Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Allah? The Moon God?

Quote Originally Posted by allodial View Post
    Abraham was approached about bearing offspring--his faith was of utmost importance--Hagar isn't what God had in mind. Mary was approached about bearing offspring--again faith was in her response. This is not necessarily about allegory this is the stuff of spiritual law. Application of spiritual law or bearing witness of spiritual law in operation is not allegory for someone who takes spiritual things to be of primary reality. The carnal mind is fixated on the physical. Spiritual does not necessarily mean allegorical. A hair split is not an allegorical hair. And who splits hairs for the sake of splitting hairs?
    First of all the LORD came to Abram IN A VISION - Abram was in a trance.

Abram is the Carnal Mind. Living in UR of the Chaldees - worshiping the MOON GOD - Called Sin. Sin is the God of.....wait for it.....EMOTION.

Abram was told to get up and leave this place in the Valley - For UR was a city of Babylon a DESERT and WASTE PLACE - which is the Carnal Mind in intercourse with Emotion. Abram obeyed and headed South. Lets look to see some interesting facts about his journey.

Ai= a waste heap was on his left = his intellect, rationalizations
    Bethel - house of God was on his right

Sarai was Abram's wife of Emotion. And she cracked up when the Promise came. She Sarai made sure that her desire to please Abram was realized so she offers up Hagar her maid servant.

Sarai means - a head person - the wife of emotion ruling the husband of mind is the place called where Sin is worshipped in the low places of the earth [carnal mind]. Earth means base consciousness.

Hagar means - flight [this goes to a fear response]

Ishmael is the wild man - because he is the son birthed out of the Carnal Mind. Hard to control. We all have children called Ishmael in our lives. We think to control our mind but we all have some thoughts that seem to control us.

El Shaddai is the Holy Spirit. Abram obeyed and was washed with truth, he walked in God's Way and then and only then did El Shaddai come to Abram in Gen 17:1 - remember the Kingdom is within you - so these are thoughts held in vision in the upper room. El Shaddai told Abram he was to be called Abraham.

Abram is no longer Carnal Minded. Abram was tested and tried and found to be not wanting and El Shaddai baptized Abram and he was reborn Abraham [Higher Mind]. And Sarai was reborn into Sarah [princess]. Sarah therefore represents NEW JERUSALEM and this city of the Great King is found Within you and me.

For we all are Abram and Sarai. And we hopefully will all be Abraham and Sarah. And therefore the child of Promise can only be birthed by the Spiritual Woman. For the Carnal Woman births only carnal desires and therefore bondage. In other words there is an internal war.

But when the child of Promise comes by the Spiritual woman there is peace confirmed by God. For Mary was a SURROGATE. For Sarah represents that which the Holy Spirit births in us as conceived by Heavenly seed. Shoot let me nail it down.

Luk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Spirit [female nature] shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest [male nature] shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

We have a Mary aspect in each of us.

Now then, it is these sons of God that are birthed in the Heavens of our Mind [Higher Mind] which are send to the Earth as Immanuel - God with us. These thoughts renew our Lower Mind and bring our Lower Self into compliance with our Higher Mind. Thus our Land becomes married.

Gen 17:10 This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised.

Now LOOK AGAIN with new eyes. Abraham is the Higher resurrected Mind and every man-child of thee is Abraham in intercourse with the Spiritual bringing forth works of the Spirit. Thus Abram surrendered free will only to have it returned to him once he became a Man.

Think present tense - I AM. What do you bring forth and how do you do it? For HIGH is the Way but we have been carnal for too long.

Gen 15:12 And when the sun was going down, a deep sleep fell upon Abram; and, lo, an horror of great darkness fell upon him.

Kind of like Adam, yes? The sun of his understandings was going out on Abram - and to his GREAT HORROR he realized he had it all wrong. Everything he thought he knew was a lie. And he realized that he needed to get his house in order - but he did not know how.

Gen 15:17 And it came to pass, that, when the sun went down, and it was dark, behold a smoking furnace, and a burning lamp that passed between those pieces.

