Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Exactly what does the IRS agent think?

After a while it becomes second nature to create a record. Keep your health.

The Quatludes just don't do it for me anymore. I got some pearls there, because of the high attorney posts, but they just grew so far and few between...

Frivolous Tax Memorandum 2016

BUMPING - for the latest and greatest!!! A suitor just emailed an article to me...

TREASURY INSPECTOR GENERAL FOR TAX ADMINISTRATION

Office of Audit

Actions Are Needed to Better Identify and Address Individuals Who File Tax Returns Using Frivolous Arguments
    Final Report Issued on August 31, 2016

Highlights

Highlights of Reference Number: 2016-40-069 to the Internal Revenue Service Commissioner for the Wage and Investment Division.

IMPACT ON TAXPAYERS

Individuals or businesses who oppose the Federal tax laws may use a frivolous tax argument to enrich themselves or evade paying tax. Generally, a frivolous tax argument is based on a frivolous or incorrect interpretation of the Federal tax laws. Individuals and businesses use these incorrect interpretations to support their claims that they are not subject to Federal tax laws.

WHY TIGTA DID THE AUDIT

To date the IRS has identified 50 frivolous tax arguments used by taxpayers. During Fiscal Years 2012 through 2014, the IRS identified 36,648 frivolous tax returns in which the taxpayer used one or more of the 50 identified frivolous arguments. TIGTA performed this audit to assess the IRS’s efforts to identify and prevent the avoidance of individual income tax based on frivolous tax arguments.
    WHAT TIGTA FOUND

Potentially erroneous refunds were paid as a result of undetected or insufficiently addressed frivolous tax return claims. Specifically, IRS processes and procedures do not ensure that all tax returns claiming a potentially frivolous tax argument are identified. As a result, the IRS paid more than $27.2 million in potentially erroneous refunds or tax credits to 1,938 taxpayers who claimed one or more frivolous tax arguments in Tax Year 2014. The IRS can assess a $5,000 frivolous penalty for each of the 1,938 returns for which a valid return is not provided by the taxpayer. IRS management informed us that the Frivolous Return Program (FRP) filters have been modified to ensure that returns with the same characteristics as those 1,938 confirmed as frivolous will be identified and referred to the FRP for additional frivolous filer review.

In addition, TIGTA identified that employees are not adequately trained to identify tax returns claiming frivolous tax return arguments. For example, 40 of the 50 frivolous arguments are identified as a result of an IRS employee’s manual review of paper-filed tax returns or correspondence. The IRS informed us that prior to Calendar Year 2013 annual FRP training was provided to its employees responsible for reviewing tax returns and correspondence. The IRS has developed two online frivolous return training courses. However, employees working in those units most likely to identify frivolous returns and correspondence are not required to take the training courses.

Finally, the FRP Correspondence Unit employees incorrectly identified for destruction correspondence containing potentially frivolous arguments. Our review of the 155 pieces of correspondence found that 11 (7 percent) pieces of correspondence should have been worked as frivolous correspondence but were incorrectly identified for destruction.
    WHAT TIGTA RECOMMENDED

TIGTA recommended that the IRS ensure that the annual evaluation of the FRP filter criteria includes the identification and assessment of all original and amended tax returns, regardless of dollar tolerance, that meet the filter criteria and ensure that appropriate action is taken to address the 1,938 tax returns the IRS confirmed as being frivolous. In addition, the IRS should correct computer programming errors and ensure that all employees receive annual training on the processes for identifying potentially frivolous tax returns.

IRS management agreed with all of TIGTA’s recommendations.
    READ THE FULL REPORT

To view the report, including the scope, methodology, and full IRS response, go to:
    http://www.treasury.gov/tigta/auditr...01640069fr.pdf.

Let's see how they "legally" integrate redeeming lawful money, shall we?

P.S. Wow! I just looked through quickly for "lawful", "money", "411" and "redeem..." - NOTHING! Amazing! They still have the ZERO INCOME Return item but no new details. Please get back to us after you give it a thorough reading through.
    Last edited by David Merrill; 10-12-16 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    BUMPING - for the latest and greatest!!! A suitor just emailed an article to me...

Let's see how they "legally" integrate redeeming lawful money, shall we?

P.S. Wow! I just looked through quickly for "lawful", "money", "411" and "redeem..." - NOTHING! Amazing! They still have the ZERO INCOME Return item but no new details. Please get back to us after you give it a thorough reading through.
    I just searched within the PDF itself with 2 different PDF Readers... and NO HITS!

See Thread #161 for a good example of a 1040 LM Return and Refund using "TaxAct" program.

Banned
    It's argument #51. Surprised you missed it.

Redeemed Lawful Money Is Not Taxable

The individual argues that his or her income can be non taxable because they were paid in U.S. notes (lawful money). NOTE: This is true. However this is generally unknown and omitted from the IRS frivolous list. Please don't tell the public as they might discover they've been victims of an elaborate scam.

You had me going...

Quote Originally Posted by lorne View Post
    It's argument #51. Surprised you missed it.

Redeemed Lawful Money Is Not Taxable

The individual argues that his or her income can be non taxable because they were paid in U.S. notes (lawful money). NOTE: This is true. However this is generally unknown and omitted from the IRS frivolous list. Please don't tell the public as they might discover they've been victims of an elaborate scam.

Hi Lorne;

Nice spoof! The Arguments stop at #50. I am probably the only fellow to feel a panic attack coming on... Maybe I should have a nap?

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    Hi Lorne;

Nice spoof! The Arguments stop at #50. I am probably the only fellow to feel a panic attack coming on... Maybe I should have a nap?
    Nope... he got me too David!!!

But, actually, IMO, that exact statement and position would truly be a frivolous one... BECAUSE all transactions are initially paid in FRNs, the default currency in the USA.

USNs only appear AFTER the 12 USC 411 demand is applied by the Trustees when they are given opportunity to REDEEM their associated FRNs "dollar for dollar" in accord with the HJR 192 Resolution Trust established by the Intent of Congress on June 5, 1933.

FRNs are "redeemed", NOT "precluded" upon demand!

Banned
    Sorry about the panic. The omission is really a Wow! thing. I mean folks have been redeeming lawful money for what? about 10 years now publicly, using it to avoid income taxes and the IRS has never addressed it. There's NOTHING in the frivolous list. This is great news!

If this was a crazy patriot nutjob theory, the IRS would have included it by now in their Friv List. It's easy; I just wrote it for them as Argument 51. The fact it's missing reveals the argument is NOT frivolous. It's the truth.

Over at Lost Horizons we had a Glaring Omission thread about just this topic. It grew to be the longest thread in the history of the forum.

I felt a twinge of anxiety until about halfway down the post. No big thing. I enjoyed it.

I'm wondering about this financial institution AMSCOT dba FRB will not accept there own [properly endorsed] money order...?

I tried to inform the gentlemen any one of the people have right to their own endorsement....

As Michael Joseph emphasises that it is transaction based...

Anyhow, I've been looking for the [Colorado issued] reproduction of 12 usc 411...I can't seem to remember the thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Thomas View Post
    Anyhow, I've been looking for the [Colorado issued] reproduction of 12 usc 411...I can't seem to remember the thread...

I believe that you might be speaking of the page from the US Code that a suitor published at the El Paso county Clerk and Recorder.

Interestingly the failure to properly cure the land into a Territory in 1861 equates to the US stealing the Territory - as the War Chest I have been referring to. Territorial Governor GILPIN issued the first notes to fund paying Union soldiers in Colorado. So you might be on to something by insisting on this particular rendition.
    Attached Images Attached Images