusion" is to be entered as a negative. And lawful money is certainly foreign to the private "United States" company. Oh doug, I couldn't help but notice this too: "You cannot exclude or deduct more than your foreign earned income for the year."
    https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/18...come#collapse3
    Which sounds to me like ... You cannot exclude or deduct more than your redeemed lawful money for the year.
    Last edited by JohnnyCash; 01-21-15 at 03:43 AM.

Thank you JC that's all I was trying to do spread the word with one question to get someone thinking.....

"What line do I use for the lawful money redemption on TT2014 stated in the United States Code at 12USC411? was all that was asked

until SuperUser deleted all the responses where that link is stuck for now in webspace not under the search for lawful money.

18 U.S.C. ยง 8. Obligation or other security of the United States defined.

The term ''obligation or other security of the United States'' includes all bonds, certificates of indebtedness, national bank currency, Federal Reserve notes, Federal Reserve bank notes, coupons, United States notes, Treasury notes, gold certificates, silver certificates, fractional notes, certificates of deposit, bills, checks, or drafts for money, drawn by or upon authorized officers of the United States, stamps and other representatives of value, of whatever denomination, issued under any Act of Congress, and canceled United States stamps.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCash View Post
    That answer from Don in GA is similar to what I've received. Most folks are clueless about lawful money. So thanks for speading the word!

If your question was not rhetorical, then yes, taking a Line 21 deduction/reduction for redeemed lawful money seems most appropriate and it's been working right along for us. It's where the IRS instructions indicate the "Foreign Earned Income Exclusion" is to be entered as a negative. And lawful money is certainly foreign to the private "United States" company. Oh doug, I couldn't help but notice this too: "You cannot exclude or deduct more than your foreign earned income for the year."
    https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/18...come#collapse3
    Which sounds to me like ... You cannot exclude or deduct more than your redeemed lawful money for the year.

I have 3 years proof that you can... maybe because I don't classify it as you do above.

Who says LMDs are "earned income" at all. ALL of those terms apply only to FRNs IMO.

I'm simply nervous about who knows which government agency that comes knocking that a simple defense of " O well I've been redeeming all my checks for lawful money" is going to have enough weight to send them walking. I'd like to kinda always be prepared . So for shit and giggles lets say what "paperwork, law wise" would you walk around with in your back pocket at all times to always be able to answer or rebut any questions, whenever??

Quote Originally Posted by shelbyz33 View Post
    I'm simply nervous about who knows which government agency that comes knocking that a simple defense of " O well I've been redeeming all my checks for lawful money" is going to have enough weight to send them walking. I'd like to kinda always be prepared . So for shit and giggles lets say what "paperwork, law wise" would you walk around with in your back pocket at all times to always be able to answer or rebut any questions, whenever??
    IMO, they need to rebut your evidence that is on record in their system collected in the normal course of banking transactions.

If everything is a matter of contract, do a conditional acceptance of any offer they make to you, Upon proof of claim that there is probable cause to believe:

Your instant offer to contract with you is conditionally accepted upon proof of claim that there is probable cause to believe:

1) that any transaction in any matter since mm/dd/yyyy was using FRNs, where mm/dd/yyyy is the date that the first demand for lawful money and full discharge for all transactions was recorded in a banking transaction that constitutes non-hearsay evidence of same;

2) that the demand for lawful money cannot be made in any manner, form and frequency as anyone desires, given that there is no CFR regulation for 12 USC 411 that governs the execution of same;

3) that the demand for lawful money is not required to comply with 12 USC 95a(2) in order to reduce the national debt;

4) that, absent the nexus of being in contract with the Federal Reserve System, there is any other contract in place granting you authority or my consent in this instant matter;

Perhaps, you could print the above items on a business card and keep that in your wallet...

IMO, the one making a claim bears the burden of proof, and would have to answer those questions.

Last edited by doug555; 01-23-15 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by doug555 View Post
    IMO, they need to rebut your evidence that is on record in their system collected in the normal course of banking

If everything is a matter of contract, do a conditional acceptance of any offer they make to you, upon proof of claim that:

1) there is probable cause to believe that any transaction in any matter since mm/dd/yyyy was using FRNs; [where mm/dd/yyyy is the date that your first demand for lawful for all transactions was recorded in a banking transaction]

2) there is probable cause to believe that the demand for lawful money cannot be made in any manner, form and frequency as anyone desires, given that there is no CFR regulation for 12 USC 411 that governs the execution of same;

3) there is probable cause to believe that the demand for lawful money is not required to comply with 12 USC 95a(2) in order to reduce the national debt.

IMO, the one making a claim bears the burden of proof.

Evidence meaning my photo copied checks?