Thread: The Fall of Orthodox England: The Spiritual Roots of the Norman Conquest, 1043-1087

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have considered the notion that when you write the date on, say, a love letter, you sign the love letter, you are placing the body of the letter under the collection of events symbolized by say "June 6, 2014". As in the date itself represents all events, happenings, transactions of the time period specified.

Quote Originally Posted by george View Post
    "what is your birthdate?"
    You ever look at ID or a passport or the like and notice how it might say "Date of Birth" but it doesn't necessarily say date of birth of WHAT or WHO? I mean if you really look at it it doesnt say "Date of birth of the person who was photographed for this document". It just says "DATE OF BIRTH" or the like. I've seen cops point at an ID card and ask "Is this you?" A question wide open to interpretation. I have seen someone answer something like "How can that be? I'm over here."
    Last edited by allodial; 02-05-15 at 09:46 AM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.