Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheriff Clarke: ‘Assault’ on Policing Hasn’t Been Seen Since 60s

Quote Originally Posted by shikamaru View Post
    You know you've contradicted yourself yet again with this post, yes?

If you don't mean what you say, don't say it.

Racism is far more prevalent than you care to admit. It disturbs the narrative you've ego invested in.

While you may personally find racism and prejudice entertaining, it can mean life or death as well as whole host of other impact issues if you are African-American.

You are presuming there was some sort of unity. Let me repeat, there never has been any unity. Whatever unity you think you may haver perceived is contrived at best.

Could you produce for me in dollars and cents figures where African-Americans profit from the "business of racism"?
    Does this profit compare with the profit of the several States, government of the United States, and European-Americans have profited from the "business of racism"?
    Is this business incorporated?
    Does this business produce revenue statements?

You are also presuming Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, et al speak for all African-Americans.
    African-Americans are not a monolith.

Who is saying Caucasians need to feel guilty for anything?
    Learn and study history in all its nightmarish glory.
    The animosity has been pre-existing since before the creation of the several States. It takes animosity in part to create a system such as racism.

When you are ready to talk with me rather than at me, I'm here for you.

This makes 2 for 2 you've contradicted your initially stated positions.
    There is no contradiction except what you perceive; my stance is clear for anyone who who can read objectively.

Your opinion on racism is not canon; go interview the 350,000,000+ people on this land and get back to me with the real data. Stating that there has NEVER been unity between white and black people is utter nonsense. Not everyone is as preoccupied with race as you are.

You continue to lodge your attacks upon my views with the very same tactics used by the mainstream media; I said that what passes as news is more akin to entertainment, not that racism and prejudice is entertaining. Why would you do something so obvious that most people here can see right through? It makes you look foolish and shallow.

Specific to the topic that Sheriff Clarke comments on; the "black leaders" brought to the forefront to fuel the fires after incidents like Ferguson, profit through exploitation of these incidents. I did not presume anything regarding Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, et al; those are the faces and voices first on the scene when said exploitation occurs. I don't see african-americans removing them and contradicting them when they presume to "speak" for african-americans during such incidences.

They do business under the names AL SHARPTON and JESSE JACKSON as well as others, RAINBOW COALITION, et al. Are these men providing a service or producing a product, other than RACE EXPLOITATION that I am not aware of? Where else does the "revenue" come from?

Leftist, "intellectuals" who have infiltrated the "higher learning" industry for the past several decades have been teaching the nonsense of "white guilt"; it seems to be working.

There is plenty of history to be read which does not coincide with your version of truth.

I prefer clarity over agreement.

BTW, your "scoreboard" isn't working; may want to get it fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by shikamaru View Post
    I prefer truth and reality to faux unity that never existed.

I have yet to see this in practice whether current or historical.
    In fact, the good book was used to justify slavery and racism. See the Ham myth.

To me, he comes off as almost completely and willfully ignorant of the history, plight, and current ongoings of African-Americans with regard to law enforcement.

I place even less value in it since you've pulled this from Breitbart, a known propagandist of the conservative persuasion.

Ferguson, MO municipal court system and police department are being exposed for the corrupt pieces of garbage that they were.
    They were running a petty fiefdom for profit and gain.

Sorry if that offends you.
    You make my point. Many people who claim His Name do the opposite of what He preached and how He lived. That does not mean that the "good book" teaches such nonsense; selfish, power hungry and evil people interpret anything in a manner which fits their nefarious intents. Do you believe that everyone who reads The Bible buys into the "Ham myth'?

You impugn a man simply because he disagrees with your viewpoint. He doesn't agree with you so he is "willfully ignorant". I don't believe your view has been established as canon, unless I missed some special announcement. I would bet Sheriff Clarke would be more than capable of backing up his views with first-hand knowledge and a coherent grasp of his people's history. Why do you presume him ignorant of his own history; he seems like a very articulate man who speaks intelligently and eloquently while maintaining an honorable sense of ALL people's rights. The fact that you so harshly dismiss and belittle his views is more telling of you rather than him.

What exactly did I "pull" from "Breitbart"? You may want to direct your vitriol to the original poster for that. I simply linked a youtube video from the CSPOA (Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association), a NY Times article (a bastion of conservatism???) and wikipedia. Does one automatically become part of the "conservative persuasion" by claiming to be a Constitutional Sheriff and a Peace Officer? Now it is you who is being willfully ignorant.

