Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Remedy - lawful money solution

Been continuing to convert FED NOTES to U.S Coin. Recently exchanged for $4,000 worth of coins. Got 4 cases of Halves and 2 bags of IKES(about 200 pounds). Note: went to a bank to "coin" a check at which it was drawn, teller proceeded to pay in notes, I told wanted payed in coins, I wanted dollar coins, shes like 'I' only got 30$ in those and asked if it was ok. I responded NO, 'she' told me that it would have to take a week for 'her' to get more of them. I'm "So your telling me 'this bank' has no dollar coins?" and im can you find me which branch can handle my request, shes "Hold on a moment" she walks two teller windows down and then comes back and says that the other teller can handle my entire request, and I walked out with what I wanted.
    Last edited by NONOFED; 04-03-15 at 01:09 AM.

As though each teller is a separate bank?

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    As though each teller is a separate bank?
    Con artists, they all play this game referring to themselves, seen it enough to be wise of it. They use "I" and "I'M", all of them do it, this is done on purpose, not like when I say something or Im referring to as myself. Its some designation for limitation they use on purpose. Then I started referring to the "bank" instead. Press them enough and they always come up with it some how. Its like policy to play me when dealing coin.
    Last edited by NONOFED; 04-03-15 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NONOFED View Post
    Been continuing to convert FED NOTES to U.S Coin. Recently exchanged for $4,000 worth of coins. Got 4 cases of Halves and 2 bags of IKES(about 200 pounds). Note: went to a bank to "coin" a check at which it was drawn, teller proceeded to pay in notes, I told wanted payed in coins, I wanted dollar coins, shes like 'I' only got 30$ in those and asked if it was ok. I responded NO, 'she' told me that it would have to take a week for 'her' to get more of them. I'm "So your telling me 'this bank' has no dollar coins?" and im can you find me which branch can handle my request, shes "Hold on a moment" she walks two teller windows down and then comes back and says that the other teller can handle my entire request, and I walked out with what I wanted.

Find any 40% [halves] or 90% in that cache [/pun] ?? ....there's a community available for that [ad]venture

Quote Originally Posted by ag maniac View Post
    Find any 40% [halves] or 90% in that cache [/pun] ?? ....there's a community available for that [ad]venture
    Didn't entirely go through it, looks clean mostly, found a 90% ike though.

I am not aware any 90% Ikes were ever struck by the San Fran mint --> 40% definitely

See here and here.

Nonetheless, you might need a bit of help tidying up all those loose large coins, so here's a link to the proper sized wrappers.

Happy silver hunting & lets us know how it goes spending them back into circulation.

As an aside, when receiving change, ask for it in nickels....there's usually plenty in the merchants cash drawers. The metal composition value recently dipped below face value of the nickel, but was as high as 9.5 cents a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ag maniac View Post
    I am not aware any 90% Ikes were ever struck by the San Fran mint --> 40% definitely

See here and here.

Nonetheless, you might need a bit of help tidying up all those loose large coins, so here's a link to the proper sized wrappers.

Happy silver hunting & lets us know how it goes spending them back into circulation.

As an aside, when receiving change, ask for it in nickels....there's usually plenty in the merchants cash drawers. The metal composition value recently dipped below face value of the nickel, but was as high as 9.5 cents a few years ago.
    It seems odd, there is no mint mark on it and its not a blue or a brown its a 71' and looks like a regular ike(front and back) but i'm told its definitely silver. Placed order for wrappers on Ebay choose closest possible seller but its been almost 3 weeks, had to open case, bad choice i guess.

Been using coin to pay for everything for about two months now with no issues. Dont keep anything in the bank, my savings is in coins, and in my possession. Not going to pursue Presidentials, Susan's or Sacajawea's since I come to realize im just getting cheated on metal content but would still prefer to FED notes any day which can stay with the bank. If I owe banks money, I give them whatever fed notes I have and try to limit giving them coin. Whereas if im dealing with a bank(checks, incoming funds) I only extract coin from a it. Interesting that dimes, quarters, halves and IKEs are about equal weight to dollar amount. The smaller dollar coins are a rip off though.
    Last edited by NONOFED; 04-05-15 at 04:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NONOFED View Post
    It seems odd, there is no mint mark on it and its not a blue or a brown its a 71' and looks like a regular ike(front and back) but i'm told its definitely silver. Placed order for wrappers on Ebay choose closest possible seller but its been almost 3 weeks, had to open case, bad choice i guess.

Been using coin to pay for everything for about two months now with no issues. Dont keep anything in the bank, my savings is in coins, and in my possession. Not going to pursue Presidentials, Susan's or Sacajawea's since I come to realize im just getting cheated on metal content but would still prefer to FED notes any day which can stay with the bank. If I owe banks money, I give them whatever fed notes I have and try to limit giving them coin. Whereas if im dealing with a bank(checks, incoming funds) I only extract coin from a it. Interesting that dimes, quarters, halves and IKEs are about equal weight to dollar amount. The smaller dollar coins are a rip off though.
    Coin is coin in my view. Ike's can be hard to get and I'll take golden's or SBA's in place of Ikes. The whole idea of this is to get dollars issued directly from the treasury(mint) and NOT a bank(fed). The best bang for your buck in metal content is the nickle, Cu pennies are actually better but require a lot of sorting and returns. Whereas all the nickles are the same except the silver ones. http://www.coinflation.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Coin is coin in my view. Ike's can be hard to get and I'll take golden's or SBA's in place of Ikes. The whole idea of this is to get dollars issued directly from the treasury(mint) and NOT a bank(fed). The best bang for your buck in metal content is the nickle, Cu pennies are actually better but require a lot of sorting and returns. Whereas all the nickles are the same except the silver ones. http://www.coinflation.com/
    It's weird, sort of irritating, whenever I go & convert a 20 FRN for 10 rolls of nickels, they, (tellers) always
    ask me what I want them for? And, I often struggle and have "bite my tongue" before
    I inappropriately chastise, "What business is it of yours...?"
    So, my more reasonable reply, is typically made with eyebrows raised, "Why do you ask?"

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Allan View Post
    It's weird, sort of irritating, whenever I go & convert a 20 FRN for 10 rolls of nickels, they, (tellers) always
    ask me what I want them for? And, I often struggle and have "bite my tongue" before
    I inappropriately chastise, "What business is it of yours...?"
    So, my more reasonable reply, is typically made with eyebrows raised, "Why do you ask?"
    A very genteel reply.....ball's in their court now !!

Last edited by ag maniac; 04-08-15 at 02:11 PM.