Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gift

The Gift

The Gift of Eternal Life

Will the Bride Respond Like the Mother?

The Father was very careful about whom He selected to become the Mother of His Son.

Will He not be just as careful in selecting His Bride?

Will those of us chosen respond in humility and faith as Mary did?

Continue...

You can also listen to the message about "The Gift" at:
    http://recordings.talkshoe.com/TC-30428/TS-932543.mp3

One of the called, in accord with Isa 41:27,
    Doug

P.S. A personal message to the saints follows:

To the called out ones, the lovely and pure Bride of Christ TODAY,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNWoz_Rg8q8

The above "Celtic Moon Luna" Youtube video displaying our beautiful Moon accompanied with classic harp songs, can truly inspire us as we prepare for the beginning of God's next sacred astronomical calendar year that starts on Saturday, March 21, 2015, beginning at sunset of previous day.

The Full Moon that shines on the night after Passover Night proclaims our deliverance from sin by the fulfillment of Holyday 1 on the 1st Day of Unleavened Bread - Passover - which is fully realized on Holyday 2 as typed by Israel's deliverance at the Red Sea on the 7th Day of Unleavened Bread.

March 21 is Abib 1 - the first day of God's sacred astronomical calendar in the heavens.

See the Annual Holydays for 2015 at:
    http://pentecostnation.org/docs/holydays.pdf

Perhaps the theme of our preparation for this next Passover on Abib 14, Friday, April 3, beginning at sunset of previous day, should be our preparation as the Bride of Christ to marry Him on Pentecost in the very near future.

Read Ps 19:1-5 and notice the sun is a type for the Bridegroom.

Read Song of Solomon 6:10 in connection with Rev 12:1; 19:7-9 to see the moon as a type for the Bride.

Holyday 1 was literally fulfilled on Abib 14, 30 A.D. when a carpenter from Nazareth, the Son of God, died as our Passover.

Holyday 2 will just as literally be fulfilled in this generation, on what I believe will be Abib 49, a Sabbath (Saturday), the day before Abib 50, Holyday 3, Pentecost, as typed by the 7th Day of Unleavened Bread Holyday (7x7=49).

Marriage is the theme of Holyday 3 - Pentecost - dealing not only with the marriage of God to Israel in the OT at Mt Sinai on Pentecost, but also with the marriage of Christ to the Church/Bride in the NT "in Jacob" (Ps 99.4; Isa 55.5; Mic 4:6-10; Rev 19:7), for which Mt Sinai was its TYPE, which will occur in the very near future, on Pentecost.

So, seeing this connection of the Moon to the Woman/Bride/Church, may we learn to shine the light of our Savior and Husband just as much as this next Full Moon will shine on the night of Abib 15, Saturday April 4, beginning at sunset of previous day.

Now, whenever we look at the Moon, we should see and realize our role as the Bride of Christ - it is indeed a Gift beyond comprehension, and will last FOR AN ETERNITY!
    Last edited by doug555; 03-15-15 at 02:51 AM.

Thanks for sharing. What of the Pentecost mentioned in Acts in the upper room shortly after the kingdom was formally conferred and then the same was conferred upon the saints? That event is encoded at Ephesians 1 and 2 (the word sit is translated from Greek 'kathizo' or the like and means to confer a kingdom upon). Maybe I might be reading it wrong because it seems to not be mentioned. Very interesting stuff though.
    Last edited by allodial; 03-15-15 at 06:20 AM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

Quote Originally Posted by allodial View Post
    Thanks for sharing. What of the Pentecost mentioned in Acts in the upper room shortly after the kingdom was formally conferred and then the same was conferred upon the saints? That event is encoded at Ephesians 1 and 2 (the word sit is translated from Greek 'kathizo' or the like and means to confer a kingdom upon). Maybe I might be reading it wrong because it seems to not be mentioned. Very interesting stuff though.

Good question! I think you are referring to Eph 1:20 and 2:6. The NAS says "seated". This same word is used in Col 3:1. See its Greek meaning at: http://www.biblestudytools.com/lexic...ugkathizo.html

Now contrast your view with the question raised in Acts 1:6-7. If the kingdom was already "conferred", why did the Apostles ask this question? (BTW: the word "conferred" does not appear in the NT in the context you cite.)

