Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Gift

Well, I can mostly agree with these last posts. Either I was totally missing your stance before or you have backed off a bit; I am still on the fence about that.

Of course I can agree with the assertion that we must always be diligent after what is ultimately important; being spiritually-minded and NOT seeking to build up treasures on earth. Do not be pre-occupied regarding carnal thoughts and desires and keep your focus on the Kingdom of God.

However, discounting the flesh altogether leans toward the neo-gnostic and theosophic. I do not buy into the "we're not really here, it's all just an illusion" theory.

I apologize if I misconstrued your views.

Quote Originally Posted by BLBereans View Post
    Well, I can mostly agree with these last posts. Either I was totally missing your stance before or you have backed off a bit; I am still on the fence about that.

Of course I can agree with the assertion that we must always be diligent after what is ultimately important; being spiritually-minded and NOT seeking to build up treasures on earth. Do not be pre-occupied regarding carnal thoughts and desires and keep your focus on the Kingdom of God.

However, discounting the flesh altogether leans toward the neo-gnostic and theosophic. I do not buy into the "we're not really here, it's all just an illusion" theory.

I apologize if I misconstrued your views.
    I have found that folks hear what they want to hear. Nevertheless I would that each man would be an independent thinker and that religion be completely destroyed. I appreciate your honesty.

Exo_19:6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

The other day a woman tried to tell me that the eye on the back of the dollar was the eye of Lucifer. She said why are you laughing? I said I view it as the eye of Providence. There are no idols in my book. I am free in Christ. I could have just said prove it with first hand knowledge and testimony that she was privy to the development of the seal, but then again, that would be a complete waste of my time because I knew she was spewing words that were given to her - cut/pasted upon her fragile mind. And that would only alienate her from further discourse.

Genesis Ch 1 reflects either a renewing of terrestrial man into the Celestial Man or it could even be rendered the Creation of matter.

Either way:

Gen_1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Regards,
    MJ
    Last edited by Michael Joseph; 03-26-15 at 02:51 AM.
    The blessing is in the hand of the doer. Faith absent deeds is dead.

Lawful Money Trust Website

Divine Mind Community Call - Sundays 8pm EST

ONE man or woman can make a difference!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Joseph View Post
    I have found that folks hear what they want to hear. Nevertheless I would that each man would be an independent thinker and that religion be completely destroyed.
    Even your way of thinking or beliefs is a religion by definition. It seems that you are keen on everyone subscribing to the same system of beliefs or way of life (i.e. religion by definition) as in: you want them to have your religion. Even the atheist has a religion.

Related:

Num 2:9 All that were numbered in the camp of Judah were an hundred thousand and fourscore thousand and six thousand and four hundred, throughout their armies. These shall first set forth.

Gee what a coincidence that the men of Judah number 186400 - THE SPEED OF LIGHT.
    If the underlying Hebrew actually had a mention to something to do with light, finding significance in that number might make sense. However, if someone has a phone number 1 864 400, do I presume them to have something to do with light? A more useful significance of the numbers in each tribe around the tabernacle is that when checking the populations proportionally, the tents and tabernacle would have formed a cross if viewed then from above.

Name:  camp3.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  78.3 KB
    Last edited by allodial; 03-27-15 at 12:58 PM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

Quote Originally Posted by allodial View Post
    Even your way of thinking or beliefs is a religion by definition. It seems that you are keen on everyone subscribing to the same system of beliefs or way of life (i.e. religion by definition) as in: you want them to have your religion. Even the atheist has a religion.
    I am not here asking or wanting anything of anyone. Like I said people will see and hear what they want to see and hear. I would that every man come to find the Tree of Life within himself [no gender]. I care not for the collective mind. So if you don't agree with me, well that is GREAT. That means that you are thinking for yourself. But do please try not to cast dispersions of libel upon me based on your inability to accept my presentments. Rather I would that you might broadcast your thoughts upon the waters.

I don't get down with the party line. I hold that religion is a great sickness.

Isa 1:6 From the sole of the foot even unto the head there is no soundness in it; but wounds, and bruises, and putrifying sores: they have not been closed, neither bound up, neither mollified with ointment.

Isa 1:10 Hear the word of the LORD, ye rulers of Sodom; give ear unto the law of our God, ye people of Gomorrah.

