Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: DL was NOT provided or used as ID

Why go to the trouble to even do all that?

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    If you can show a bond - like suggested - then you show responsibility. Therefore you might get by with a plate that displays an account number for at least $30K in escrow - in contemplation of an accident. RAP/RuSA was distributing Travel Warrants - they called them. But there never has been any funding behind RAP/RuSA. So they are bogus driver licenses. If TURNER had funded bonds then maybe things would have turned out differently.

Regards,

David Merrill.
    USDOT # record has bonding/insurance tied to the LEO search. Probably a lot easier to deal with them than anyone at the State level.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

Quote Originally Posted by allodial View Post
    USDOT # record has bonding/insurance tied to the LEO search. Probably a lot easier to deal with them than anyone at the State level.

Fascinating!!

Do you have any of the Registration Application to get DOT registration on your private motor vehicle?

Anthony Joseph
    FINAL UPDATE... for now

Unfortunately this round ended in a somewhat deflating fashion according to what I expected to occur in a court setting. My wife's car registration came up for renewal during this escapade and when she attempted to renew, she was denied since the registration for her car also has the LEGAL M. NAME with a suspended license on it. In other words, due to the DL card I use being suspended, they will not allow a registration renewal for a car with that name on it.

So, I had to expedite the correcting of this situation and I went to the DL bureau/courthouse to help with that issue. I found it extremely easy and quick to resolve this issue with cash regardless of the verbiage contained in the presentments sent which stated that an appearance before a judge was required and a signed "clearance document" from the court was needed in order to reinstate the DL.

NONE OF THIS EVEN CAME UP. I handed cash over to the clerk and presto, reinstatement. There was a room semi-full with people and when I arrived, I didn't even sit down to wait. I was taken right away and instructed that when payment was made upstairs at the clerk of court, bring the receipt and the DL will be reinstated for $60. NO clearance document, NO judge, NO ANYTHING... just cash. It was made real easy for me and I was in and out in less than fifteen minutes while I witnessed people still waiting to be called.

I only did this because I did not want my wife to have to deal with an expired registration with our children in the car. They don't need to deal with that unnecessary strife so I ended the situation this way for now. I still have the entire process documented in my evidence repository for the next occurance.

BTW, when asked for a signature I wrote "Lawful Money". I will upload that doc when I have a chance.

Fascinating!!

Do you have any of the Registration Application to get DOT registration on your private motor vehicle?
    With a credit card one can apply online. Its probably a lot easier to apply online and then send in an update by fax. By mail or by fax are alternatives.

A division of a private family trust that I oversee has a USDOT # with a not domestic mail addy and fax # --no other contact info. Communications from USDOT are like this: "To John Henry, as Attorney-In-Fact of Family Trust...". They communicate by fax on a regular basis.

Link to the MCS-150 is here.

To knowledge, no State plates are required if the automobile is free from a car note or mortgage or the like. If you remove State tags on a car with a note they will presume one to be up to commit larceny. One can do the following for completing the form:

#1 and #2 your choice
    #22 Interstate -- the treaty protection zones are Interstate--this keeps you out of the district-states. Choosing intrastate and local DMV will probably bother you.

#23 OTHER and "Not for hire", "Private", "Exempt", "Immune" etc.

#24 *only* OTHER and "No cargo" choosing "household goods" is not a smart idea IMHO.

Also If I recall correctly, technically without the 'car carriage' on top, the underlying wheel-base is a 'truck'.
    Last edited by allodial; 08-27-11 at 11:46 PM.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2

Nearly overwhelming! - Those two posts...

Thanks guys.

Anthony Joseph;

It sounds like they had that strategy in mind for you so they could 'dodge the bullet' so to speak. Tell us; is your driver license signed Anthony Joseph?

There was posting issue. This is to add clarification..

#22 Interstate -- the treaty protection zones are Interstate--this keeps you out of the district-states. Choosing intrastate and local DMV will probably bother you. The idea is that get in your private automobile, leave your private land or your dominions then as soon as you reach the street/highway/road you commence transit through the UN-OAS-NATO zone to the shopping mall and then right back to private land.

#24 *only* OTHER and "No cargo". WARNING: choosing "household goods" is not a smart idea IMHO. No cargo also means no human chattel!

I have traveled sans State plates with USDOT # with family crest on custom tag on front and rear or automobile, no problems. Once what appeared to be a Police or State DOT SUV trailed behind me for a good deal of the trip on Interstate/Interstate and then he exited the highway and headed toward a street known to be heavy with semi traffic. Suppose he had better things to do.

if one does it online, one can always follow up by a fax to the USDOT's Chief Counsel to clarify your intent. Be courteous. USDOT personnel have been quite upstanding.

Also: others have reported cross country trips with no pullovers and just displaying USDOT # only.
    Last edited by allodial; 08-28-11 at 12:17 AM.

It bounced off the brain trust with a warning.

A division of a private family trust that I oversee has a USDOT # with a not domestic PO Box and a fax # --no other contact info.
    How can this be done without imitating or impersonating a federal or state employee?

Anthony Joseph
    Nearly overwhelming! - Those two posts...

Thanks guys.

Anthony Joseph;

It sounds like they had that strategy in mind for you so they could 'dodge the bullet' so to speak. Tell us; is your driver license signed Anthony Joseph?
    It is signed Anthony Joseph d.b.a. ANTHONY J XXXXXXX.

How can this be done without imitating or impersonating a federal or state employee?
    #1 for MAILING ADDRESS one can put private in front among other things. Instead of PO Box one can put "private box ####". Family trust does not have any SSN or an EIN.

#2 put stickers on the bumper that read "PRIVATE" or "NOT FOR HIRE" ..put it on the tag even or on the USDOT decal..depending on how you do it

#3 One can send memorandum of law or the like indicating your reservation of rights or the like, your intent so as the clarify. Keep the 'application' form and related documents on hand. Or at least copies thereof.

There is a drop-down on the online USDOT application for UNKNOWN STATE..not sure of the usefulness of that selection.

#4 Interstate selection only removes it from being intrastate. No 'State employee' relationship ..its interstate.

#5 "near" before CITY, STATE is to remove 'resident of city' presumption.

A division of a private family trust that I oversee has a USDOT # with a not domestic PO Box and a fax # --no other contact info.
    Should read private box not PO Box. There is such a thing as a "private box" or a "private bag". Private != resident (public office holder). Not domestic = not U.S./Metro Federal/state employees are neither private nor non-domestic. 'near' City, State is to remove the presumption under a city-residence contract.

Example:

private 40 Baker Lane
    near Chicago, Illinois not domestic

private box 9493
    near Chicago, Illinois [12345-9493]

One can ask about the +4 numbering for the private box.

General post office is also an option.
    Last edited by allodial; 08-28-11 at 06:06 PM.