Thread: King v. Burwell u.s. supreme court no. 14-114

King v. Burwell u.s. supreme court no. 14-114

Terry Donald, a self-employed junk hauler who lives in St. Petersburg, Florida, didn’t fully appreciate the value of his health insurance until last spring. That's when he sliced his arm open on a broken mirror and had to rush to the ER for stitches. Then on Labor Day, he tripped in the yard and cut his leg. At first it didn’t seem bad, but after about 10 days, the wound began to look infected. He had to get surgery for what turned out to be a severe staph infection. After a long hospital stay, he couldn’t work for a month. Meanwhile, his wife kept filling her regular prescriptions for a thyroid condition.

Some supporters of Obamacare have argued that those “four words” are just a technicality—the government has called it “a term of art”—and that the case is a frivolous one.

Others maintain that it’s a good case rooted in a solid question. That’s why it’s being heard in the highest court in the land, after all.

And not everyone who receives the subsidies supports the law.

Some people feel their share of the premiums are a financial burden, and others prefer not to have to carry health insurance at all. http://news.yahoo.com/end-obamacare-...-politics.html
    "And if I could I surely would Stand on the rock that Moses stood"

The section of the ACA (section 1401) that is relevant to this issue does not contain "typos".

It is not unclear or vague in what it says. There is no question about what the words in

Section 1401 mean because those words include these words "as established in Section 1311".

Section 1311 calls for the creation and operation of health insurance exchanges by each state.

Section 1321(c)`allows for the federal government to establish an exchange if the state fails to do so.

Section1401 makes no mention of federal exchanges or Section 1321(c).

It is clearly obvious that the authors of the ACA tried to use the threat of not being eligible for federal subsidies to scare/force the states to set up their own exchanges.

Now that their attempted extortion did not work in a majority of the states they want everyone to ignore what they actually wrote. To claim otherwise is a blatant lie.

This is a simple case of judicial expansion. The judiciary cannot expand upon the definitions and words of the statutes passed by the legislature. I have yet heard of any case brought by 'one of the people' against the ACA. Government placing a tax upon medical equipment is an act directly against the right to life and the quality of it. Government fucks up everything it touches, and the people had better get them OUT of health care. The 'deduction' is a trap anyway. There should be no 'deductions' as their should be no income tax upon the people of the several states.

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkin View Post
    This is a simple case of judicial expansion. The judiciary cannot expand upon the definitions and words of the statutes passed by the legislature. I have yet heard of any case brought by 'one of the people' against the ACA. Government placing a tax upon medical equipment is an act directly against the right to life and the quality of it. Government fucks up everything it touches, and the people had better get them OUT of health care. The 'deduction' is a trap anyway. There should be no 'deductions' as their should be no income tax upon the people of the several states.
    "My Sentiments Exactly"

When government is in business to compete with the citizenry and private persons and when banks are spy operations, no surprise? Welcome to the United American Soviet Union? Union as in public service workers' unions out to hold countries hostage under Debtor-Creditor law?
    Last edited by allodial; 03-07-15 at 10:22 PM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

But if Democrats don’t find a way to address the public distaste, Obamacare will stay vulnerable to the next ploy that comes along to undercut it. The disapproval fuels not just the court challenges but also the obstructionism of Republican executives and lawmakers that makes those challenges so potent. After all, if every state were willing to establish its own exchange, the court's ruling on King v. Burwell would be moot. http://www.bloombergview.com/article...are?cmpid=yhoo