When all of the carnal thoughts were silenced, then the Lord appeared!

Gen 15:18 In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:

And while the foregoing is an allegory concerning each and every one of us today folks are still fighting over the physical earth. What a shame. Gen 15: 19-21 represents the mixed serpent seed - thus the carnal mind - will be made to serve the Higher Mind. And it will no longer be winter and Spring will come!

But when the Promise does not come immediately look how we can rationalize within ourselves for our own good. We see the Emotions working overtime to see about another way - Oh Look - Abram use Hagar. And because it looks good, it appears good, we rationalize it is good. But it is a spotted cow. And that cow must be sacrificed on the alter of the Mind.

Shalom,
    MJ
    Last edited by Michael Joseph; 03-09-15 at 05:26 AM.
    The blessing is in the hand of the doer. Faith absent deeds is dead.

Lawful Money Trust Website

Divine Mind Community Call - Sundays 8pm EST

ONE man or woman can make a difference!

Or is it more practical and pragmatic than that? Any man buried in a worldly state or mire (or any soul buried in a 4' to 6'+ of jar of clay), might be touched by God's grace and come to realize that what he thought was reality might only be scratching the surface--that to have "true life" he has to separate from the world that he had found comfortable.

Its not allegory, the real events from which we can observe practical spiritual principle does not reduce them to mere allegory. That a man makes a choice between separation from the Matrix and sanctification unto God isn't mere allegory--its also not about mere human reasoning. Although, the past is the past we can no doubt glean something valuable from the record.

Someone robs a bank then gets sick from guilt and fear and dies with all of the stolen money unspent. Sure we can analyze the event for principles but it makes the real event no less real.

If a scientist has written his observations of causes of effects when mixing one type of substance with another --we might drawn the conclusion that acids and bases react each other in such and such a way. That principles can be deduced from the real events observed fails to make those events any less real for the observer though for us are they real unless we apply the principles ourselves? The over-allegory-ization of things could get to an errant extreme: each man has a mind, ears, nose, etc. No surprise?

The tendency of the female toward passive/subconscious and the male toward active/conscious isn't something peculiar to the names Abraham and Sarah, is it? We can see that at any given moment, a man has emotions, imagination, will--the same might apply for a woman or maiden however the tendency toward being 'ruled' by emotions (Moonstruation) is not a secret.

That there may have been depravities around Abram was likely very significant and were not mere allegory. The big picture gives clues as to why God initiated what he did with Abram. Also, Abraham was Abram, Sarah was Sarai. The addition of "h" perhaps connotating breath of life. Was that God's acting or "Gnostic reasoning"? The addition of the 'h' in both names show that they were more alive than before (perhaps it can be inferred that before they were sleep/dead and after God's actions awake/quickened).

Also, a husband and a wife and children seems to me to be a kind of ministry.

For three things the earth is disquieted, and for four which it cannot bear: For a servant {or pauper} when he reigneth {i.e. when he becomes king or ruler}; and a fool when he is filled with meat; For an odious woman when she is married; and an handmaid that is heir to her mistress. Proverbs 30:21-23 (KJV)
    For three things the earth doth tremble, and for four, which it cannot bear: For a servant when he is king; and a fool when he is filled with meat; For an odious woman when she is married; and an handmaid that is heir to her mistress. Proverbs 30:21-33 (ESV)
    The significance of Sarai or Abram being of royal upbringing would be in that those raised as paupers/poor/slaves tend to be raised without any knowledge as to their having significance and thusly underestimate the power of their words or actions on others. (Consider Dulocracy In America from that perspective). Thusly, if they come to a great position of power, unless they are corrected their actions, speech might be so burdensome and weighty to the land (earth) under their rule cannot bear it and trembles/quakes because of it (think: elephant in a China shop). That might also be why Moses was raised among royalty--he would get lessons in his own significance and powerful affect on his own life and the lives of others. Those who were raised as Egyptian slaves might be puzzled. This same kind paradigm can be found in the USA today. This is not allegory, this more along the lines of "life science".