I believe your view may be best explained by Rev 3:5, where our names as converted begotten saints and citizens of the Kingdom are written in the book of life, and they will stay there unless we fail to overcome, upon which such names will be erased from the book of life.

Mt 25:31,34 shows when the saints inherit the kingdom. It occurs after we are born as literal spirit beings, and are no longer flesh and blood (Jn 3:5; 1 Cor 15:50)

IMO, right now, our status is only son and heir (Gal 4:7) - not inheritor and possessor - of the LITERAL Divine Family Kingdom.

Beware of the "kingdom is within you" doctrine, which may have prompted your view above, which aligns with Gnosticim.

The word "within" in Lk 17:21 could just as legitimately be translated "in the midst of", which has an entirely different connotation in the context of that Scripture.

Notice that these Pharisees had this very same question that the Apostles had in Acts 1:6, namely, "when the Kingdom of God was coming".

Notice that Christ said it was NOT coming with "signs to be observed". Yet , then in Lk 17:24, just a few verses later, He says the Son on Man will come as lightning in the sky in His day (referring to Holyday #4), and in Mt 24:30, He refers to this same event, saying "then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky".

Is this not an apparent contradiction? Indeed it is!

Unless Lk 17:20 has an entirely different meaning than is commonly assumed.

Let's see if this explanation fits better, and resolves this apparent contradiction...

Christ is saying in Lk 17:20 that to the Pharisees the kingdom will not come into their awareness and belief by signs, or by any miraculous physical event that they could see and observe. It can only come by revelation from the Father. And this principle and truth is clearly illustrated in Mt 16:15-17.

Now, notice that Mt 16:15-17 had to do with recognizing the man named Jesus as The Christ, the very Son of God, in the flesh. They also recognized Him as "the King of Israel" (Jn 1:49).

Then notice that the Pharisees did NOT recognize Jesus as the Christ, the King of the coming Kingdom of God, who was literally standing there "in the midst of" them - "For behold, the Kingdom of God is in your midst (Lk 17:21 NAS). The Kindgom of God, in the literal person of its King, Jesus Christ, was right there standing in front of them, and they could not see it/Him!

Now, does not this translation of the Greek word "entos" (Strong's 1787) as "in the midst of" make more sense, in this context, and resolve the apparent contradiction?

And then notice that Christ actually did answer the Pharisses' question about "when" by stating in Lk 17:25, which refers to the Passover, which is Holyday #1. Amazing! If they had eyes to see and ears to hear, the Pharisees, who supposedly were experts in the Scriptures should have seen this connection, and then should have been able to extrapolate that the Kingdom would NOT come until Holyday #4. And, obviously, after the Passover, Holyday #1, there would have to occur in history TWO MORE HOLYDAYS before the kingdom would come on Holyday #4.

This is the same mistake that is blinding almost all people on earth to this very day!

This is the blindness that http://pentcostnation.wordpress.com is dedicated to exposing and expunging from those who are being called to partake in the Spring Harvest Phase of the literal Kingdom of God on earth!

BTW: The Acts 2 Pentecost event is NOT a fulfillment of Holyday #3. It is only a TYPE of what will literally happen at the true literal fulfillent of Holyday #3 that MUST occur AFTER Holyday #2 occurs. Nothing happened in Scripture between Jn 19 (Passover) and Acts 2 that records the fulfillment of Holyday #2. This oversight is also a major cause of the blindness about Holydays #2 and #3!

This Petition will help remove this blindness.
    Last edited by doug555; 03-15-15 at 03:19 PM.

Here is a most interesting study and treatise relating specifically to the "Kingdom".

Attachment 2366

I just began an eleven-week course Kingdom Builders.

Quote Originally Posted by BLBereans View Post
    Here is a most interesting study and treatise relating specifically to the "Kingdom".

Attachment 2366
    Thanks for this cite.

Searching for "entos greek meaning" led me to this work at: http://www.biblicaltheology.com/Research/MarcinR01.pdf

It focuses on this exact issue, as stated on page 3:
    ... the question of whether 'entos' truly is an ambiguous word. The purpose of this article is to explore the meaning of the Greek preposition 'entos' primarily from a semantic vantage point. The exploration will necessarily involve some theological inference, but it is hoped that theological preference is avoided.

