Thread: Israel and the Church

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BLBereans View Post
    "Why do I care..."

It's obvious to any reader that you don't. Is that the point?

You say, "Along comes a Superman who can walk on water, yeah right. Sure he did....Whether he did or not - why do I care one bit? I don't."

We get it, you don't care; but why the non-committal and contradicting statement, "Sure he did....Whether he did or not". Sounds a bit like you are unwilling to make a firm stand either way yet you deride those who do if they do not choose the direction in which you lean.

I too am just sayin'...

As to parables: can it not be interpreted as to mean the necessity of Jesus to articulate His gospel to the multitudes by using analogies which they could better understand in their own historical/cultural context? Why does speaking in parables have to mean hiding the truth - secrets? The apostles knew without the need for explanation/clarification; they were chosen and had understanding of these things by direct revelation unlike the yet untaught multitude. Isn't that the reason for preaching? Isn't that the correct method of preaching; to reach others in ways they can understand? Parable = Analogy.

As to greater works: can it not be interpreted that the greater works would be the worldwide spread of the gospel; the birth, life and death of Jesus The Christ? Couldn't it mean that while Jesus' ministry was only local, the greater church's ministry will be worldwide; something Jesus did not accomplish while on earth?
    Well I guess that is fair enough. What exactly is the Gospel that Jesus taught? It certainly was not about himself. After considerable study I have found that Jesus taught concerning the Kingdom of God and specifically concerning The Way of the Kingdom. Now why pray tell, do you think Religion has that backwards?

I mean to hear the religionists go on one would think that Jesus came to give witness of himself. But lets just see if we can see what Jesus said concerning that fact.

Joh_5:31 If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.

Clearly Christ did not ordain the church in Jesus' day. In fact it was the State sponsored religion. Well let me see, yep as I look around nothing has changed. A watered down white washed gospel concerning God knows what is taught. A Gospel that glorifies Jesus. And in fact Jesus specifically instructed the Disciplined Ones - do not worship me.

Well lets just see if the undisciplined ones are to understand the mysteries of the kingdom shall we? You know, the ones right, those who worship Jesus and do not in any way shape or form walk in The Way of God according to the gospel of Jesus which is the Kingdom of God.

Mat_13:11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

Mat 13:13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

Mat 13:14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:

Mat 13:15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Mat 13:16 But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.

Well friend unto you it is given to know too. However religion blinds the spiritual eyes and as such many remain without.

Specifically, unto the personage known as BLBEREANS, If you feel derided it is a self indictment. I have derided noone. I will not yield to religion. I just have a different perspective. I can see zero reason why any man should be lifted up before my eyes. In fact we are commanded to do just the opposite and yet folks lift up Jesus in direct disobedience to the Top Ten.

The Kingdom of God is come. Well now shall we get a better handle on this gospel that Jesus taught. You know the one that should be preached - but is not.

Mar_1:14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,

Mar_1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Comment: Well, dadgumit, I wonder did Jesus just say the Kingdom of God is at hand? I wonder what the religionists are waiting for? Death perhaps? Is everyone asleep or did you just realize dear reader that Jesus said "the time is fulfilled" - that is PAST TENSE. And then comes the Kingdom of God is AT HAND - that is NOW. Not later - that is right now!

Luk 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

Entering into what? The knowledge of the Kingdom of God specifically concerning The Way of God.

Mal 2:7 For the priest's lips should keep knowledge, and they should seek the law at his mouth: for he is the messenger of the LORD of hosts.

Mal 2:8 But ye are departed out of the way; ye have caused many to stumble at the law; ye have corrupted the covenant of Levi, saith the LORD of hosts.

Comment: Priests causing many to stumble at the law is an understatement of understatements.

Mal 2:9 Therefore have I also made you contemptible and base before all the people, according as ye have not kept my ways, but have been partial in the law.

Comment: The Law of course is spiritual - but of course religion has made it fleshly and physical.

Rom_7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

=================

Jer 12:10 Many pastors have destroyed my vineyard, they have trodden my portion under foot, they have made my pleasant portion a desolate wilderness.

Eze 13:7 Have ye not seen a vain vision, and have ye not spoken a lying divination, whereas ye say, The LORD saith it; albeit I have not spoken?

Eze 13:8 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Because ye have spoken vanity, and seen lies, therefore, behold, I am against you, saith the Lord GOD.

Eze 13:9 And mine hand shall be upon the prophets that see vanity, and that divine lies: they shall not be in the assembly of my people, neither shall they be written in the writing of the house of Israel, neither shall they enter into the land of Israel; and ye shall know that I am the Lord GOD.

Eze 13:10 Because, even because they have seduced my people, saying, Peace; and there was no peace; and one built up a wall, and, lo, others daubed it with untempered morter:

Comment: And according as I am commanded - I shall say - RELIGION SHALL FALL>

Eze 13:11 Say unto them which daub it with untempered morter, that it shall fall: there shall be an overflowing shower; and ye, O great hailstones, shall fall; and a stormy wind shall rend it.

Eze 13:12 Lo, when the wall is fallen, shall it not be said unto you, Where is the daubing wherewith ye have daubed it?

========================

Concerning religion:

Eze 13:21 Your kerchiefs also will I tear, and deliver my people out of your hand, and they shall be no more in your hand to be hunted; and ye shall know that I am the LORD.

Eze 13:22 Because with lies ye have made the heart of the righteous sad, whom I have not made sad; and strengthened the hands of the wicked, that he should not return from his wicked way, by promising him life:

Comment: v 22 is religion 101 - just believe - in what - who knows.

Eze 13:23 Therefore ye shall see no more vanity, nor divine divinations: for I will deliver my people out of your hand: and ye shall know that I am the LORD.

Shalom,
    MJ
    Last edited by Michael Joseph; 03-15-15 at 03:21 AM.
    The blessing is in the hand of the doer. Faith absent deeds is dead.

Lawful Money Trust Website

Divine Mind Community Call - Sundays 8pm EST

ONE man or woman can make a difference!