Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
Somebody PM'd me this - I believe because of this subject matter.
By process of lawful strategy this is not how an officer approaches the situation inheritable. One must express the intent to void the assumption. This is the tacit I spoke of some time ago which can be also through silence if we do not speak up.
Subsection of that code says:
(c) Use of information contained on a driver's license is not a violation of this Section if (i) the individual whose information has been used gave express permission for that use or (ii) the information relating to the individual was obtained from a source other than the individual's driver's license.

The latter which is (ii), that part in reference to said officer seeing the name on registration matching the drivers license would give the hook he would need if one did not speak up and say: " I do not consent to be recognised by the name and waive any benefit thereof". As to say, no I do not need any services/benefits today. I could further thrown in our discussion about service, but we have already discussed that already in this thread I think.

Subsection (a) is also interesting noting a commercial activity. We have thwarted such claims with 18 U.S.C 31 by definition what commercial use is. If someone is interested in discussing that it would probably be best suited for a new thread though.