Every municipal court system in America is running a business for profit and gain, where's the surprise?

You mean to tell us that there is corruption in government; what a news flash!!!

Do you think that maybe there is corruption among the so-called "exposers" of Ferguson as well?

Nah, the DoJ is completely run by upstanding, honest and righteous people... hello???

Here is the full video/interview from a search on youtube; "Breitbart" has nothing to do with this video nor is Sheriff Clarke a mouthpiece for "Breitbart".

How anyone can listen to this man speak and find fault with his sentiments, motives or intents is beyond reason. He is not a "party-liner" of any kind and laughs at the ridiculous notion of some black people calling him out as the standard "Uncle Tom" figure.

He directly states he has the confidence and support of many black people in his community and nationwide. I guess he is either a liar or the rhetoric surrounding the matters he speaks of is misguided and intentionally misleading.

Again, I value this man's opinion and find honor in his actions. If we had more like him, the world would be in better shape.

Quote Originally Posted by BLBereans View Post
    Every municipal court system in America is running a business for profit and gain, where's the surprise?
    Death of the County or Lost At Sea
    David Merrill has given insight as to what happens when a county is swallowed up by municipalities--Five Burroughs of New York for example. My kurt explanation is along the lines that the residents (or the electorate) are presumed dead. Imagine the logic: how can the dead, die again?

Name:  031111-Sheriffs-uniforms.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  58.2 KB
    Name:  police-officer-hd-wallpaper.jpg
Views: 1705
Size:  105.5 KB
    Ever notice that police tend to wear blue or black and sheriffs tend to wear brown or reddish colors? The blue and black is a clue. Red and brown are associated with life, soil, land, blood.
    Sheriffs Are Not Police
    IMHO its worth noting that sheriffs aren't municipal officers (sheriffs are not "police") and instead tend to be county officers with the county being a subdivision of a state. Clarke as sheriff isn't a municipal policy enforcement officer. Sheriffs aren't "police" but are law enforcement officers, "shire keepers". From observation it has seemed that the municipalist don't like sheriffs and have gone out of the way to put sheriffs "in the corner" because they know what sheriffs stand for and can do. Sheriffs in many jurisdictions have tended AFAIK to be underfunded as a means for liberal, progressive legislatures to control or obstruct them. Where sheriffs are elected and mentioned in state constitutions, they are agents of the People.

Name:  adidas-shackle-sneakers.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  59.4 KB
    Removing Shackles & Blinders
    While many "Afro Americans" and others who feel jaded by the US system might have a hard time breaking with entrenched mental habits, the county sheriff can be a powerful ally in defense of rights. Those Ferguson Police are part of the "municipal" or "dead corporate" known as "City of Ferguson". Sheriffs are very much likely aware of this and tend to stay out the municipality mess (perhaps the view might be "its your business if you got yourself entangled in that"--if you chose to be part of a municipality). If you elect to be a municipality-ite, the sheriff will probably step back and presume your relationship with the municipality and the municipality's functions are "functional"--unless you make the contrary known. Consider also, for a home-rule city like St. Louis City, Mo. the Mayor is the go-to for certain things, but the sheriff (a county officer, as opposed to a municipal officer of the City of St. Louis) deals with county matters (the courts and management of the county jail).

AFAIK, sheriffs tend to presume inferior municipal officers are doing their jobs honestly. A sheriff is typically the principal conservator of the peace of a county. For a city, this might tend to be the mayor. A city tends to most always be "in" a county even if its an independent or homerule city--thusly the sheriff would have superior jurisdiction.

"Whites" and "Blacks" might do well to get wise about the powers of both sheriffs and notaries.

Related:
    Last edited by allodial; 03-29-15 at 09:25 PM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

Another great interview...

The photo is an unintended addition. A little (no so little) distraction may be needed at this point.
    Last edited by BLBereans; 03-29-15 at 09:26 PM.

When is the last time anyone saw Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson sponsoring basic training in law for "Afro American" communities? Believe me, time and time again I've found it very sad how many Blacks seek help from the very same folks who are out to put a foot on their necks. Blaming just wastes time--get wisdom.

There is also the "private attorney general" option.
    Last edited by allodial; 03-29-15 at 09:34 PM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

I can't find one interview where I disagree with what this man stands for.

The Sheriff's take on racism in this day and age.

His take on the DoJ "findings" regarding Ferguson, MO.