Isa 1:11 To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the LORD: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.

Isa 1:12 When ye come to appear before me, who hath required this at your hand, to tread my courts?

Shalom,
    MJ
    Last edited by Michael Joseph; 03-27-15 at 02:12 PM.
    The blessing is in the hand of the doer. Faith absent deeds is dead.

Lawful Money Trust Website

Divine Mind Community Call - Sundays 8pm EST

ONE man or woman can make a difference!

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Alan View Post
    Let us not forget that...

"For where two or three are gathered together in My Name, there I am in their midst."

Quote Originally Posted by allodial View Post
    If he were talking to believers, I could go with "within you".

Thanks for your posts, Keith and allodial, which leads me to this point:

In Acts 1:6, the Apostles asked basically the same question as the Pharisees:

6 So when they had come together, they were asking Him, saying, "Lord, is it at this time You are restoring the kingdom to Israel?"

But Christ did not tell them (the Apostles) that the "kingdom is within you".

Why not?

That would have been a perfect time to say the same thing to them that He said to the Pharisees!

Instead, in Acts 1:7, Christ told them (the Apostles) this:

7 He said to them, "It is not for you to know times or epochs which the Father has fixed by His own authority;
    Notice:
    1. Christ did not correct them and explain that the kingdom of God was already "within them", and not to look for some external, literal, future event.
    2. Christ did not correct them and explain that the kingdom was not coming until Holyday #4, the Feast of Trumpets.
    3. Christ did correct them and explain that it was not for them to know when the times and epochs of when the Kingdom was coming.
    4. Christ did tell them what there job and focus was - to be witnesses (Acts 1:8) of the fulfillment of Holyday #1, with Him dying and being resurrected as the Passover Lamb.

So, by Christ saying that they would not know when the kingdom was coming, is He not acknowledging their perception of a future literal kingdom as being correct?

If not, then wouldn't it have been a perfect opportunity to correct them by saying "the kingdom is within you", and is not coming in the future "with signs to be observed" (NAS)?

But Christ didn't. Because it is NOT coming with signs to be observed by them (the Apostles) and those Pharisees, in that generation.

Those signs are reserved for the End Time Generation (Mt 24 and Lk 21:25-32). That end time generation will observe the signs!

Now we see the context much better, given this perspective above.

Even so, the Apostles and the early church still believed the kingdom was literally coming in their lifetime. You can see evidence of this belief in Peter's and Paul's early writings. Later, when it did not come, they realized this mistake.

But many saints still thought it was imminent. And, then by the 2nd Century, they became very disappointed and disillusioned.

I believe that the doctrine and philosophy of Gnosticism became a convenient and convincing coping mechanism for these disappointed saints. It provided a way to "save face" against their critics who said such a "faith" in a literal kingdom on earth was "foolishness".

Listen, Gnosticism is directly linked to the lack of knowledge and understanding of Holydays 2 & 3!

If the saints had reflected and meditated upon the FACT that Holyday 1 was just fulfilled by Jesus, why did they not ask about when Holyday 2 was to occur?

And then when Holyday 3 would occur?

Why, instead did they jump all the way to when Holyday 4 would occur?

I believe the focus of the religious leaders/experts of that age was always on the Coming of the Messiah (Holyday 4). They were not looking for a "Passover Lamb".

One would think that the Jews, as one of the Tribes of Israel, who had been keeping all of these Holydays every year since the time of their Exodus from Egypt would have been looking for the fulfillment of each of these TYPES that they were portraying and repeating annually.

Then when the ANTI-TYPE of Holyday 1 occurs right "in their midst" they cannot see it! Amazing, isn't it? How could they be so blind?

If the early saints had been focused on Holyday 2 being the NEXT Holyday, they would have been able to answer their critics, and not have to resort to Gnosticism as an explanation for the delay in the literal coming of the kingdom.

Okay, now consider how we are doing TODAY, who believe and know that Jesus fulfilled Holyday 1, Passover.

Are we TODAY looking for and praying for the NEXT Holyday to occur? Holyday 2?

Are we doing any better than the Jews?

Think seriously about this! Especially since Passover is about to be observed again this year in a few days.

