Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Get Your Billions Back, America: 2014

Banned
    Maybe the clerk won't issue summons and garnishment for fear of being charged with contumacy. And tried for unmasonic conduct.

That makes me wonder.

I found some research about George WASHINGTON and his oath. He added impromptu "So help me God."

As I better understand history, the meaning I put behind this utterance changes.

Quote Originally Posted by ag maniac View Post
    Interestingly enough, I just received the refund check for TY2016 last week.......4 months after paper filing a LM return.

The TY2015 refund is still nowhere to be seen.....no IRS letters, nothing.....just a fone convo 5/2016 threatening burial by FF notices and "you're refund is frozen".

And the TY2014 refund was timely.

Me thinks with their inconsistencies among us, they're shaking a tree seeing what fruit may drop.

After these many years, still chasing down the 2015 refund due & VOILA !! --> just got off the phone w/ an examiner who informed me a check WITH INTEREST [ about 1500 I reckon ] would be sent out Friday 3/20....will be avidly checking the mailbox next week......always nice to get a TREASURY CHEQUE in the mail

Quote Originally Posted by ag maniac View Post
    After these many years, still chasing down the 2015 refund due & VOILA !! --> just got off the phone w/ an examiner who informed me a check WITH INTEREST [ about 1500 I reckon ] would be sent out Friday 3/20....will be avidly checking the mailbox next week......always nice to get a TREASURY CHEQUE in the mail
    That always gets me chuckling! Thanks for the report Ag.

Banned
    Received muh refund check ... TY2019 lawful money tax filing ... WITH INTEREST.

Name:  93420.jpg
Views: 836
Size:  70.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by lorne View Post
    Received muh refund check ... TY2019 lawful money tax filing ... WITH INTEREST.

Name:  93420.jpg
Views: 836
Size:  70.7 KB

Congrats Lorne !!!

Reminder that 2021 lawful money tax returns are due today, April 18, 2022. Unless you're a mason. They mark time differently.

https://www.masonicworld.com/educati...iccalender.htm

This year's Dirty Dozen list is out...
    https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-war...scams-for-2022

Strangely it's only four items long.

Quote Originally Posted by marcel View Post
    This year's Dirty Dozen list is out...
    https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-war...scams-for-2022

Strangely it's only four items long.
    Thank you Marcel!

There's a dozen spread across six links https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/dirty-dozen

Here you go:

1. Use of Charitable Remainder Annuity Trust (CRAT) to Eliminate Taxable Gain. In this transaction, appreciated property is transferred to a CRAT. Taxpayers improperly claim the transfer of the appreciated assets to the CRAT in and of itself...

2. Maltese Pension Arrangements Misusing Treaty. In these transactions, U.S. citizens or U.S. residents attempt to avoid U.S. tax by making contributions to certain foreign individual retirement arrangements in Malta (or possibly other foreign countries). In these transactions, the individual typically lacks a local connection...

3. Puerto Rican Captive Insurance. In these transactions, U.S owners of closely held entities participate in a purported insurance arrangement with a Puerto Rican or other foreign corporation with cell arrangements or segregated asset plans in which the U.S. owner has a financial interest.

4. Monetized Installment Sales. These transactions involve the inappropriate use of the installment sale rules under section 453 by a seller who, in the year of a sale of property, effectively receives the sales proceeds through purported loans. In a typical transaction, the seller...

5. PANDEMIC RELATED
    Economic Impact Payment and tax refund scams:
    Identity thieves who try to use Economic Impact Payments (EIPs), also known as stimulus payments, are a continuing threat to individuals. Similar to tax refund scams, taxpayers should watch out for these tell-tale signs of

Unemployment fraud leading to inaccurate taxpayer 1099-Gs: Because of the pandemic, many taxpayers lost their jobs and received unemployment compensation from their state. However, scammers also took advantage of the pandemic by filing fraudulent claims for...

Fake employment offers posted on social media: There have been many reports of fake job postings on social media. The pandemic created many newly unemployed people eager to seek new employment. These fake posts entice their victims to provide their personal financial info...

Fake charities that steal your money: Bogus charities are always a problem. They tend to be a bigger threat when there is a national crisis like the pandemic.
    Taxpayers who give money or goods to a charity may be able to claim a deduction on their federal tax return. Taxpayers must donate to a qualified charity to get a deduction, not the beggar at the street corner with a cardboard sign.

6. UNSCRUPULOUS TAX COMPANIES
    Ghost preparers:
    Although most tax preparers are ethical and trustworthy, taxpayers should be wary of preparers who won't sign the tax returns they prepare, often referred to as ghost preparers. For e-filed returns, the "ghost" will prepare the return, but refuse to digitally sign as the paid preparer.

Inflated refunds: Not signing a return is a red flag that the paid preparer may be looking to make a quick profit by promising a big refund or charging fees based on the size of the refund.

7. SUSPICIOUS COMMUNICATIONS
    Text message scams:
    These scams are sent to taxpayers' smartphones and can reference things like COVID-19 and/or "stimulus payments." These messages often contain bogus links claiming to be IRS websites...
    Email phishing scams: The IRS does not initiate contact with taxpayers by email to request personal or financial information. The IRS initiates most contacts through regular mail...
    Phone scams: The IRS does not leave pre-recorded, urgent or threatening messages. In many variations of the phone scam, victims are told if they do not call back, a warrant will be issued for their arrest. Other verbal threats include law-enforcement agency intervention...

8. SPEAR PHISHING is an email scam that attempts to steal a tax professional's software preparation credentials. These thieves try to steal client data and tax preparers' identities in an attempt to file fraudulent tax returns for refunds.

9. Concealing Assets in Offshore Accounts and Improper Reporting of Digital Assets: The IRS remains focused on stopping tax avoidance by those who hide assets in offshore accounts and in accounts holding cryptocurrency or other digital assets.

10. High-income individuals who don't file tax returns: The IRS continues to focus on people who choose to ignore the law and not file a tax return, especially those individuals earning more than $100,000 a year.

11. Abusive Syndicated Conservation Easements: In syndicated conservation easements, promoters take a provision of the tax law allowing for conservation easements and twist it by using inflated appraisals of undeveloped land (or, for a few specialized ones, the facades of historic buildings), and by using partnership arrangements devoid of a ...

12. Abusive Micro-Captive Insurance Arrangements: In abusive "micro-captive" structures, promoters, accountants, or wealth planners persuade owners of closely held entities to participate in schemes that lack many of the attributes of insurance.

13. Lawful money redemption: A growing number of Americans believe they can simply redeem their income into "lawful money" - as allowed by The Federal Reserve Act - and therefore have no taxable income. This redeemed lawful money would thus be considered US notes in the form of FRNs, or, public money. As opposed to the private credit of the Federal Reserve whose use carries the excise tax more commonly known as the "federal income tax." As more people opt-out, this could be considered abusive to the bank and the fund, who rely on your money, as well as making the entire tax code of Title 26 ... wait. Hang on...
    Last edited by marcel; 06-23-22 at 03:23 AM.