So while stars, moons which might be otherwise useful for illustrating real principles, what of a situation when instead of explaining, has people worshiping as gods images of stars, moons, or replicas of things in heaven...to serve idols, to serve creation rather than the creator. What kind of priesthood leads men to that? Does that kind of priesthood have a rightful and useful place? Similarly, to serve allegory for the sake of the allegory --to split hairs for the sake of splitting hairs: to what end? Some have even gone as far as to see everything coming into their 'stream of consciousness' as allegory/symbols to the point nothing is 'real' the point becomes there being no point.

There are folks who have been worshiping real statues, images of stars, etc. not allegorically but really.

Anyways...perhaps it all has its place. Perhaps there might exist a Lesser Light (indirect ...hmm..maybe...like the Moon) which serves to rule those who dwell in darkness and a Greater Light (direct maybe...like ... the Sun) which serves to rule those who live in the light? Rather than being equals in opposition as Hollywood falsely potrays, perhaps they are simply separate and distinct with one of them infinitely more powerful than the other? Two separate systems, religions or 'churches'--one for those in darkness...one for those in light? Or perhaps there are two entirely separate systems--like parallel universes--each with its own Sun, moon and stars 'cosmology'?

The purpose here is to edify.

P.S. After his encounter with God, it seems that Abraham could have no further fellowship with the People of the Moon/Sin, he had to change stations. Abraham would have likely had a similar skin color to those he was around. Would his separation be based on biological "race" or something spiritual? Clearly it was spiritual. Also to be in a trance is not necessarily to be in darkness.
    Last edited by allodial; 03-11-15 at 05:23 AM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

Matthew 22:36-40New International Version (NIV)

36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

You know there are many outworkings to the Word. Therefore I will not declare what is laid on my heart to be the only truth. What the Holy Spirit gives to one man may not be the same to another. We are not all about the same uses in the Kingdom. Therefore, who am I to limit the Everliving?

Darkness is ignorance. Which is to say every man's and woman's status in the carnal mind. Which is to say Babylon, which is to say the Valley or the Plains of Mamre or the low places in the Earth. Enlightenment is the High Places - Mountains - Spiritual.

Right, race or gender has nothing to do with Abraham. Abraham in the analogy is every man and woman that ever lived. The Sun is a symbol used in the Bible to denote the coming of the morning which is always the removal of darkness or ignorance. Jacob wrestled with the Angel all night. But in the morning came the blessing.

Mal 4:2 But unto you that revere my way shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in Her wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.

Symbolic language has a voice. The reason they continue to worship in reality is for the most part ignorance. Therefore there is a need for a teacher, but once these are taught, they are no longer in need of a teacher. Once the way is known, then there is no longer a need for a teacher. Yet we see many learning, always learning, but never coming to the truth.

1Jn 2:26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.

1Jn 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Yes indeed there is a 2nd coming, who can deny that? But Jesus was very clear, if you can receive the Kingdom To Day, why wait? To Day is the day if you can hear His voice!

I love the story of Abram concerning his father's idols - Ref the Book of Jasher. Abram one day went into his father's den and took an axe and smashed all of his father's idols save the big one. He then took the axe and put it in the big one's hand. When his father inquired as to what happened Abram replied, the little ones must have made the big one mad. At once his father was angry declaring that sticks and stones can't think or act. I imagine Abram gave his father the Rodney Dangerfield eyes.

While the idol is false the energy given to them is real. Therefore, I don't cling to the literal because the allegorical has real meaning for my life. I do not setup a false idol of the literal. Jesus himself told folks DON'T worship me. But what do people do? Exactly what Jesus told them not to do. The church is supposed to clothe herself modestly, but what does she do exactly the opposite. Jesus told us the Kingdom does not come by observation but what do people do they look without themselves "looking for a sign of his coming".

