Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: redeeming lawful money and 1099 questions

redeeming lawful money and 1099 questions

Newbie here. Have been reading A LOT in here and have started at the beginning of this year redeeming lawful money. I simply cash my checks at a local grocery store cause I loath banks and will never get an account ever again. So I started getting myself all set for years end., keeping all records etc; but then said to myself " How bout simply asking my employer if I could get paid off the books to completely not even have to deal with the irs in the end of the year". He said sure no problem. I'm like awesome! Finally get to keep all my money and be in complete control over my affairs and future savings for old age. So today he hands me a pc of paper saying I'm no longer an employee of the company, but will issue me at years end a 1099. My question is should I beg him not too, show him some laws and explain my views? Or simply not sweat it and still file ( not sure yet what document ) at the years end and state the LM was redeemed all year..

Thanks for allowing me to be part of the group. Have been studying over a year now a little bit of everything. ...

Quote Originally Posted by shelbyz33 View Post
    Newbie here. Have been reading A LOT in here and have started at the beginning of this year redeeming lawful money. I simply cash my checks at a local grocery store cause I loath banks and will never get an account ever again. So I started getting myself all set for years end., keeping all records etc; but then said to myself " How bout simply asking my employer if I could get paid off the books to completely not even have to deal with the irs in the end of the year". He said sure no problem. I'm like awesome! Finally get to keep all my money and be in complete control over my affairs and future savings for old age. So today he hands me a pc of paper saying I'm no longer an employee of the company, but will issue me at years end a 1099. My question is should I beg him not too, show him some laws and explain my views? Or simply not sweat it and still file ( not sure yet what document ) at the years end and state the LM was redeemed all year..

Thanks for allowing me to be part of the group. Have been studying over a year now a little bit of everything. ...

Welcome!

Your boss (no longer employer) will send that 1099 to the IRS likely and they will assess you about it. So you might be filing a 1040 anyway in 2016 just to make your demand for lawful money clear.

Typically I do not encourage involving the boss/employer at all. Especially when you can make your demand by Notice to the bank instead. In your case you might just keep careful record of your non-endorsement/demand on the checks you cash when you buy groceries on payday.

Now that you are a contractor though, I cannot help but feel that you have lost some of the benefits and job security you had, when if done properly you get the withholdings refunded anyway.

That's what I figured , keep all my money all year and then at years end still file a 1040, stating all money was redeemed in lawful money and praying that it is excepted and I get back a "have a nice day" letter, lol.

Make my notice to what bank? I have no account.

I photo copy all my checks front and back.

Don't care for the benefits, I have been buying precious metals for my retirement, and job security is not an issue.

I'm just sick of paying $12,000 a year in taxes in hopes of getting $3,000 back just to pay my property taxes. I'd rather be in complete control of all my earnings now and in the end again just let them know lawful money has been redeemed. And with more reading now about the difference between independent contractor and employee, I'm starting to get nervous reading about all the BS involved with it....

Should this post get moved over into the normal forums? I was just happy being able to post so I think i put it in the wrong venue? Thank you mr. Merrill by the way.

Yes, that would be nice. I will leave this alone here and everybody please respond to Shelby's new thread.

That's what I figured , keep all my money all year and then at years end still file a 1040, stating all money was redeemed in lawful money and praying that it is excepted and I get back a "have a nice day" letter, lol.
    Make my notice to what bank? I have no account.
    Notice and Demand to the nearest Federal Reserve bank then? If you take your non-endorsed paycheck to your boss's bank or the supermarket, notice to that receiving bank is given on the backside of your paycheck.

I photo copy all my checks front and back.
    Good. The Lesson Plan is:

1) True Identity
    2) Record Forming
    3) Redeeming Lawful Money

Don't care for the benefits, I have been buying precious metals for my retirement, and job security is not an issue.
    That is something on my mind lately. The morning after the next Bankers' Holiday the price of gold is going to be $42.22/troy ounce according to asset reports and Amendments to the Bretton Woods Agreements. Rather than print up new bills this means that the bills in our wallets will be greatly discounted in value. The supermarket will likely take Spot from before the Holiday, divide that by $42.22 and just multiply the total at the cash register by that factor. Anybody investing in gold by contract will be out by that ratio too. People who are holding the actual metal will be all right; like nothing happened.

- None of my business but my guess is you are skilled in the medical field. I am pleased my concerns were unwarranted. Confidence goes a long way in metaphysics.

I'm just sick of paying $12,000 a year in taxes in hopes of getting $3,000 back just to pay my property taxes. I'd rather be in complete control of all my earnings now and in the end again just let them know lawful money has been redeemed. And with more reading now about the difference between independent contractor and employee, I'm starting to get nervous reading about all the BS involved with it....
    There is a way to use your Demand on the W-4 by checking the box that you do not anticipate owing any income tax. I don't know how long payroll/personnel is willing to make these adjustments for you but you sound needed, essential personnel.

Is there a simple 1 page sample of "notice and demand " on these forums to send to my ex employers bank?

And since I'm now classified as a independent contractor , I do not have a W-4 anymore I'm assuming.

The one thing I plan on doing also to help myself out is revising my SS card to reflect non- resident alien , non-taxpayer status. Basically correcting my citizenship on top of the redemption process. Any thoughts on that?

Is there a simple 1 page sample of "notice and demand " on these forums to send to my ex employers bank?

And since I'm now classified as a independent contractor , I do not have a W-4 anymore I'm assuming.

The one thing I plan on doing also to help myself out is revising my SS card to reflect non- resident alien , non-taxpayer status. Basically correcting my citizenship on top of the redemption process. Any thoughts on that?
    Shelby, so you do not get slammed or bludgeoned or otherwise thrown in jail, PLEASE review the following regarding your TRUE status - (underline/emphasis below, by me):

Definition of Resident Alien
    Resident aliens generally are taxed on their worldwide income, similar to U.S. citizens. To be classified as a resident alien, the individual must meet one of two tests:

1. Green Card Test
    A resident alien is a lawful permanent resident of the U.S. at any time if they have been given the privilege, according to the immigration laws, of residing permanently as an immigrant. You generally have this status if the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) (or its predecessor organization) has issued you an alien registration card, also known as a “green card.”

2. Substantial Presence Test
    A non-resident alien is classified as a resident alien for tax purposes if they were physically present in the U.S. for 31 days during the current year and 183 days during a three-year period that includes the current year and the two years immediately before that.
    Information on the test is available at http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p519.pdf

Definition of Non-resident Alien

If a person does not meet either the Green Card or Substantial Presence Test, then that person is classified as a non-resident alien.
    A new arrival on a J-1 or F-1 visa is generally a non-resident alien.
    Generally, students (F-1 or J-1 visa status) will not meet the substantial presence test until they have been in the USA for 5 calendar years and visiting teachers/researchers (J-1 visa status) will not meet the substantial presence test until they have been in the USA for 2 calendar years.
    Last edited by itsmymoney; 02-01-15 at 06:26 AM.

I am aware of that. Sending in a DS-82 this week to try and correct my status there as being an American national / non-resident alien

JohnnyCash
    Wouldn't a DNA test reveal how much alien?