Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheriff Clarke: ‘Assault’ on Policing Hasn’t Been Seen Since 60s

Sheriff Clarke: ‘Assault’ on Policing Hasn’t Been Seen Since 60s

Attachment 2356
    Sheriff Clarke: ‘Assault’ on Policing Hasn’t Been Seen Since 60s
    Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke (D) said that “we haven’t seen these types of assault on the institution of policing since the turbulent ’60s” on Thursday’s “Your World with Neil Cavuto” on the Fox News Channel.

“This war on our nation’s finest, the american police officer, continues, but it continues to be fueled by some very important people. I think it’s empty rhetoric for what Eric Holder offered today and the president through a tweet of all things, when they have now an obligation to stand up and remind people in these urban ghettos and these american ghettos, that they have a responsibility to comply with law enforcement officers’ commands” he stated.

Clarke also dismissed the Department of Justice’s report on the Ferguson Police Department as “junk…there was no objectivity. he cherry picked a few e-mails and he misapplied and used a misapplication of data and statistics.”

Clarke added that while the report did not contribute to the shooting, “it continues to fuel this cop hatred this, anti-police sentiment that’s going on in America. That used to be underground. We haven’t seen these types of assault on the institution of policing since the turbulent ’60s, the riots of the ’60s that hit a lot of urban centers in America, and now it’s come to the surface because they feel empowered by some of the cop-hating rhetoric that we’re hearing since the days of Ferguson, Missouri.” [More/source]
    Related
    Sheriff Clarke: "DOJ Trying to Emasculate Cops"
    Sheriff Clarke: ‘Assault’ on Policing Hasn’t Been Seen Since 60s (with video)
    Last edited by allodial; 03-13-15 at 07:33 AM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

Interesting he said the 60s.
    The 60s was when Civil Rights protests for African-Americans really ramped up.

Is history about to repeat itself?

Quote Originally Posted by shikamaru View Post
    Interesting he said the 60s.
    The 60s was when Civil Rights protests for African-Americans really ramped up.

Is history about to repeat itself?
    Would Barack Obama, Eric Holder, Condaleeza Rice, Colin Powell, etc lead such a protest? What "Civil Rights" are being deprived to them because of the color of their skin?

Perhaps it is the false narrative of oppression leading to self-imposed defeatism that permeates the AMERICAN-born "black" race which keeps said people in this erroneous mindset. Perhaps it is people of their own "color" who perpetuate these false narratives in order to personally profit by exploiting their "own kind".

Immigrants & Foreign-born[edit]

Educational attainment rates change when it comes to comparing the same races against immigrants or foreign born students. Black African and Caribbean immigrant groups to the U.S report having higher levels of education than any other group.[63] Of all foreign-born U.S. residents, foreign born Africans (those who come from the African continent) nowadays have a higher level of educational attainment than any other racial or ethnic group in the United States.[64][65] They tend to be highly educated and be fluent in English. This trend was first reported in the 1990s' by the Journal of blacks in Higher Education and still continues today.[65][65]

According to the U.S census, "43.8 percent of African immigrants had achieved a college degree, compared with 42.5 of Asian Americans, 28.9 percent of immigrants from Europe, Russia and Canada and 23.1 percent of the U.S. population as a whole."[66] The educational attainment amount varies by group. According to the U.S. Census, out of the African populations, Nigerians reported to having the highest level of education.

source:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Achieve..._United_States

There are some black and Hispanic groups in America that far outperform some white and Asian groups. Immigrants from many West Indian and African countries, such as Jamaica, Ghana, and Haiti, are climbing America’s higher education ladder, but perhaps the most prominent are Nigerians. Nigerians make up less than 1 percent of the black population in the United States, yet in 2013 nearly one-quarter of the black students at Harvard Business School were of Nigerian ancestry; over a fourth of Nigerian-Americans have a graduate or professional degree, as compared with only about 11 percent of whites.

source:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/26/op...cess.html?_r=0

I guess you won't see Nigerians, who have a much darker skin tone than "African-Americans", holding any signs or marching in protest due to being unable to achieve their goals in "racist America". Perhaps it is the content of one's character, rather than the color of one's skin, that causes one to be successful or not in 2015.

stoneFree
    Imagine having a real Attorney General. Someone who wasn't beholden to the banking elite. Judge Napalitano is brilliant. He has an amazing legal mind as witnessed in this video on the Clinton email controversy.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/410352233...il-controversy

Quote Originally Posted by BLBereans View Post
    Would Barack Obama, Eric Holder, Condaleeza Rice, Colin Powell, etc lead such a protest? What "Civil Rights" are being deprived to them because of the color of their skin?
    Try equal policing and equality under the law.
    Police have been getting away with abuse for decades. I'm glad this is all finally being brought to light.

