In Canada, as most likely around the world, if you open up a checking or savings account the banks use a little trick that most people are unaware. They use ALL CAPS in their computer programs,they are unable to use lower caps in their banking program.

I will tell how I found out.
I was going to a banking institution here in my home town, as I needed to open a new "Direct Deposit" account ,so that my new employer could deposit my pay checks directly...pretty simple, however I asked him to input my name as "john adam: of the family doe, all in lower case letters into his system, he tried several times and he said I'm sorry but the banks program will not let me input your name in lower case ,so I'll have to use upper case. I said im sorry but I can not allow you to do that ,and he asked why, I gave him the condensed version of the All Caps name and what it truly means in commerce. (for those of you who dont know I will be happy to explain in another thread.) ,and he had a thousand yard stare after my 20 minute explanation, then he said hmmm maybe I should get my Manager, and I agreed.
After about 10 minutes the Loan officer and the Bank Manager returned and I again asked if he could input my name in lower case as i politely requested of the young L.O. the bank manager said I'm sorry but you will have to leave the premises, being surprised I asked ,what is the problem, and the bank manger replied, im sorry sir I feel as the bank manager I will not require your business I would like you to leave immediately. he would not give the slightest reason as to why i was being dismissed, he gestured to the door ,and I said ...Sir are you in the habit of removing paying customers from your bank when trying to open a legitimate checking account? He replied with much impatiences... Sir either leave the building immediately of I will have use removed by the police. I complied of course.

I was a little miffed at my treatment so being the pig headed ,Never say No to me "A" type personality that I am I did some Gum Shoe investigating.
and found that The reason the banks use All caps in their Computer applications as that when they spit out the Contract they will present the 1st part of the contract where your name is spelled in caps, as to render you a Corporation, and in "applying for a new account" you are begging them, as the Bank can only deal with another Corporation, they can not deal with a Free will Sentient Man /Woman so the portion you sign will be in Caps. Now here,s the second trick they will use ,and the uneducated will be none the wiser, the loan officer will then get up after you have signed what you THINK is the full contract, and leave the office ,only to return with another 5 to 10 extra pages that he then says " oh this makes up the rest of our agreement".
99.9 % of people will say , oh, OK , NOT knowing that the bank has just committed FRAUD! in that sneaking those extra pages, makes up their terms and conditions, and in they adding those extra's is "Non Disclosure which renders this new application/ contract NULL and VOID...

Any Questions?

X