Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
I thought of a hypothetical conversation after writing that post.

You will go to the Driver License Store - aka Department of Revenue and they may give you a paper to take to the court. Or you take that paper you showed us to the clerk of court. Go in early with $400 cash in your wallet - all marked Redeemed if you have a stamp. Also have your wife or a friend accompany carrying both cash and a checkbook. With a check subscribed on the Memo line like I described.

Tell the clerk of court that you wish to take care of the problem so that you can drive with a valid driver license card. If you do not pay cash or check, likely the clerk will have you arrested or maybe make arrangements for you to be heard with a magistrate.

Magistrate: How can I help you?

AJ: Are we on the Record? I would like to order a transcript of this hearing. I need this driver license card reinstated. This letter says that it has been revoked.

Magistrate: It looks like you have refused to pay the fine.

AJ: I will help the trustee any way I can but as I understand it the driver license functions as a bail bond worth about $250 and if I get stopped without a bail bond I will likely be arrested and my car impounded. I have a family and am worried about being stopped while driving my small children and things like that.

Magistrate: Maybe you had better just pay the fine out of pocket?

AJ: I am prepared to do that today but I am not the trustee. I am the beneficiary of the ANTHONY JOSEPH SURNAME constructive trust and defer any obligations to settle the charges to the State Treasurer as the trustee. If the State claims ownership over that trust, then I feel it unappropriate for me to be forced into that fiduciary responsibility.

Magistrate: ...

Where the magistrate goes with this is on the record. You ordered up a transcript. It is probably clear by now that the transcript will be kept in your evidence repository. That is about all you can do. But that is by no means a small thing to be doing.

If the magistrate just tells you to pay up the fine, then I suggest you do that. But you will have that transgression on the record. That is what I am about; Record-Forming. I am not buying into the whole CQVT scenario, that is being promoted by others here and I am hoping they do not get somebody like you hurt, AJ. I do not want to be a tyrant and shut them down for having an opinion, and I admit, I find the scenario quite interesting.

What I am saying is that after you have the transcript in the USDC then you copy back to the court the clerk instruction. Maybe even file your default judgment there. This might have some impact the next time you are stopped for a ticket and properly identify yourself. But you will at least be covered by the bonding and avoid having to try fighting and arguing wearing a jumpsuit and handcuffs.

If you don't get ahead of this, we will just hear about how corrupt government is after you are released on bail. This way, we can keep up real time, and your family will appreciate having you around too I bet.

Regards,

David Merrill.
What you are saying is to forego the R4C process altogether in the future, when dealing with "tickets", and just pay the fines in order to keep a valid driver's license.

It sounds as if you feel I should not be taking this any further since I have a wife and children to look after. Either you feel I am not experienced or knowledgable enough to take this all the way or you feel it is not worth the chance being a family man.

I have heard you mention on several occasion that you drive on the roadways without a DL card carrying only a certificate of search on your true name to provide to any LEOs you may encounter. Have you ever been stopped while driving a car?

Forming the truth on the record is important and valuable. This entire exercise will get the truth on the record. What you are suggesting is that the STATE will act in dishonor no matter what truth I present which could land me in jail. You feel that, for me, it is not worth it or I am not ready for that challenge yet.