Thread: indorsement vs endorsement?

indorsement vs endorsement?

hi everyone,

I was listening to Angela's last call (see myprivateaudio.com) and towards the end Dallas brought something new to my attention.

what is the difference between these two words and if any which is the correct one to use for signing checks?

I did a brief search here first so if I mis post please point in the right direction.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by george View Post
    hi everyone,

I was listening to Angela's last call (see myprivateaudio.com) and towards the end Dallas brought something new to my attention.

what is the difference between these two words and if any which is the correct one to use for signing checks?

I did a brief search here first so if I mis post please point in the right direction.

thanks
    Only difference is spelling.
    I suspect the former is the British spelling while the latter is the American.

Quote Originally Posted by shikamaru View Post
    Only difference is spelling.
    I suspect the former is the British spelling while the latter is the American.
    you might want to check into what Dallas presented on Angela's call about the BAR card requirements changing in 1939 (I think he said '39)

from there I discovered an easy way to comprehend these two words.

"I dont endorse my wifes spending habits but I do indorse the checks to pay for it."

Ive also seen it used in a way to suggest it interchangeable but now I can spot that trap.

Quote Originally Posted by george View Post
    you might want to check into what Dallas presented on Angela's call about the BAR card requirements changing in 1939 (I think he said '39)

from there I discovered an easy way to comprehend these two words.

"I dont endorse my wifes spending habits but I do indorse the checks to pay for it."

Ive also seen it used in a way to suggest it interchangeable but now I can spot that trap.
    Well... IF there is a difference, you should be able to produce that difference via 'Words and Phrases', statutory construction and interpretation, legal dictionary, or some other sources. Yes?

It will be written somewhere what the difference is IF there is one.

JohnnyCash
    I checked 'Words & Phrases' http://www.lockeanliberty.org/words-phrases/
    and it's not there.
    This debate is a red herring.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCash View Post
    I checked 'Words & Phrases' http://www.lockeanliberty.org/words-phrases/
    and it's not there.
    This debate is a red herring.
    Try Google Books.
    You'll find the spelling of both in various treatises.

Indorse is the British spelling. Endorse is American.

Also, 'Words and Phrases' is a multi-set tomb of books. You would have to go a law library to actually consume it.
    Last edited by shikamaru; 02-08-15 at 05:48 PM.

JohnnyCash
    How would you know?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCash View Post
    How would you know?
    Personal experience by way of visiting the local law library.

JohnnyCash

BaNK RuN !

Quote Originally Posted by shikamaru View Post
    You would have to go a law library to actually consume it.
    When I want to consume ... I yell BANK RUN! and we all jump in the Smart car and head to the drive-thru. May treats us well.

Attachment 2254

JohnnyCash
    McDonald’s Stock Tumbles As Consumers Turn To Food

"The impossible is happening: McDonald’s is quickly diving out of its stable stock position and into a world of financial hurt as citizens of the United States and elsewhere have decided they are completely done with the company’s frankenfoods."

http://naturalsociety.com/mcdonalds-...ect-fake-food/
    Last edited by JohnnyCash; 02-12-15 at 05:18 AM.