I find it amazing that people ask Jesus into their heart. Where did Jesus command that to occur? In fact Jesus invites us into His Heart! IF we would just place our trust with Him. Which means we are bound by the bylaws of The Way and we bind ourselves to obey. Paraphrasing Jesus: if you appoint me King why do ye so if you refuse to obey me? Valid question, yes?

Yes they were dead in their carnal mind, but by grace [H - the fifth letter] they we made alive. I am Abram and so is everyone. Those who are made alive are Abraham.

A priest has office. Office means duty. Therefore a royal priest before God has uses in the Kingdom of God. According to The Way: El Shaddai has the Administration - The House that Wisdom Built. For She oversees all that He tells His servants.

Joh 2:3 And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine.

Joh 2:5 His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it.

Luk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her [Mary], The Holy Spirit [El Shaddai] shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest [Yehovah] shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God [Immanuel].

Mary therefore is a surrogate that brings forth the Heavenly child of Promise. Mary therefore is an aspect of us that is active or lies dormant. For the most part the world is carnal and therefore dormant or desolate.

Jer 12:9 Mine heritage is unto me as a speckled bird, the birds round about are against her; come ye, assemble all the beasts of the field, come to devour.

Jer 12:10 Many pastors have destroyed my vineyard, they have trodden my portion under foot, they have made my pleasant portion a desolate wilderness.

Jer 12:11 They have made it desolate, and being desolate it mourneth unto me; the whole land is made desolate, because no man layeth it to heart.

The inheritance of God is Is-Ra-El. Not a race or a gender but a Spiritual folk - Abraham/Sarah [two become one] submit in feminine deed [as wife] to Yehoshuah [Jesus Christ] as groom.

Abram/Sarai are carnal and flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. In fact to be carnal minded is Hatred against God.

Be blessed,
    MJ

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkin View Post
    Matthew 22:36-40New International Version (NIV)

36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
    Jesus said: IF - that huge word..... IF you love me, Then [another huge word] - keep my commandments. Obey me instead of the preachers.

v.37 is total submission in trust to The Way. Obeying the words of Jesus. To seek with all that have I. To find I - is promised.

Mat 6:25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

the greatest is Love from a pure conscience.

Thank you,
    MJ

I suppose the thread topic is really about the origins of a particular religious belief. Mainly about historical records.

The issue of gender, homosexuality, "gender equality":

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. Galatians 3:28
    In the Spirit the issue of gender might be moot. That does not mean that in the world or in the physical it becomes moot. To assert "there is no gender here" to the world, to family structures, to the physical body is grossly errant and dangerous.

There are those who spread the destructive concept of a husband and a wife being "equals" now because there being no male or female "in Christ". The equality is in Christ..in the Spiritual sense. The believer-husband and believer-wife both having equal access in Christ to the Throne of Grace and the like. That does not dismiss the obligation of the husband to the wife or the wife to the husband.

A group of females running a Christian's women's help center were spreading the idea of equality of husband and wife. I happened to know one and interviewed her. I asked her if there there was a boss at their organization, a manager. Answer: yes. I asked if they were equal in the structure or framework of their workplace. The answer: no. There was a hierarchy and structure in their workplace. But yet they were teaching women to disregard the family structure. The radio show organization and the non-profit are IN THE PHYSICAL they aren't necessarily "in Christ" those some members of the organization might have that kind of access or claim.

So consider two friends having the same body height, the same hair color, the same quality of looks and appearance. Both join "the Navy". One becomes an Admiral and the other a Lieutenant under the other's command. Are they equals? Not in the social/military framework. There are those teaching the notion of parents and children being equal on the same basis: There is no gender, its all "Spiritual". While spiritual principles and wisdom can be applied to sound operation of a man or woman in the physical or with respect to a given society or social framework, they neither void nor invalidate their respective obligations someone has under a marriage or the like.

