Thread: Get Your Billions Back, America: 2014

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Very good input. However, having studied tax law (in international scope) quite thoroughly, there are two very fundamental principals worth nothing:

1. Principal/trees = not taxed
    2. Interest/fruit = taxed.

If they are measuring taxable income from the Federal, then he should find Oregon Department of Revenue arriving at the same amount of taxable income.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

Allodial,
    While I did not use that analogy, my response to Alex circled to that fact several times. How can Oregon come up with one set of numbers while IRS comes up with another. Oregon laws states that Oregon tax is based on adjusted gross income as determined on 1040 Line 4.In fact it is the very first item entered on Oregon Form 40. It is the taxable income that is the measure to determin the amount of Oregon tax. SO truly Oregon is not taxing the income but measuring the use of something based on income. We'll see how he responds.

There are some interesting discussions on the lawfulmoneytrust.com site. There are a few folks getting "Frivolous Position" letters from IRS and State agency.

The absurd thing is, in order to rectify the Oregon tax, the only thing to do is to repudiate my 1040 as submitted to IRS and has to my judgement been found to be accurate and refund processed. Or I can lie about the amount I put in Line 8 of OR Form 40 to make make the numbers come out as if Oregon was not based on Federal. Even though Alex states that even if there is no Federal Liability a State Liability can exist. I can't see this based on how the form is laid out.