Thread: How Municipalities In St. Louis Profit from Poverty

How Municipalities In St. Louis Profit from Poverty

How municipalities in St. Louis County, Mo., profit from poverty

If you were tasked with designing a regional system of government guaranteed to produce racial conflict, anger, and resentment, you’d be hard pressed to do better than St. Louis County. (from the article)
    Name:  profiteeringfrompoverty.png
Views: 203
Size:  130.9 KB
    [More/source]

Its a lengthy article but quite insightful.
    Last edited by allodial; 02-08-15 at 02:50 AM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

Someone needs to instruct those souls on Administrative, Civil, and Criminal law procedure.

Commercial law study wouldn't hurt either to round out the bases.

I saw this yesterday: http://www.wsj.com/articles/lawsuit-...nes-1423502968

These municipalities are being sued for "jailing people solely for the inability to pay fines and fees on offenses like traffic tickets and other minor offenses." This is being done by "lawyers from Equal Justice Under Law and ArchCity Defenders, two advocacy groups that often provide pro bono legal assistance with a mission to assist indigent clients."

I find this interesting because I have ended traffic tickets with a mere answer only (about 4 pages). Part of that challenge is subject matter jurisdiction, which of course, can be challenged at any time, even years after the fact. Why is a team of lawyers suing in federal court? Are they not taught the law in school? Lawyers are educated with what they are wanted to know. I wonder if a federal court will even hear a case that can be dealt with so easily within the state court.

Could not read the article pumpkin unless I "registered" for an account (LOL) but here is one you don't have to register at, http://wwno.org/post/civil-rights-at...ebtors-prisons
    "And if I could I surely would Stand on the rock that Moses stood"

Thanks Chex. That article was not that way when I copied and pasted the two sentences from it earlier. Must be getting a fair amount of attention, at least enough to exploit.