Thread: DL was NOT provided or used as ID

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have my own account to add to this ongoing saga.

I got pulled over yesterday for speeding. Officer approached and waited while I gathered my documents. I noticed my licence had JUST expired last month on the 31st but I presented it anyway and said very loudly and clearly.
    " I am not presenting this as identification, only to show competence", he replied "but this is your identifica...." to which I smiled at him and basically said whatever with a shrug of my shoulders. He says ok in a muted tone and walks back to run me through the system. 20 minutes later a patrol sergeant shows up and I say to myself "whichever way this goes this should get interesting". I see him poked into his patrolmans side window and then sticking his head out kinda giving me a mean look in the rearview to which I YAWN. PS walks over and says in a very polite tone "excuse me sir did you know your licence has expired" I replied "I JUST saw that now when I presented it". "Ok thank you" and walks away. 20 minutes later the patrolman walks back over with all my papers and nothing else. "I apologize for taking up your time and inconveniencing you sir" "we are having a computer glitch at the moment so were gonna let you go" " my sergeant is not happy about it". I smile and say thank you and actually share a laugh with the patrolman about safe driving and off I GO.

question: can I keep driving with an expired licence and just keep presenting it as proof of competence?
    Last edited by AllanNR; 06-15-15 at 05:00 PM.