Notice on page 2, footnote 3 (bold added):

The “in the midst of you” translation has a connotation that may appeal to many Christians. The thought is that Jesus is identifying the Kingdom of God with Himself; He (Jesus) is in their midst.This connotation is somewhat problematic, however, in that Jesus has just told His audience that the Kingdom of God does not come with observation, and He (Jesus) was certainly observable to His listeners.
    Then on page 6 (bold added):
    At this point, it does seem at this point in our analysis that the Kingdom of God is more within us than among us. Butto give a semantic answer – even a tentative one – is not necessarily to capture the full meaning of a word, especially its meaning in the context of so important a scriptural passage. Our trek continues.
    The question, of course,remains whether there are nuances that we haven’t yet taken into account.
    The Revised Standard Version actually uses “in the midst of” in its translation of the Luke 17:21 passage. Only slightly different – but perhaps enough so to add a nuance – is the New American Standard Version’s “in your midst”. Do the “in your midst” connotations inform the meaning of 'entos' One somewhat tenuous argument for the translation of 'entos' as “in the midst of” is the fact that as a preposition 'entos' takes the genitive case (the word most frequently translated as “among”, i.e. “ev”, takes the dative case).
    Thus, even if we were to allow the fact that takes the genitive case to inform its meaning,we are not necessarily budged from our tentative conclusion that 'entos' means “within” or 7 “inside”. And yet “in the midst of” is also a plausible genitive form. It is yet possible that “in the midst of” might somehow express the meaning of 'entos', perhaps more clearly or more fully. Again, our trek continues.
    Counterarguments, of course, have been made for the connotation of “among” or “in the midst of”, but they tend, to some extent at least, to be based more on theological preference than on semantic analysis. 5 Theological preference aside, analyses of the simple meanings of the preposition 'entos', its adverbial counterparts, its antonym, and its Septuagint usages in the Old Testament leave little doubt but that the Kingdom of God is “within” us, and provide scant support for the notion that the Kingdom is to be understood as being “among” us.
    Notice especially the phrase "Theological preference aside" in the above cite. Can this exclusion be justified, especially in light of what the Scriptures say about how we are to arrive at the truth in Isa 28:10, 13 which shows that the context from the entire Bible is very important in order to understand any particular verse?

Now notice the footnote #5 referenced in this cite. It states this (bold added):

"Jesus was telling the Pharisees where, i.e., in what locale, the Kingdom can be found."
    Please notice that this statement in footnote #5 ignores an important aspect about what is actually stated in the Lk 17:20, which is:

"20 Now having been questioned by the Pharisees as to when the kingdom of God was coming, He answered them and said, "The kingdom of God is not coming with signs to be observed;".

Notice that the Pharisees' question was about when - not where!

Now the heart of this issue becomes this:

Is this when aspect in this exchange a significant enough of a "connotation" that it can justifiably invoke a "theological preference" that overrides the "simple semantic analysis" to support the "in the midst of" translation over the "within" translation" in Lk 17:21?

I believe my previous post sufficiently answers that question, especially in view of the apparent contradiction regarding the "signs" issue, which both of these studies completely ignore, but which, however, is very relevant to this exchange and to the truth about the intended meaning of this Greek preposition "entos" in Lk 17:21.

BTW, this "kingdom is within you" issue stems from the Gnosticism that both John and Paul had to deal with in their days.

Let me be clear.

The position that the real truth is only allegorical is the "spirit of the antichrist" and the "spirit of error".

How can I say that?

Because the Apostle John clearly states that in 2 Jn 7 and 1 Jn 4:2-3,6!

7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist.
    2 By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; 3 and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world.
    6 We are from God; he who knows God listens to us; he who is not from God does not listen to us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

Be advised, this spirit is an even greater threat today (1 Tim 4:1).

Lk 17:21 is a perfect illustration of how diabolical and insidious this doctrine is.

Both 1 Jn and 2 Jn have the theme and focus of knowing the truth.

The real and whole truth is both allegorical and literal. The Christ literally came in the flesh! Likewise will the kingdom literally be established on this earth - on Holydays 3 and 6!