Will Christ say to us as He did to Peter "Get behind Me, Satan. You are a stumblingblock to Me; for you are not setting your mind on God's interests, but man's."? (Mt 16:23)

God's interest and focus right now is on fulfilling the very NEXT Holyday in His Master Plan depicted by His 7 Annual Holydays.

Where is ours?

It was not for the Apostles to know the times and epochs for the rest of the Holydays.

But isn't it for us today?

Isn't that what is being revealed by https://pentecostnation.wordpress.com, in accord with Isa 41:27?

Isn't it time to Sign This Petition and show Our Father our acknowledgement and appreciation for what He and His Son have done for us by literally fulfilling Holyday 1, making The Gift possible for us TODAY?

Psalms 95
    Last edited by doug555; 03-28-15 at 01:04 AM.

@ doug555

I don't sign petitions, but I'll make one anyway. Thanks.

Some of the Gnosticism seems a lot like the idea of having the brazen serpent surrounded in fog or in a veil. They claim to be bringing wisdom by obscuring the heck out of the remedy. The program was so simple, faith...believe...you look at the serpent, you are saved. Jesus Christ isn't be equated to any serpent, just the foreshadowing was that the faith mechanism which would be used to bring salvation.

You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; John 5:39
    Hmm maybe John 5:39 was in reference to their Gnosticism as in their tendency to look through scriptures ignoring the face meanings and looking for "secret codes" instead?

Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest? Acts 7:49
    The issue with the original idea being referred per the OP, is that they skipped mention of Pentecost 33AD which is highly significant. Ephesians 1 & 2 even assert the significance. Pentecost day after Exodus was very similar. My references are to Ephesians chapters 1 and 2 rather than to Luke 17:21. It seemed curious that the Pentecost after the resurrection was not mentioned.

All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Matthew 28:18
    That is what Jesus said after the resurrection. Again the key thing that I inquired about (an inquiry rather than a dismissal of the OP topic) is why is the first Passover mentioned but the immediately following Pentecost not mentioned?

Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear. For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand... Acts 2:29-34.
    Now turning attention to AFTER the ascension and the conferring of the kingdom. The conferring of the kingdom is also mentioned in Acts 2. Its not only mentioned, it is explained and is in harmony with Isaiah 66:1.

...And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:

22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,

23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all. Ephesians 1:19-23
    And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. Ephesians 2:19-23
    Sit is not referring to a comfy chair to play the XBox.

Acts 2:29-34, Ephesians 1:19-23, Ephesians 2:6-7, Isaiah 66:1 seem to all be related. I don't see any mention of the footstool being the throne. That the kingdom extends to earth that is one thing. The kingdom being seated on earth seems contrary to the scriptures.

So again, in all of the interesting-ness of the topic of the OP, why is reference to the Pentecost following the resurrection/Passover missing? Here again, I refer to Ephesians chapters 1 & 2 along with Acts 2 and tot he meaning of the word 'sit' or 'seat' (as in kathizo in Greek). Related is the latin term "sessio" and the term "sedes".

Name:  sedes.png
Views: 259
Size:  2.4 KB

What does a judge sit on? A bench? A bench is a type of seat. I have seen and daily experience the power of God. I have witnessed and experienced healings. The kingdom is now and current--in session and has been at the very least least since around Pentecost day following the resurrection. From scriptural evidence, I'm not sure how such notion can be refuted without bringing the scriptures in question to scrutiny.

If the believers are part of that body of Christ, and the believers are on the planet, then does not the very same kingdom find itself present in some fashion on the earth?

Regarding "trumpets"
    The shofar was and is used to herald or announce the presence or entrance of a king (even for coronations). It is also said that calling upon a name or saying someone's name brings about their presence.

Canst thou bind the sweet influences of Pleiades, or loose the bands of Orion? Job 38:31
    Hmm...I wonder if there is any significance to the Pleaides in all of this.

This is not Gnosticism. This is based on direct revelation, through prayer which came to me over fifteen or so years ago. It might not be the "pop culture" paradigm but its rooted in scripture.

P.S. Consider the example of someone becoming sheriff. Once he becomes sheriff, he can then deputize. So if he promises to his closest supporters to make them deputies he has to wait until he takes office, right?

Related:
    Jesus Christ Rules on David's Eternal Throne (I haven't read this but a glance it looks Kosher.)
    Last edited by allodial; 03-28-15 at 02:15 PM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.