Ye know that they which are accounted to rule over the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and their great ones exercise authority upon them. But so shall it not be among you: but whosoever will be great among you, shall be your minister: And whosoever of you will be the chiefest, shall be servant of all.
    In the spiritual a regenerate, believer husband and his wives might have equal to access to the Throne of Grace. When they pray together they might all have equal authority and equal power outside of the framework of the household. In the household and family structure the equality is displaced by the husband being the head and Christ being his head in turn. To say that the equality in the spirit dismisses the wife from the duty to the family and the husband is dangerous, errant and destructive--it is counter to wisdom and the opposite of edifying. The husband defends his wife and children, is ready to lay his life down for them and they are equal? That is the deception that many men are waking up to and running away from.

The Centurion was not told "Your daughter is healed now and you are free to ignore your oath to the Roman military." The Centurion reaffirmed that he understood his obligation as the angels knew their obligations and thus he was able to see the ANALOGY from his own observation of military hierarchies of how the prayer could be answered and his child healed without Jesus physically going there.

To say there is no gender when dealing with physical bodies is strongly errant.

As for allegories. The Spirit help makes the words come to life so that the allegory can be seen (ala Divine Revelation) and thus wisdom is conveyed. The Spirit gives life rather not allegory itself. Spirit is not allegory.

In the spiritual or outside of the physical body is one thing. In the physical there is gender. The spiritual principles are to be applied to operation in the physical rather than voiding or vitiating obligations. Time and time again I've seen women embrace this equality concept, destroying families. But yet they are obedient to their "bosses" who cut them a paycheck every two weeks.

The allegories help build wisdom. The wisdom can be applied to operation in the physical or with respect to a social framework without vitiating or voiding it.

Perhaps a thread on the separate topic could be started? Because it seems to have diverged from the original topic.
    Last edited by allodial; 03-10-15 at 01:48 AM.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2

Quote Originally Posted by shikamaru View Post
    1. Christianity was spread by the sword. Remember Charlemagne and his conquest of Western Europe along with promotion of Christianity throughout the conquered territories? That was all promulgated by the sword.

2. Let's not forget Christianity's role in colonialism, slavery, torture, racism, and warfare throughout Europe and the world.

3. European history is rich with examples of extremism in Christianity. The United States have some examples as well to toss into the ring.
    If you mean "Christianity" in the sense of Roman Catholicism or Simonianism that might be true. There are completely distinct and different groups that are called or refer to themselves as "Christian". Bible believers (Torah and Gospel) are admonished against evangelizing or kingdom building by force of arms (i.e. prospering by the sword). It seems that it was mainly Spanish (Roman Catholic) who brought diseases and slaughter. The Spanish used smallpox and disease to extort and to destroy the native societies. While wars or conflicts were said to have broken out between Protestants and Natives, outright massacre is an entirely different matter--chalk that up to the Spanish.

Soon after landing on the island of Hispaniola, the Spanish began their relentless search for gold.

They told the New World natives that they had been living RENT FREE on the Pope's land for centuries and now it was time to collect the rent . . . with ARREARS!!

Every three months, the Indians were forced to surrender a hawk's bell filled with gold dust. In return they were given a copper token stamped with the date. Those who were found without a current token had their hands amputated as an example to others. Others who resisted were fed to the savage Spanish dogs.

The gold and silver was shipped back to the Vatican to fight the blessed Reformation of Saint Martin Luther.[more/link]
    The Spanish Inquisition

The Knights of Columbus have the Borgia Pope as their patron. They have not relinquished their dream of making America Roman Catholic. Tom Ridge of Romeland Insecurity is one of their members.Millions of Spanish speaking people have entered the U.S. since 1964 with the intent of putting this BULL into effect. (Source)
    In the words of the author, "An institution like the Roman papacy, conceived in fraud and born in iniquity, was bound in the order of God's law, to produce its crop of evil, and of this crop probably the Borgia Pope is the most striking example, though by no means the only one. Pope Alexander VI was the one who gave the entire New World to Spain, during the early days of exploration of the Americas. Thus the incestuous Borgia Pope Alexander VI becomes the fitting patron of the Knights of Columbus in their effort to "Make America Catholic", which proposition is further strengthened by the action of the Knights of Columbus in selecting the Borgia Coat of Arms to adorn the walls of their Oratory in Rome. (Source)
    The Spanish Inquisition in the U.S.