One must wonder what is so wrong about having a literal kingdom of God governing this earth?

Nothing that I can see... unless one wants to remain as god in his own imagination.

But that is the very mistake Adam made in the Garden of Eden, and which we are living under to this very day... justified under the doctrine of Pantheism... another great lie.

The Apostle John ends with this warning to us, which we would do well to take very seriously:

"Little children, guard yourselves from idols." (1 Jn 5.21)

The most subtle idol is ourselves - becoming god in our own allegorical reality, and denying the real literal world of the Eternal God's creation!

Now can you see why the "kingdom is within YOU" doctrine is so dangerous?
    Last edited by doug555; 03-16-15 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by doug555 View Post
    Good question! I think you are referring to Eph 1:20 and 2:6. The NAS says "seated".... Now contrast your view with the question raised in Acts 1:6-7. If the kingdom was already "conferred", why did the Apostles ask this question? (BTW: the word "conferred" does not appear in the NT in the context you cite.)
    Good question but Acts 1 might be a bit too early (Luke 24:49 probably relates to your question). Instead of Acts 1, look at the events of Acts 2 (i.e. post ascension 'kathizo' event). As for the significance of Pentecost, I have found that: helpful is comprehending the mystery of the shofar.
    Last edited by allodial; 03-16-15 at 02:05 AM.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2

Quote Originally Posted by allodial View Post
    Acts 2 is the written record of the conferring (i.e. the 'kathizo' event). Acts 1 is too early. As for the original significance of Petencost, comprehension of the usefuless and mystery of the shofar might be greatly helpful.
    The only thing conferred by that event was the gift of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, which is what the Father had promised to give them (Acts 1:4; 2:4, 33, 38).

May I ask where are you getting this idea of "conferring the kingdom"?

And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.
    Ephesians 1 and 2 + Luke 24:49. What had to happen before they would be endue them with power from on high? Ephesians 1 & 2 seem to clearly lucidate what happened post ascension and why they said to tarry.

Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places...
    Name:  Kathizo.png
Views: 658
Size:  30.5 KB

Seat as in like "seat of government" or "county seat" rather than as in "comfy chair". This significance is profoundly lucidated:

Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come (Ephesians 1:21)
    And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus... (Ephesians 2:26)
    My kingdom is not of this world John 18:36
    But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light. (1 Peter 2:9)
    Last edited by allodial; 03-16-15 at 02:29 AM.

I just began an eleven-week course Kingdom Builders.

The Father was very careful about whom He selected to become the Mother of His Son.
    Auspicious.

Pragmatist revelation leads me to believe that Archelaus HEROD was likely bedding Levite maidens when afforded the opportunity, as a mentally ill King of Israel. (I remind the reader that Herod THE GREAT's three sons were Archelaus (KING), Antipas (TETRARCH) and Philip (TETRARCH). Somebody blurted out in a Bible Study that Christmas (December 25) was Jesus' "conception birthday". I did not inquire how but being born September 11, 3 BC, December 25, 4 BC would put Mary about two weeks overdue - which is entirely possible.

This indicates the timeline to be that pregnant Mary was dumped on Joseph ARIMATHEA*, a wealthy and politically active silver miner to raise the unwanted bastard. During Jesus' birth Jupiter went into retrograde motion and in conjunction with Regulus not only caused the brightest star the people had ever seen in their lifetimes, caused it to linger for several nights that way. Then fifteen months later a delegation of three dignitaries traveled to Jerusalem from Babylon during the retrograde motion of Venus moving backward in the sky and alerted Archelaus that the next King of Israel would be that toddler he had sired from the virgin priest-maiden from a few years earlier.

In a rage Archelaus began a campaign of infanticide that got him exiled by 6 AD and so we find him thirty years later still King of Israel but living in the wilderness with John BAPTIST as his Prophet (channeling the Spirit of Elijah) and finally accepting Jesus' coronation as King of Israel.

Regards,

David Merrill.

* Albeit there are degrees of freedom unmentioned, the strict reading indicates that Joseph, Jesus' adopted father was Joseph of Arimathea on the premise that parents would not name two of their sons by the same name Joseph.
    Last edited by David Merrill; 03-16-15 at 08:39 AM.