Just from the protests in Ferguson, the corruption of the municipal court system was exposed.

You don't keep quiet when you are being abused. You take action.
    If it is inconvenient for others, so be it.

You are aware that protesting is a right? Take it as that right is now being exercised.

Quote Originally Posted by BLBereans
    Perhaps it is the false narrative of oppression leading to self-imposed defeatism that permeates the AMERICAN-born "black" race which keeps said people in this erroneous mindset. Perhaps it is people of their own "color" who perpetuate these false narratives in order to personally profit by exploiting their "own kind".
    Perhaps a very real and uncomfortable narrative is being exposed all over these United States concerning policing and the justice system?
    You know, it wasn't but a few decades back since we've had Jim Crow, yes?
    Where we are today didn't occur in a vacuum. The past has shaped today along with lingering effects.

Immigrants & Foreign-born[edit]

Educational attainment rates change when it comes to comparing the same races against immigrants or foreign born students. Black African and Caribbean immigrant groups to the U.S report having higher levels of education than any other group.[63] Of all foreign-born U.S. residents, foreign born Africans (those who come from the African continent) nowadays have a higher level of educational attainment than any other racial or ethnic group in the United States.[64][65] They tend to be highly educated and be fluent in English. This trend was first reported in the 1990s' by the Journal of blacks in Higher Education and still continues today.[65][65]

According to the U.S census, "43.8 percent of African immigrants had achieved a college degree, compared with 42.5 of Asian Americans, 28.9 percent of immigrants from Europe, Russia and Canada and 23.1 percent of the U.S. population as a whole."[66] The educational attainment amount varies by group. According to the U.S. Census, out of the African populations, Nigerians reported to having the highest level of education.

source:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Achieve..._United_States

There are some black and Hispanic groups in America that far outperform some white and Asian groups. Immigrants from many West Indian and African countries, such as Jamaica, Ghana, and Haiti, are climbing America’s higher education ladder, but perhaps the most prominent are Nigerians. Nigerians make up less than 1 percent of the black population in the United States, yet in 2013 nearly one-quarter of the black students at Harvard Business School were of Nigerian ancestry; over a fourth of Nigerian-Americans have a graduate or professional degree, as compared with only about 11 percent of whites.

source:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/26/op...cess.html?_r=0
    Interestingly enough, what they have is culture. Africans in these United States had that stripped away. You can guess what the cause of that was.

I guess you won't see Nigerians, who have a much darker skin tone than "African-Americans", holding any signs or marching in protest due to being unable to achieve their goals in "racist America". Perhaps it is the content of one's character, rather than the color of one's skin, that causes one to be successful or not in 2015.
    The protests are concerning police brutality as well as so-called equal application of the laws. Legitimate grievances that are spilling forth.
    Your argument does not pertain to the subject matter of the protests concerning law enforcement and policing.

Glad you recognize America is certainly racist.
    It has a very long and very colorful (no pun intended) history of being racist.
    Last edited by shikamaru; 03-22-15 at 06:58 PM.

I doubt Sheriff Clark would agree with any of your assertions. If you listen to his analysis of these recent events, as well as others, he paints a much different picture than the one you put forth.

He doesn't look Nigerian to me, I don't know for sure, but I would bet he is one of those who had their culture "stripped away", as you put it, and yet found a way to "make it" and hold the high office of "Sheriff". He is not alone, there are many more with his high character who seemed to find a way to make, and live, an honorable life under the same conditions you speak of.

"Hands up, Don't Shoot" was a completely false narrative which led to unwarranted violence and destruction of property. Just because one has a right to protest, doesn't mean one is immune from criticism when they do so under false pretenses.

The fact that the "Police" are also out there to generate revenue is nothing new; that happens almost everywhere to almost everyone.