Re: the term "Christian"
    How and when was the word "Christian" first used? The term 'Christian' was used to describe a follwer of Christ in terms of the world, from the world’s point of view. The pagans at Antioch called the apostles "Christians" first (Acts 11:26; 26:28) and used it derogatorily because the apostles didn’t follow the commercial world of the pagans. "Christian" is an adjective, not a noun. The substance is not in the word "Christian", the substance is in the heart of the man it is attempting to describe, and which the pagan user cannot see.

Christ never called himself a Christian, Christ never called his followers Christians. The apostles never called each other Christians. Christ never used an adjective to describe himself. So how are we to identify ourselves then? The disciples called each other, "brethren", "disciples", "apostles", "servants", "believers", "followers", "the faithful", "the elect", "the called", and "saints." We can also identify ourselves as "bondservants" of Christ.
    Related:
    Last edited by allodial; 06-21-15 at 03:00 AM.

I remember talking about the early symbol for Christianity - as found on the Jesus family tomb. I drew it on the ground and then was up on a balcony...

Attachment 2645

That Simonians who called themselves Christian or heretical Gnostics would use that symbol makes perfect sense. As a symbol for Melchizedek, Essenes or true Judeans/Israelites dunno about that. If you look closely at the Koran, Mohamed relates the same Gnostic story about the crucifixion and that is very telling because it conflicts with both the Bible record of the crucifixion and the Talmud's record of his execution. More than one author has pegged Mohamed as having studied Mani and others students of Simon Magus which Rome is said to have embraced and made a "god".

In Revelations 12, the woman clothed with the stars had the moon at her feet and a crown of twelve stars. The moon being at he feet doesn't jibe with making it a symbol to serve under. Furthermore, making representations of things in heaven to worship them doesn't jibe either.

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them... Exodus 2:4-5 (5 in part)
    And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars: 2And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered. Revelations 12:1-2
    And he dreamed yet another dream, and told it his brethren, and said, Behold, I have dreamed a dream more; and, behold, the sun and the moon and the eleven stars made obeisance to me. 10And he told it to his father, and to his brethren: and his father rebuked him, and said unto him, What is this dream that thou hast dreamed? Shall I and thy mother and thy brethren indeed come to bow down ourselves to thee to the earth? 11And his brethren envied him; but his father observed the saying. Genesis 3:9-11
    The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
    The crescent moon as a symbol for Simonians or the various syncretic secret societies or heretical Gnostics makes sense. But for the true believers or followers of Christ, not at all.

Related:
    Simon Magus, Gnosticisim, the Ebionites & Islam
    Last edited by allodial; 06-21-15 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by allodial View Post
    That Simonians who called themselves Christian or heretical Gnostics would use that symbol makes perfect sense. As a symbol for Melchizedek, Essenes or true Judeans/Israelites dunno about that. If you look closely at the Koran, Mohamed relates the same Gnostic story about the crucifixion and that is very telling because it conflicts with both the Bible record of the crucifixion and the Talmud's record of his execution. More than one author has pegged Mohamed as having studied Mani and others students of Simon Magus which Rome is said to have embraced and made a "god".

In Revelations 12, the woman clothed with the stars had the moon at her feet and a crown of twelve stars. The moon being at he feet doesn't jibe with making it a symbol to serve under. Furthermore, making representations of things in heaven to worship them doesn't jibe either.

The crescent moon as a symbol for Simonians or the various syncretic secret societies or heretical Gnostics makes sense. But for the true believers or followers of Christ, not at all.

Related:
    Simon Magus, Gnosticisim, the Ebionites & Islam
    Fascinating! As always allodial.

However, how does this reconcile with the aforementioned symbol being found on "The Jesus Family Tomb". That was presented as if it were fact; am I missing something here?