Those who act upon their disgusting racist views should be reprimanded harshly; that means on both sides of the issue.

Talk about an honorable and brave man; take a listen to someone with character that should make anyone living on this land proud. He understands that the people are sovereign and that those who enter into oath-sworn offices of the public trust serve said people. A great man with a great message.

I doubt Sheriff Clark would agree with any of your assertions. If you listen to his analysis of these recent events, as well as others, he paints a much different picture than the one you put forth.
    Have you asked Sheriff Clark what his opinion would be or are you claiming to speak for him?
    One person does not make the entirety of experience of a group.
    How much more real does it have to be than being shot unarmed?

Quote Originally Posted by BlBereans
    He doesn't look Nigerian to me, I don't know for sure, but I would bet he is one of those who had their culture "stripped away", as you put it, and yet found a way to "make it" and hold the high office of "Sheriff". He is not alone, there are many more with his high character who seemed to find a way to make, and live, an honorable life under the same conditions you speak of.
    Honor isn't going to stop bullets, police harassment, police brutality, or profiling.

"Hands up, Don't Shoot" was a completely false narrative which led to unwarranted violence and destruction of property. Just because one has a right to protest, doesn't mean one is immune from criticism when they do so under false pretenses.
    "Hands up, Don't Shoot" was nationwide. The only destruction of property occurred in one city, Ferguson, MO.
    Do I need to forward you a list of all the unarmed African-Americans who have been shot since last year?

The fact that the "Police" are also out there to generate revenue is nothing new; that happens almost everywhere to almost everyone.
    But it is new (and unknown) to the majority of Americans. How many millions are unaware of this fact?
    If this was more well known, I think people would get off their backside and start peering more deeply into government finance beginning with the CAFR.

Those who act upon their disgusting racist views should be reprimanded harshly; that means on both sides of the issue.
    We need to come to a working definition of what racism is. I see racism as an economic and social system.

What you call 'racism' is actually prejudice.
    Last edited by shikamaru; 03-23-15 at 03:16 PM.

Talk about an honorable and brave man; take a listen to someone with character that should make anyone living on this land proud. He understands that the people are sovereign and that those who enter into oath-sworn offices of the public trust serve said people. A great man with a great message.
    Who are "the People"?

Quote Originally Posted by shikamaru View Post
    Have you asked Sheriff Clark what his opinion would be or are you claiming to speak for him?
    One person does not make the entirety of experience of a group.
    How much more real does it have to be than being shot unarmed?

Honor isn't going to stop bullets, police harassment, police brutality, or profiling.

"Hands up, Don't Shoot" was nationwide. The only destruction of property occurred in one city, Ferguson, MO.
    Do I need to forward you a list of all the unarmed African-Americans who have been shot since last year?

But it is new (and unknown) to the majority of Americans. How many millions are unaware of this fact?
    If this was more well known, I think people would get off their backside and start peering more deeply into government finance beginning with the CAFR.

We need to come to a working definition of what racism is. I see racism as an economic and social system.

What you call 'racism' is actually prejudice.
    Your assumptions make your arguments unreasonable. The fact that I wrote, "I doubt..." would imply an opinion as to what I believe how the Sheriff would respond to your assertions; why would I presume to speak for him when he does a phenomenal job speaking for himself? Have you listened to him yet?

Unarmed does NOT mean NOT Dangerous or NOT Life Threatening. I presume the overwhelming majority of "Police Officers" would concur.

Acting out destructively and violently based on a false narrative will not stop bullets, police harassment, police brutality, or profiling either; in fact, it may increase it.

The fact that "Hands up, Don't Shoot" was "nationwide" doesn't make it any more credible; it makes it worse since many were convinced of a false premise. It also doesn't excuse the subsequent violence and destruction that occurred in Ferguson.

Ignorance is no excuse; almost every city in America has roving revenue agents collecting unnecessary "fines" for otherwise victimless "crimes". Let the ignorant be ignorant; you obviously took the time to learn about your surroundings and the workings of the "system" in your midst. Why excuse others for not caring to do the same?

If someone speaks the opinion that all white people are evil, it is the same idiocy as someone who speaks the opinion that all black people are criminals. Please point to any current law in America which supports racism in any form.

Prejudice is "prior judgment". That happens on both sides of the issue unfortunately.